The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour)...Galchenyuk on the trade block?

Bergevin sent packing...

Weber & Gallagher to Edmonchuk, for Nurse, Larsson, RNH, Poolparty, Pouliot & cond'l pick.

Price & avg prospect to Anaheim for a Theodore, Gibson & Siverberg pkg.

Galchenyuk to CBJ or Nashville for 2 great young pieces. Pacc to SJ, netting a similar return.

The big trend is going young. Subban deal was a disaster..Mtl should scorch the earth, & start over.

10 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Possibly, although I'm not sure he's an upgrade beyond being a centre.  Galchenyuk certainly has more of a scoring touch and is a lot bigger.  Personally I'll be angry if they move out Galchenyuk. Montreal never comes out on top on big trades.  They lost the Roy trade, The Gomez/McDonough trade, the Subban/Weber trade

Roy was the reason they won their last cup. I think they will take that over trading him.

4 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Roy was the reason they won their last cup. I think they will take that over trading him.

One has nothing to do with the other. They traded Roy and thier captain away ( Keane) fir a bunch of Colorado crap 

Can't see mtl trading him but if they did it would enrage an already rattled fan base

it would be wise to keep him mark. For the sake of your job. 

Mtl needs to be bold this off season. Probably one of the most since they are in a supposed "win now" mode. 

3 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Elliott Friedman believes that Montreal Canadiens centre Alex Galchenyuk will be traded this off season..

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/friedman-wonders-senators-will-get-back-duchene-sweepstakes/

Word is they will package Galchenyuk, Weber and their first round pick to Nashville for Subban - plus retain some of Weber's contract.  

5 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Been wondering if Mtl should burn it down? Always seem to be missing a couple pieces. Could be $$$ troubles soon.

Trading PK was the start of the fire.

6 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

If the Isles cannot get Tavares under an extension, I could see the Habs dangling Galchenyuk + more to nab John Tavares.

The Habs need a number one centre...using Chucky to move up and get one is smart.

Agreed. Main target is definitely Tavares. If not, I can see them falling back on for Duchene and more

24 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

is he worthy of tanev

A team starved for offence isn't going to trade one of their top scorers for an offensive black hole like Tanev.  Tanev is great. But he is the exact opposite of what they would move him for 

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

A team starved for offence isn't going to trade one of their top scorers for an offensive black hole like Tanev.  Tanev is great. But he is the exact opposite of what they would move him for 

I can see tanev in a Canadian jersey.  makes the most sense too me. next up would be rangers. ;)

Archived