The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

On 9/9/2019 at 11:39 AM, UticaHockey said:

People forget that Cull's use of veterans in Utica mirrors what Green did. And it also mirrors what almost every coach in the AHL does.

The main difference I've seen from Cull and Green is the level of communication with players. Even if youngsters weren't playing they knew why and what they needed to improve to get more minutes. Cull does not come off as a very approachable guy. 

Let's not forget that these guys are pretty young and some develop faster than others,don't start writing off guys in their first few years.I'm hoping for good things for Utica this year and more development and for some members to be called up to the "show"(NHL).

We could use a few guys to get going on both sides Utica as well as the Canucks.Always love to see people get a chance to shine in their professions.

Edited by DADDYROCK
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Smyl was interviewed over the weekend (Global?), talking about camp and some of the prospects, and he kept mentioning this Lind Kole kid. lol  Shouldn't he know his name by now?

The same guy who welcomed the newest prospect as "Podsloven". Smyl's a legend but he sucks with names obviously.

• Cheers 2

On 8/30/2019 at 9:31 AM, Fanuck said:

I'm not worried about competition amongst Utica's own roster.

The AHL is a developmental league - that's why the Canucks have Utica in their organization.   Young kids like Lind aren't going to be benched because of cast-offs like LE or Schaller or whoever else gets waived and sent down.  

JB and Green know that the only way kids like Lind and Gajo develop is if they play regularly in all situations. 

They did not know that last year as Lind and Gadjovich struggled to get ice time - local ownership was much more invested in winning now than in development.  The Canucks could control that situation by owning a farm team in Abbotsford that would most likely be a money maker. People from the area have a big investment in seeing the youngsters develop because then they get to see how those kids make out with the Canucks - and it matters to them.  People in Utica, I imagine for the most part, could care less about the Canucks - though in fairness to them we have not given them a lot to work with - particularly last year.  Lind and Gadjovich really weren't ready for the AHL, a year in the ECHL would have been beneficial to them.  And Lind got hurt early and struggled to get healthy and catch up his conditioning.  Gadjovich had been able to play on his sized in junior at 6'2 203, he was a big guy - in the AHL... not so much.  There are a lot of big guys in the AHL that are well trained, conditioned MEN... not boys. Love to see how Gadj makes out this year - if he has improved his strength and his skating.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ray_Cathode said:

They did not know that last year as Lind and Gadjovich struggled to get ice time - local ownership was much more invested in winning now than in development.  The Canucks could control that situation by owning a farm team in Abbotsford that would most likely be a money maker. People from the area have a big investment in seeing the youngsters develop because then they get to see how those kids make out with the Canucks - and it matters to them.  People in Utica, I imagine for the most part, could care less about the Canucks - though in fairness to them we have not given them a lot to work with - particularly last year.  Lind and Gadjovich really weren't ready for the AHL, a year in the ECHL would have been beneficial to them.  And Lind got hurt early and struggled to get healthy and catch up his conditioning.  Gadjovich had been able to play on his sized in junior at 6'2 203, he was a big guy - in the AHL... not so much.  There are a lot of big guys in the AHL that are well trained, conditioned MEN... not boys. Love to see how Gadj makes out this year - if he has improved his strength and his skating.

Vancouver has done a good thing in Utica.  While having the farm team down the road would be a big hit, would the flames swap franchises.  

• Upvote 1

The Flames have not been in Abby for two years now - the Canucks are completely free to move their farm team there subject to an agreement with the community.  I'm sure the community, and many of the neighboring communities - Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Langley, Aldergrove, etc. would be excited to see it happen - you are looking at a population amongst those communities of about 450 thousand.  If they can also draw from Surrey - then add another half million or so - more than a million people from Surrey to Chilliwack and Mission.  The Abby rink holds about 7000 - big for an AHL rink - when the Flames were there they drew short of three, but sold to the rafters when the Comets visited.  With the kind of talent that Benning has stocked in the past few years, there could be a heck of a lot of future Canuck talent developing close to home helping to re-inforce the Canucks franchise.

When you look at the likely/possible Canucks' prospect list for next (2020-21) year, it could be very interesting:
MacEwen, Jasek, Lind, Gadjovich, Sautner, Brisebois, DiPietro, Juolevi, Woo, Rathbone, Rafferty, Eliot, Lockwood, Madden, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Karlsson, Focht, Keppen, Utunen, Costmar, Silovs, etc. - 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

The Flames have not been in Abby for two years now - the Canucks are completely free to move their farm team there subject to an agreement with the community.  I'm sure the community, and many of the neighboring communities - Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Langley, Aldergrove, etc. would be excited to see it happen - you are looking at a population amongst those communities of about 450 thousand.  If they can also draw from Surrey - then add another half million or so - more than a million people from Surrey to Chilliwack and Mission.  The Abby rink holds about 7000 - big for an AHL rink - when the Flames were there they drew short of three, but sold to the rafters when the Comets visited.  With the kind of talent that Benning has stocked in the past few years, there could be a heck of a lot of future Canuck talent developing close to home helping to re-inforce the Canucks franchise.

When you look at the likely/possible Canucks' prospect list for next (2020-21) year, it could be very interesting:
MacEwen, Jasek, Lind, Gadjovich, Sautner, Brisebois, DiPietro, Juolevi, Woo, Rathbone, Rafferty, Eliot, Lockwood, Madden, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Karlsson, Focht, Keppen, Utunen, Costmar, Silovs, etc. - 

Those are all great locations to move the farm squad. But selfishly I think an AHL franchise would look good in Victoria. We have a respectably large fan base on the Island, lots of fans would go to those games. Plus I think the island would add a needed buffer for prospect development. I think in any greater Vancouver area they could get over whelmed by our rabid media. Anyways, one can wish.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Those are all great locations to move the farm squad. But selfishly I think an AHL franchise would look good in Victoria. We have a respectably large fan base on the Island, lots of fans would go to those games. Plus I think the island would add a needed buffer for prospect development. I think in any greater Vancouver area they could get over whelmed by our rabid media. Anyways, one can wish.

4 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Yep, I live in Abby, my motives are largely selfish, so I understand entirely why you’d choose Victoria.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Yeah I don't see the Royals leaving unless they share the rink along with all the concerts. That would cut down on public skates tho not sure if that would be allowed.

Kole Lind is very young. Born in 1998. I thought he looked good out there. Good speed, skill and smarts. We will see him in the NHL once our young core signs long term and we need inexpensive complimentary players. I expect a marked improvement in the AHL this year, especially in the second half.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Yeah I don't see the Royals leaving unless they share the rink along with all the concerts. That would cut down on public skates tho not sure if that would be allowed.

Can't see the Royals sharing with an AHL team.  I was REALLY disappointed they didn't move the AHL team to Victoria when the arena was built (or to somewhere in the lower mainland).  Would have made sense I thought.