The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How about the Selke, or is that Bo’s realm?  

They were talking about the Selke the other day on some radio program and nobody even mentioned Bo.

I guess they only take into account his first line minutes and don’t pay attention to the fact that he’s also been our best 3rd and 4th line centre

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Sure, but that by default means he is a better guy offensively than defensively if he finds all the time on the 1st PP and 0 time in the 2nd PK, even on games he plays 13-14 minutes. 

He is good defensively, far cry from being a phenom defensively. Seems like over-hyping our own guys  goes hand in glove with you trolling opposition generational talents.

Its not over hyping! Its what he is doing! He gets most of his points 5 on 5! And most of his assists are primary. By the ratings of what he is doing he is hyping himself! We watched McDavid and we watched Matthews, Neither have made the charts in there first 30 games with Lindros and other starts! And As good as McDavid is becoming, wait till Elias gets going! finds his bearings. He is still learning the north American game! Kind of scary to think in a redraft he would be the lottery player!

23 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I confess i’m not very online savvy and don’t know the overall meaning of what a “troll” is, but Alf does NOT fit the description of a troll from what i’ve seen from other posters calling trolls out on here. He does not deserve to be called one...Respect your fellow Canucks fans please!

Everyone on here has one thing in common, we love our Nucks and we all love this team equally, and we are entitled to show it our own ways... We don’t have to agree with each other but let’s save calling the trolls out for the ones who deserve it.

...Plus don’t they say love is blind? 

Troll or village idioit either one works for me.  Alf has called many other trolls over and over so Seems fitting that the guy with 34k post in three years. Over 25+ per day finally gets called out for his absolute non sense. Also fitting that the 18 year old rookie D puts up a 3 point game today too.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Troll or village idioit either one works for me.  Alf has called many other trolls over and over so Seems fitting that the guy with 34k post in three years. Over 25+ per day finally gets called out for his absolute non sense. Also fitting that the 18 year old rookie D puts up a 3 point game today too.  

Alf is definitely a troll. Used to annoy the crap out of me reading his/her/zhirs posts but after a while you just get over it and realize that this is an adult pretending to be a furry alien from the 80s. Alf goes over the top with everything 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Lol, ok you make good points. I haven’t seen all his posts, but the ones I do read aren’t troll level. Village idiot is funny tho. Every village has one, or two, or three haha. Tough job but someone’s gotta do it! I quite enjoy his posts, he genuinely loves this team. I’m a homer for this team myself so I can see where he’s coming from. Most days my rose coloured glasses are on full tilt. But I try to keep myself in check.

I respect your opinion on here as well, you give a lot of great info. No matter what our frustrations are with each other we’re all in the same village together, so I just don’t like to see us hacking each other apart online. The only ones I have no taste for are are the negative nay sayers who have nothing positive to say at all. I don’t do well with the doom and gloom stuff. Anyways gonna go back  to watching the game again. Cheers

Oh and to your last point, I do agree Dahlen is one hell of a dman. Been very impressed with him this year...but I mean how could you not be! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/14/2018 at 5:24 PM, cory40 said:

Just saying: He is the only modern day player on a list with his points in the first 28 games played! With the likes of Mario Joe Sakic and Lindros! And if you said he would be learning a new position playing on a smaller ice surface. Elias will be the points leader in the NHL very soon. McDavid has 10 points in his last 5 games and Elias has 11.Thats the current year! Wait until Elias gets a little stronger. Elias has been lights out as a rookie. And what has NHL scouts drooling is everything Elias touches is a primary point. His primary point total is a mile ahead of any prospect or rookie for the last decade.  A quick question for you! Do you think Elias will finish higher than 1.18?  I bet a minimum of 1.3 by years end! Considering he has found a new gear and looks comfortable as a number 1 or 2 center based on the defensive pairings he is drawing!

Hard to say if he can improve upon his current pace, I think a point per game is realistic but he has done nothing but exceed expectations since being drafted. 

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Hard to say if he can improve upon his current pace, I think a point per game is realistic but he has done nothing but exceed expectations since being drafted. 

Pettersson's dad is not a skinny little dude. There is a possibility EP puts on 25 pounds over the next 3-4 years. If he does that and is still able to remain shifty things could get even better for himself. I love this kid and am thrilled we get to watch him for the next decade!!

• Like 1

Watched Elias on After Hours with Scott Oake. Oake makes me cringe at times, his interviews can turn out so awkward, his stupid questions.  Like, asking Elias to give him the Swedish Death Stare on que? lol Awkward. What I found funny too was when Elias was talking about his unicycling and juggling, except with the accent he called it "yuggling" lol Anyway, it was a good, interesting interview and Elias said all of the right things.   

• Upvote 2

On 12/14/2018 at 10:57 PM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Dahlin is developing into being a franchise D.  The kid is unreal, just remember he's only 18.  

Only if we got lucky last draft. We could've had Dahlin and EP to watch for the next 20 years.

Well, I guess we still got Hughes, who should be able to do all those things that Dahlin does with the puck.

Edited by khay
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, khay said:

Only if we got lucky last draft. We could've had Dahlin and EP to watch for the next 20 years.

Well, I guess we still got Hughes, who should be able to do all those things that Dahlin does with the puck.

Is this thread about Pettersson or is it about Dahlin?

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, khay said:

To be fair, isn’t everyone looking like that when they play LA this year? But, man I wish we had him on our team! I am looking forward to the next team Sweden for them to play together for sure.