The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour)...Galchenyuk on the trade block?

24 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Canuck's dont have the necessary pieces to pull a deal like this unless we are willing to empty the bank or give away a key piece.  At the state of our franchise, we don't have that luxury as of now.

People keep saying we don't have the pieces to make these trades. Of course we do, it's just a matter of whether Benning can swing a deal or not.

Do you really think Montreal is so deep on D that they could afford to trade a bluechip D-man? No they weren't, but they did it anyways in order to get a stud center.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

People keep saying we don't have the pieces to make these trades. Of course we do, it's just a matter of whether Benning can swing a deal or not.

Do you really think Montreal is so deep on D that they could afford to trade a bluechip D-man? No they weren't, but they did it anyways in order to get a stud center.

They still have Juulsen in the minors and Victor Mete had a fantastic year in the minors. But your point is well taken.  Sometimes you have to willing to pay the price fir a player you want or need 

10 hours ago, tas said:

I'd like to see a deal based around galchenyuk and mackinnon. 

Thought about it this AM and agree as much as we'd love to move Tanev for him, the fit is just not aligned with mtl's "immediate" needs. So here's a deal, albeit harder given a three way, which to me makes a HELL of alot of sense for each team.

Issue Mtl has is 1C , offense, and they are also win now. With the Drouin move, they close an offensive hole then open it right up again by moving Gally - so on a net basis you're no better offensively, which is their MAJOR issue. 

Like you I thought Colorado may be their best partner as its going to be hard to find a 1c in return for a guy MTL says is not good enough to play 1C lol. But Mckinnon in my view goes no where, too valuable and a much better player, and the face of their franchise, but they do have a center rumoured to be moving for a while!

But Colorado needs defense not a center. They have a black hole on their back end.

Who needs a future 1c? Vancouver? What does Vancouver have? Chris Tanev!

Duchesnse to MTL

Tanev to Col 

Galchenyuk to Van

For Mtl:

1. Addresses win now

2. Provides offense

3. Can play 1c 

For Col - Tanev

1. Improves a mess of a D group fills a huge void

2. Still Young and fits the team style well

For US;

1. Found a future 1c

2. Can play sheltered 3c right now to fix his deficiencies, has chemistry with Goldobin and Boucher from Junior

3. Will learn a great deal from the Twins, Sutter, etc.

Throw in some picks to offset contract/age issues but makes sense for all three teams, hard part is its a 3 way deal so never easy.

1 hour ago, PassittoBoeser said:

Thought about it this AM and agree as much as we'd love to move Tanev for him, the fit is just not aligned with mtl's "immediate" needs. So here's a deal, albeit harder given a three way, which to me makes a HELL of alot of sense for each team.

Issue Mtl has is 1C , offense, and they are also win now. With the Drouin move, they close an offensive hole then open it right up again by moving Gally - so on a net basis you're no better offensively, which is their MAJOR issue. 

Like you I thought Colorado may be their best partner as its going to be hard to find a 1c in return for a guy MTL says is not good enough to play 1C lol. But Mckinnon in my view goes no where, too valuable and a much better player, and the face of their franchise, but they do have a center rumoured to be moving for a while!

But Colorado needs defense not a center. They have a black hole on their back end.

Who needs a future 1c? Vancouver? What does Vancouver have? Chris Tanev!

Duchesnse to MTL

Tanev to Col 

Galchenyuk to Van

For Mtl:

1. Addresses win now

2. Provides offense

3. Can play 1c 

For Col - Tanev

1. Improves a mess of a D group fills a huge void

2. Still Young and fits the team style well

For US;

1. Found a future 1c

2. Can play sheltered 3c right now to fix his deficiencies, has chemistry with Goldobin and Boucher from Junior

Throw in some picks to offset contract/age issues but makes sense for all three teams, hard part is its a 3 way deal so never easy.

Colorado's top 4 RHD are set with barrie and johnson, so try hutton and a pick 

They need a young, top-4 LHD. Someone who can play with Weber.

This may sound crazy, but what about Nashville - for Roman Josi? Nashville needs another top-6 forward who can drive offense (once Johansen went down they were screwed). And Josi's defensive struggles have been quite clear since Weber left the Preds - but they play fantastically together.

That's my proposal: Alex Galchenyuk + Nathan Beaulieu for Roman Josi.

4 hours ago, PassittoBoeser said:

For US;

1. Found a future 1c

Highly risky and speculative, especially considering how much he's going to sign for shortly.  42% FO last year and 45% career, played 3rd line wing in the playoffs.  Need better for a solid proven guy like Tanev, perhaps our best trade asset.  Montreal needs to give up a good chunk more considering what they're getting.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Highly risky and speculative, especially considering how much he's going to sign for shortly.  42% FO last year and 45% career, played 3rd line wing in the playoffs.  Need better for a solid proven guy like Tanev, perhaps our best trade asset.  Montreal needs to give up a good chunk more considering what they're getting.

Faceoffs are improvable and correctable and we have one of the best faceoff men in NHL history coaching our guys

Sure he was on the wing but he was also rushed. Play him at 3c and groom him properly, take the pressure off. He's the highest scoring player from his draft year, is a center, big, offensive and can skate. His issues are correctable but he may be in the wrong situation in Mtl. But that potential at 22 does not grow on trees. Tanev 1-1 is very fair and we might even have to add if it was straight across but....see below

I dont think you get more than Gally for Tanev  (and I suggested a 3 way deal either in that thread or another) - Mtl/Col/Van - 

Col Gets Tanev

Mtl Gets Duchense

We get Gally

Montreal apparently were in deep trade talks with the Wild for Brodin or Scandella in exchange of Galchenyuk.  Russo just confirmed that the Wild did not pull the trigger because they don't have a protection spot at F for Galchenyuk.  They will continue to try and reach an agreement with Vegas.

Without an agreement Vegas can now select a D from the Wild and possibly get Galchenyuk in return. 

D: Suter, Spurgeon + only one of Dumba, Brodin or Scandella

On 2017-6-15 at 7:36 PM, tas said:

I'd like to see a deal based around galchenyuk and mackinnon. 

I read a good article on this very trade proposal. It showed how their numbers are very similar and in some cases Gally's are better. That being said they admitted Montreal would have to add as MacKinnon has more name recognition.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.habseyesontheprize.com/platform/amp/analysis/2017/6/16/15815472/alex-galchenyuk-nathan-mackinnon-jonathan-drouin-trade-rumours-analysis-canadiens-avalanche

Screen_Shot_2017_06_16_at_12.16.12_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_06_16_at_12.16.24_AM.png

29 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I read a good article on this very trade proposal. It showed how their numbers are very similar and in some cases Gally's are better. That being said they admitted Montreal would have to add as MacKinnon has more name recognition.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.habseyesontheprize.com/platform/amp/analysis/2017/6/16/15815472/alex-galchenyuk-nathan-mackinnon-jonathan-drouin-trade-rumours-analysis-canadiens-avalanche

Galchenyuk has Cary Price to back him up. Enough said.

38 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Would the Avs even consider this trade?  On the surface it seems really one sided, but seeing these underlying stats it looks even.  These fancy stats can be misleading.  Is that the circumstance here?

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would the Avs even consider this trade?  On the surface it seems really one sided, but seeing these underlying stats it looks even.  These fancy stats can be misleading.  Is that the circumstance here?

I think Montreal would prefer this trade far more than Colarado. I just came across this article and found it very interesting.

Archived