The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour)...Galchenyuk on the trade block?

This makes no sense as they lost because they couldn't score in the playoffs this year essentially - now Fried is claiming they're getting rid of one of their best scorers who's a 30g, 50-60pt, 22 year old not even close to his prime?  

1 minute ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Well heck, if they want to get rid of him.... Tanev + Baertschi and our 2nd rd pick?

They are looking for a C1 and on D it would be a LD.  They already have Petry and Weber on RD.

Just now, PunjabiCanucks said:

Solves our C problem, allowing us to take Makar or Heinskenen at 5, assuming Vilardi is taken at top 4.

He can't play C.  Listen to the end of season presser of Bergevin and Julien.

I wonder if 1040 will troll Benning and ask him to comment specifically about this? Not sure how much leverage MTL is going to have in a deal with his RFA status... for a 1C they are going to have to give up a lot more. 

Possibly, although I'm not sure he's an upgrade beyond being a centre.  Galchenyuk certainly has more of a scoring touch and is a lot bigger.  Personally I'll be angry if they move out Galchenyuk. Montreal never comes out on top on big trades.  They lost the Roy trade, The Gomez/McDonough trade, the Subban/Weber trade

Archived