The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Rathbone | #3 | D

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

in two years, Utica might get Woo, Rathbone and Madden injected into their lineup.

And then how long before those three push their way onto our roster?  Woo and Rathbone play with a physical edge too.  Madden is a hockey player.  He's going to succeed at every level. 

11 hours ago, aGENT said:

Future pairing? ::D

Maybe, but as they are more developed defensively, whereas Juolevi and Hughes are more puck movers - I kind of like:

Woo. Hughes

Rathbone. Juolevi

(or is that Ratbun from Hahvud?)

But then there is the big guy - Tryamkin - interesting.

Edited by Ray_Cathode

On 1/29/2019 at 1:36 PM, Alflives said:

And then how long before those three push their way onto our roster?  Woo and Rathbone play with a physical edge too.  Madden is a hockey player.  He's going to succeed at every level. 

Imsorry but woo and Rathbone will be in the NHL within 2 years. People really have no idea how good rath is. People can argue with me all they want. I subscribe to the athletic. remember an article on rath and the hype around him. he was by some scouts a top 5 pick. He stayed in Highschool and his stock plummeted, due to the terrible league he was in. In his freshman year he is already on the top line, pk pp, is a very physical very very good skater, and one hell of a shot.

Woo has doubled his ppg this year without losing his physical edge. I see 9 games for him next year. then we will see. Asa for Rathbone he is on record if allowed by Van. even if that ends up being Utica. Madden if he has a big growth spurt I see him in Utrica next year. It is time to get our future all in our system.  Hughes going back did nothing for him. He could have had this whole year to be taught and grow with our guys instead of that mess in Michigan  He didn't put on weight, we all knew he would dominate, what a waste.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, youngguns19 said:

Hughes going back did nothing for him. He could have had this whole year to be taught and grow with our guys instead of that mess in Michigan  He didn't put on weight, we all knew he would dominate, what a waste.

As a Van fan, I'm glad QH went back. Really don't like rushing young, smaller-sized D. Furthermore, we can protect an extra D at expansion. This was the patient play, & it might also apply to JR & Woo. Can't say there(being outa' country, don't see other leagues), but I trust the team on these calls.

It's hard to wait..but at least we've got a wave of exciting ELC talent, still yet to arrive.

5 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

As a Van fan, I'm glad QH went back. Really don't like rushing young, smaller-sized D. Furthermore, we can protect an extra D at expansion. This was the patient play, & it might also apply to JR & Woo. Can't say there(being outa' country, don't see other leagues), but I trust the team on these calls.

It's hard to wait..but at least we've got a wave of exciting ELC talent, still yet to arrive.

all god points. But the reason he was sent back was to get stronger. It hasn't happened that I can see. As for protecting him depending on who you believe if he plays one game or 10 he is eligible. You can bet your but he will be with the team this year. if we make the playoffs.I would guess he ends up playing 10 if that's the rule. I also agree on not rushing our players. which is why im glad Motte Rousell and beagle are on the team. But Qis possibly in the same group as EP and Brock. those guys are good enough right away. I believe Quinn is. and I think he would have done well at times and struggled at times. But right about now he would most likely be used to the speed and all that comes with the NHL.  Cheers

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, youngguns19 said:

Imsorry but woo and Rathbone will be in the NHL within 2 years. People really have no idea how good rath is. People can argue with me all they want. I subscribe to the athletic. remember an article on rath and the hype around him. he was by some scouts a top 5 pick. He stayed in Highschool and his stock plummeted, due to the terrible league he was in. In his freshman year he is already on the top line, pk pp, is a very physical very very good skater, and one hell of a shot.

Woo has doubled his ppg this year without losing his physical edge. I see 9 games for him next year. then we will see. Asa for Rathbone he is on record if allowed by Van. even if that ends up being Utica. Madden if he has a big growth spurt I see him in Utrica next year. It is time to get our future all in our system.  Hughes going back did nothing for him. He could have had this whole year to be taught and grow with our guys instead of that mess in Michigan  He didn't put on weight, we all knew he would dominate, what a waste.

At this point, re. going pro in 2019:

Hughes - 100%

Lockwood - almost certainly

Rathbone - 50/50

Woo - good shot to stick out of camp, at least temporarily, or be a late cut

Madden - probably not; increasing size/strength, experience, another year (and to dominate) won't hurt at all

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Hughes - 100%

Rathbone - 50/50

Madden - probably not; increasing size/strength, experience, another year (and to dominate) won't hurt at all

Yeah, I hope we can sign Lockwood out of college this year with Hughes. 

55 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Hughes - 100%

Rathbone - 50/50

Edler, Tanev, Hutton, Stetcher, Gudbranson, Pouliot, Hughes, Juolevi, McEneny, Sautner, and Chatfield . Where would you place Woo in all those guys. I like Woo but I don’t think he has a chance at all to see time past camp. Why rush him he’s a 19 year old defender let him play 23+ minutes a night in every situation instead of rushing him to the show so we can play him 10 minutes every other game.

22 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Edler, Tanev, Hutton, Stetcher, Gudbranson, Pouliot, Hughes, Juolevi, McEneny, Sautner, and Chatfield . Where would you place Woo in all those guys. I like Woo but I don’t think he has a chance at all to see time past camp. Why rush him he’s a 19 year old defender let him play 23+ minutes a night in every situation instead of rushing him to the show so we can play him 10 minutes every other game.

LD- Edler, Hutton, Hughes, Juolevi, McEneny, Sautner, POluiot

RD- Tanev, Stecher, Guddy, Woo, Biega, Chatfield

I can easily see one of Tanev/Guddy being traded this deadline/offseason. Woo could slot right into the top 6 if he proves himself in camp. Ive been a big supporter for trying to sign Myers as well though so who knows. Though it would be fun to see us start the year with a D lineup of

Hughes-Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

Edler-Woo

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Hughes - 100%

Rathbone - 50/50

I think there's an outside chance at best of Rathbone turning pro next year. He's had a good but not spectacular year in the NCAA and has shown in the past that he's patient in what route he'll take. 

23 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I think there's an outside chance at best of Rathbone turning pro next year. He's had a good but not spectacular year in the NCAA and has shown in the past that he's patient in what route he'll take. 

I am fine with Rathbone staying another year. I dont think we will be at the Aug 15 situation with him.