The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

28 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

what a high scoring game wow... Surprised Kelowna is down 2-0. If Lind gets bounced early on in these playoffs is he allowed to go and join Utica to finish of their season?

Yes, the Canucks signed him a few weeks ago and after his season is over he can head down there.

• Upvote 1

I really feel Lind will be playing for Utica very soon...I predict Tri City will win series in 5 games..

Tri City will beat winner out of Victoria and Vancouver also..

So much young talent on Tri City..

Excited to see Kole Lind in a Utica uniform very soon and get pro experience..

54 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I really feel Lind will be playing for Utica very soon...I predict Tri City will win series in 5 games..

Tri City will beat winner out of Victoria and Vancouver also..

So much young talent on Tri City..

Excited to see Kole Lind in a Utica uniform very soon and get pro experience..

Utica could really use him as the Vancouver Comets have plucked nearly every talented player off the Utica roster this year.

16 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Utica could really use him as the Vancouver Comets have plucked nearly every talented player off the Utica roster this year.

And Utica has needed a number 1 center all year.  Then again I thought i was still in the Gaudette thread.  lol  

Edited by TGT68
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

To be fair, there ain’t much talent on the Canucks to hold back any talent on the Comets. 

For guys like Goldy, this is his audition and prep for next season. Its worth it if Goldy can make the jump next season. 

Demko can also use the adversity and next season the Comets will be in much better situation talent wise. 

Edited by Eastcoast meets Westcoast

On 2018-02-10 at 11:12 AM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Green was opposed to BB even getting into the lineup at the start of the season but BB forced his way up the lineup in no time at all...

With Green's history of how he made the NHL I think he may be just a bit reticent to play rookies up the lineup but he still has eyes in his head ( except where Gagner is concerned for some reason) so if EP does what Brock did....score a point pretty much every game...I can't see Green keeping  him in the AHL or the 4th line (unless we call the Sedin line the 4th line next year).

Green has stated in an interview that it was Brock who mentioned he was tired after the preseason and needed a break. (Edit: whoa, didn't realise how far back I was reading lol)

Edited by The Lock

21 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

How does Dube look, and how's he projecting?  Didn't look like he got on the scoreboard despite the 7 goals.

I didn't think Dube was very good at all. Took some unnecessary penalties and wasn't very good in ho own zone. 

I watch Kelowna every game and kind of try to see how Dube and Lind project comparison wise as they were both second rounders and drafted within in the same division. I think Vancouver got the much better player then Calgary got. Dube actually reminds me a bit of Virtanen. They both liked to rush the puck up the ice and really were able to outmatch junior guys. The problem is it doesn't transfer over as well to the pro game. Kole is more of a complete player as you have to respect him as a playmaker and a shooter. Lind reminds me of a Jamie Benn or a bit of Filip Forsberg. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

I like how Kole projects as a good power play forward that can play the half board. Generally a good power play is unpredictable and with guys like Boeser, Petterson and Lind we can make it hard to defend with equal playmaking and shooting ability. Add in a net presence with Gadjovic and maybe some how we can manage to draft Rasmus Dahlin we would have all the ingredients. 

26 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

Dube actually reminds me a bit of Virtanen. 

Wow, Calgary has a stud on their hands.   Fast, hits hard and will find his game after some pro seasoning.   One of the first very positive things said on Dube recently.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Wow, Calgary has a stud on their hands.   Fast, hits hard and will find his game after some pro seasoning.   One of the first very positive things said on Dube recently.  

I am not sure where a comparison with Virtanen comes.  He is a smallish center who doesn't shy away from contact but is not a hard hitting guy.  He seems like a really good all around player like a Bergeron or somebody.  Nothing like Virtanen.

37 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I am not sure where a comparison with Virtanen comes.  He is a smallish center who doesn't shy away from contact but is not a hard hitting guy.  He seems like a really good all around player like a Bergeron or somebody.  Nothing like Virtanen.

I never said they were entirely comparable but the way they rush the puck up the ice is very similar. Within the junior level it's to take advantage of weaker players especially if your a good skater. They both have potential but it will take time. 

11 hours ago, The Lock said:

Green has stated in an interview that it was Brock who mentioned he was tired after the preseason and needed a break. (Edit: whoa, didn't realise how far back I was reading lol)

That would seem right as I thought he actually looked a bit sluggish in pre-season and said so at the time. Glad Green had the good sense and judgement to allow Brock the rest.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, High and Inside said:

I never said they were entirely comparable but the way they rush the puck up the ice is very similar. Within the junior level it's to take advantage of weaker players especially if your a good skater. They both have potential but it will take time. 

Maybe you mean the way that Virtanen is doing that at NHL level and perhaps Dube could potentially get there too?

15 hours ago, The Lock said:

...Ya you are dredging up old stuff...I never heard or read about that interview...I do remember Green saying that "he looked tired" for what that's worth.

Probably already been asked and answered but can Lind join the Comets when his season ends?

By the way Lind has a goal so far tonight but his team is in danger of going down 3-0 in the series.

Edited by DeNiro

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Probably already been asked and answered but can Lind join the Comets when his season ends?

By the way Lind has a goal so far tonight but his team is in danger of going down 3-0 in the series.

Yes he can! Be a nice boost to the Comets offence as the Canucks have called up most of it!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does that mean Gadjovic, if his team loses, could go to Utica too?  

Yeah him too! Both are 20 before the next season starts so both could be starting for Utica next season. It’d be good to get their feet wet in some AHL action this year. Can’t see Utica turning down help from either guy.

• Upvote 1