The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I study ant colonies as a hobby..wish they could get the F***in' camera back even more!

So, last year when Rathbone was sent to Abbotsford, I said he needed to learn to keep his head up in his own zone or someone's going to really hurt him.

He needs to be far more aware of the entire ice when he's out there or he's not going to make it in the NHL no matter how well he can skate

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, last year when Rathbone was sent to Abbotsford, I said he needed to learn to keep his head up in his own zone or someone's going to really hurt him.

He needs to be far more aware of the entire ice when he's out there or he's not going to make it in the NHL no matter how well he can skate

Absolutely a D-man needs head on a swivel. For me it's extra sad..with Jack's family situation & his obvious character as a caring big brother, I've been pulling for him from the get-go.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wow, he's back already?  He must have not gotten a concussion then.  Tough dude...

I thought it was a lower body injury? Not sure. If Abby can have a decent Calder run then Rathbone might save his season. Hope he keeps his head up. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was listening to Donnie and Dahli out of the corner of my ear.

Dahli - I think it was - was saying he expected Jack Rathbone to be pissed very angry that it was everybody else but him getting the callup. He said if it was him he'd be screaming, "Get me outa here!"

So the thing that crossed my mind is let's say he's right...aren't we always hearing about how one of the key things that might Jake Livingstone might come here over ally the other teams that want him is his friendship with Rathbone.

Assuming the Canucks aren't lying about being in on the pursuit of Livingstone why would they intentionally make Rathbone very angry at them?

Edited by John_Guest

1 minute ago, John_Guest said:

Dahli - I think it was - was saying he expected Jack Rathbone to be pissed very angry that it was everybody else but him getting the callup. He said if it was him he'd be screaming, "Get me outa here!"

So the thing that crossed my mind is let's say he's right...aren't we always hearing about how one of the key Jake Livingstone might come here is his friendship with Rathbone.

Assuming the Canucks aren't lying about being in on the pursuit of Livingstone why would they intentionally make Rathbone very angry at them?

Bone is best buddies with McDonough too. 

4 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

So the thing that crossed my mind is let's say he's right...aren't we always hearing about how one of the key Jake Livingstone might come here is his friendship with Rathbone.

rathbone had chances under green and bruce and did not impress... he has been given multiple shots

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John_Guest said:

Hopefully these guys are mature enough to understand the business side of professional hockey.

Most players are so I doubt this is an issue.

Canucks did trade Petey's best bud afterall and Petey didn;t have an issue with it.