The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

11 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, Green is riding a vet laden line up and the same issues of too much shots & depending on a stellar goaltending to win games is still affecting the team.  Since the pretend playoff run is over, (just like Ottawa) it would be nice if Green would play/showcase the rookies in preparation for next year but he won't do it and I understand (being the lame duck coach he is and he has no one to blame - imo).

Sounds like Covid might have something to say about this...

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, the new Covid economy with a flat cap has put alot on hold but the Staff can still choose to play those rookies..

No... I'm talking about 2/3 of the team (and counting) testing positive and how that's likely to necessitate playing some Utica kids upon resumption of play, simply to ice a roster.

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

No... I'm talking about 2/3 of the team (and counting) testing positive and how that's likely to necessitate playing some Utica kids upon resumption of play, simply to ice a roster.

I was not thinking of the positive cases at all when I made my comment.  If the cases continues to increase within the team, then the chances of games being played at this point is slim - imo.  If they are allowed to play, then they will still have to field a roster and I wonder who gets in ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

Sounds like Covid might have something to say about this...

Not really, when players like Brisebois, Sautner, Rafferty, and Rathbone were on the taxi squad and were unused. He used the forwards because he had to - there were not enough healthy bodies. But as soon as JB got the chance, he replaced them with waiver wire players, rather than continue to develop our own, such as MacEwen, DiPietro, Michaelis, and Hawrilyuk.

Gadj is on fire. Hope he continues this! The biggest upset with the Pearson deal for me isn't the money, its the roster spot blocking guys like Gadj and Mcdonough. Motte is a perfect 4th liner and I don't think he's taking JT or Hoglanders spots on the left side

9 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Gadj is on fire. Hope he continues this! The biggest upset with the Pearson deal for me isn't the money, its the roster spot blocking guys like Gadj and Mcdonough. Motte is a perfect 4th liner and I don't think he's taking JT or Hoglanders spots on the left side

Motte has so much speed and energy he should be on 3rd line..Playing on 4th line and PK GP -20 -- G 6...

If playing with a talented centre maybe 18 -20 goals..

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2