The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

14 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

whatever you say man... i highly doubt Dallas accepts that trade anyway...

same doubt hammy wants to come back and we could get a player that could step in now rather then a hope cause all draft picks are that but the great ones like the players like Bure that you know would be awesome

3rd overall and a cap dump is what is be looking to deal at. Agree that 3OA is too much for Tanev, but it's not way off either.

We have to do the trade after the expansion draft. I really don't get the fear over losing Sbisa (I actively hope LV take him, regardless of anything else).

9 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

Tanev for the 3rd OA and the 39th OA

or

Tanev and the 33rd OA, for the 3rd OA , the 39th OA, and a very good prospect.

or

Tanev, the 33rd OA, and the CBJ 2nd (55th OA), for the 3rd OA and the 29th OA, a good prospect and one of their cap dump goalies.

regards,  G.

In this draft, and Dallas's time line, it works for Dallas..............I would accept any of the 3 proposals.............well done! I actually like the last one the best, but it would probably be the first...less complicated

1 hour ago, Kungfudru said:

How about Tanev and our 5th overall for Sam  Reinhart and the 8th overall.  Does that sound fair?  

Would sound fair to both Buffalo and us. 

But I still hate to include the 5th overall in that deal. Tanev for 8th overall and Kane, perhaps? Or what about Nylander + 8th overall for Tanev and a B level prospect. 

2 hours ago, Kungfudru said:

How about Tanev and our 5th overall for Sam  Reinhart and the 8th overall.  Does that sound fair?  

That would be amazing for us but I think Buffalo would want to unload more salary and get another prospect back to offset the loss of Reinhart (if they're even willing to trade him). How about Tanev, Virtanen, 5th OA for Kane, Reinhart, 8th OA. That solves our problems up front and then we can draft a defenseman at 8th OA. 

20 hours ago, Warhippy said:

As per Matheson out if Edmonton 

Dallas really wants Tanev and Dallas and Vancouver are talking

But Matheson is claiming it HAS to be Tanev and the 5th to move up to 3rd...

Calm down Edmontonian calm down.

Tanev alone is worth a lot more than just the difference between Vilardi and Glass, and JB knows it. Dallas would have to throw in a young player as well to even that up.

Honka? Brett Ritchie? Lindell? Faksa? I'd take any of those guys plus the 3rd overall for 5th overall + Tanev (plus maybe we throw in a late 4th round pick).

Obviously Dallas are interested in Tanev, but what about Sbisa + 5th overall for 3rd overall? I'd really want another player or prospect back if we dealt a top-4 defenceman away only to upgrade a Glass/Mittelstatd to Vilardi, but at least Sbisa is a bit lower in value than Tanev so we don't lose as much.

41 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Obviously Dallas are interested in Tanev, but what about Sbisa + 5th overall for 3rd overall? I'd really want another player or prospect back if we dealt a top-4 defenceman away only to upgrade a Glass/Mittelstatd to Vilardi, but at least Sbisa is a bit lower in value than Tanev so we don't lose as much.

A slight understatement.

42 minutes ago, Provost said:

After teasing us by using the word rebuild, we probably going to be disappointed by no more  significant moves.

Agreed.  JB's further actions need to show REBUILD and not the (obviously) foolish retool.  If Tanev isn't traded, and we sign Miller again...:wacko:

Dallas set Benning up on the Hamhuis deal which could influence how a trade for 3OA goes down. I doubt Dallas wants to lose Hammer but they are faced with the ED as well. Prefer 3OA + a CAP tender in exchange for Tanev. Throw in #55 if absolutely necessary.

16 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Dallas set Benning up on the Hamhuis deal which could influence how a trade for 3OA goes down. I doubt Dallas wants to lose Hammer but they are faced with the ED as well. Prefer 3OA + a CAP tender in exchange for Tanev. Throw in #55 if absolutely necessary.

as long as the 5th is retained, I'd be ok(ish) with including the 55th OA with tanev, though I think it is slight overpayment

Kinda thinking outside the box, instead of pursuing Philly's 2nd overall pick, how about targeting a young forward like Travis Konecny?

Tanev for Konecny and a mid round pick?   I'm thinking more and more if we do trade Tanev, its going to be for a expansion draft exempt player if we do a deal before saturday's trade freeze.  I guess it doesn't matter as much after the expansion draft.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Kinda thinking outside the box, instead of pursuing Philly's 2nd overall pick, how about targeting a young forward like Travis Konecny?

Tanev for Konecny and a mid round pick?   I'm thinking more and more if we do trade Tanev, its going to be for a expansion draft exempt player if we do a deal before saturday's trade freeze.  I guess it doesn't matter as much after the expansion draft.

Not sure if it would answer our top-6 center role, but Konecny would be a nice middle-6 center if we were to lose Sutter.

Sutter + 5th overall + Tanev for 2nd overall + Konecny?

Maybe after the ED? Canucks snag Hirschier or Nolan and suddenly we have the best young, future center depth apart from the Oilers. Hirschier > Horvat > Konecny > Gaudette > Gaunce

7 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

If we could get Konecny and a 2nd for Tanev I'd do it in a heart beat.  Question is, why would Philly do it? 

23 hours ago, Boudrias said:

?? The rumor I remember hearing (and believe) was that we had a deal ready to go and the Aqs stepped in at the 11th hour and nixed the deal as they thought Gaglardi's team should pay a premium for Hammer 

4 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

?? The rumor I remember hearing (and believe) was that we had a deal ready to go and the Aqs stepped in at the 11th hour and nixed the deal as they thought Gaglardi's team should pay a premium for Hammer 

Don't believe that BS.  Those 1040 idiots made that up.  

Archived