The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

So close now. Can't. Wait.

Sounds like EP put on some weight this summer - would've been nice if Jory said how much exactly. Anyone know? 

A few pages back setyoureyesontheprize claimed he saw Pettersson who told him he was up to 185. He didn’t give any more detail when pressed for further info however.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nzan said:

A few pages back setyoureyesontheprize claimed he saw Pettersson who told him he was up to 185. He didn’t give any more detail when pressed for further info however.

Cheers for this info (I don't tend to go back pages in prospect threads, as there tends to be talk about other topics and not about the actual prospect, so I appreciate you).

I hope this is true. 185 of lean muscle would be amazing. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TGT68 said:

Burr's # won't be retired though.  And a year has passed now so maybe they will convince him it's okay to take it.  Especially with his second choice being Gadj's number.  

It is about the next generation now.  

I agree the #14 jersey should not be retired..There should only be Bure #10, Linden #16, Smyl #12 and wayne Maki #11 that was worn by Messier for short time...Naslund #19..

Let the next super star wear #14 jersey..Better decide soon as fans will want to start buying this Pettersson jersey.. Looks Good!!!!!

Pettersson

Edited by wildcam

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I was hoping he would make it too 175 LBs. by training camp....he is now 172 Lbs., or 7 LBs more than when he was drafted.

EP will win the Calder at 178 Lbs....as a player that just turned 20 a few months before winning it.

ETP...forever...! ....or until his home planet comes for him....!

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:20 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, 3rdGenCanuck said:

I think he said he is around 77... Meaning 77 kilograms. This would put him at 170 pounds which is more in line with what we have been hearing

Kinda looks like you we're hearing wrong.

Sounds like he meant 177 Lbs if that is the case its show time. And I am excited that we the fans are not putting anymore pressure on him than he himself would put on himself. Elias is used to being that player and will not settle until he is.

9 hours ago, cory40 said:

Kinda looks like you we're hearing wrong.

Sounds like he meant 177 Lbs if that is the case its show time. And I am excited that we the fans are not putting anymore pressure on him than he himself would put on himself. Elias is used to being that player and will not settle until he is.

He said 77 (meaning kilos), TSN got it wrong on the tweets. That's fine though. Putting on 5-10 lbs in 4 months is totally doable. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Most numbers aren't special until players make them special.

And I think Hall of Famers Housley and Zetterberg would disagree about those being "ugly numbers".

This is truth, when Boeser chose 6 I was like why that looks horrible... now I think it's so sick and am getting a jersey for this season.

player makes a number 100%!! 

15 hours ago, wildcam said:

I agree the #14 jersey should not be retired..There should only be Bure #10, Linden #16, Smyl #12 and wayne Maki #11 that was worn by Messier for short time...Naslund #19..

Let the next super star wear #14 jersey..Better decide soon as fans will want to start buying this Pettersson jersey.. Looks Good!!!!!

Pettersson

Burrows should be retired..........I can't think of a player who scored more big goals for this org than Burr

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

Burrows should be retired..........I can't think of a player who scored more big goals for this org than Burr

Someone else suggested 14 which when retired for EP upcoming career, could represent 2 great players for Canucks 

6 hours ago, danny.canuck said:

He said 77 (meaning kilos), TSN got it wrong on the tweets. That's fine though. Putting on 5-10 lbs in 4 months is totally doable. 

I believe it was actually later clarified in a seperate interview that he did indeed mean 177lbs. I forget where it was exactly. I think SN. Maybe someone can fact check this if they remember better than i do.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Yung1 said:

I believe it was actually later clarified in a seperate interview that he did indeed mean 177lbs. I forget where it was exactly. I think SN. Maybe someone can fact check this if they remember better than i do.

@danny.canuck @Yung1 its correct he said 177lbs. Ben Kuzma also tweeted a couple hours ago saying he was 177 in May.  So hes coming in over 180 which is great to hear. Probably will peak around 195 in a couple years. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I've never seen so much attention given to a player's weight before. It's weird.

I blame the media (of course). They would love to turn his weight into some sort of story, to make Canucks fans squirm with concern that our elite young superstar might struggle because of it. The media would love that and I hate them for it. He's just a kid, who happens to be awesome at the hockey. We should be celebrating his arrival, some blue skies ahead, lots to get excited about. His weight is not an issue. If he was slow like Lucic, then I could see a story.    

• Upvote 1