The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kristoffer Gunnarsson | D

Adarsh Sant

20 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Gunnarsson signed an extension (happened a couple weeks back) with Frölunda that runs through the 2019/20 SHL season.

https://www.frolundaindians.com/artikel/n9lnaj7t4-24601/nytt-kontrakt-for-gunnar

IIRC, we maintain his rights until June 1st, 2021. 

I like this path for a late rounder.  Physically this guy is ready for NA, SHL is a damn good league to work on his skills in.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Been pretty quiet in here so I figured I’d post a highlight, even though it’s from a couple weeks back:

Gunnarsson (#6 White) is the one who crushes the player into the boards, waits for the retaliatory crowd, starts mucking it up in the scrum, and then pulls one opponent out and just beats him down.

Could use that fight right now!

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Could use that fight right now!

Somehow I like the thought that JB drafted a guy that learned to hit in the SHL. Timing for hitting has to be harder with the bigger surface. 

Maybe Gunner could be the next Ulf or Kronwall. 

It was a clean hit and glad he can stand up for himself. Nice to see a swede play a physical game. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Somehow I like the thought that JB drafted a guy that learned to hit in the SHL. Timing for hitting has to be harder with the bigger surface. 

Maybe Gunner could be the next Ulf or Kronwall. 

It was a clean hit and glad he can stand up for himself. Nice to see a swede play a physical game. 

You are spot on. I attended a game in Sweden, hitting is a lot harder than the nhl. 

Long way to go but hopefully he will get here one day.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Take this in. He has played 40 games this year for Frolunda, and has 0 points. Remarkably, he is only a -1

KG's lifetime stats do not scream Erik Karlsson, but he has stayed up in the SHL all season and played most games. I wonder what his TOI is. Enough hockey people see beyond his stat lines to consider him to have an upside. I think that the analytical crowd wouldn't have much time for him.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Take this in. He has played 40 games this year for Frolunda, and has 0 points. Remarkably, he is only a -1

Stay at home defensmen to the max lol. But he seems agile enough with his skating to be able to translate on the smaller ice. A new age Douglas Murray??

On 2/10/2018 at 6:15 AM, SingleThorn said:

KG's lifetime stats do not scream Erik Karlsson, but he has stayed up in the SHL all season and played most games. I wonder what his TOI is. Enough hockey people see beyond his stat lines to consider him to have an upside. I think that the analytical crowd wouldn't have much time for him.

TOI average for the season is 10:11. Which is more than the last two years. Season high is 17:20, from a month ago according to his game log. Seven games left in the SHL season to crack that goose egg... but yeah, he must be doing something right to stay in the top division all year long.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

TOI average for the season is 10:11. Which is more than the last two years. Season high is 17:20, from a month ago according to his game log. Seven games left in the SHL season to crack that goose egg... but yeah, he must be doing something right to stay in the top division all year long.

Thanks @stonecoldstevebernier. Where do you find the TOI stats for SHL ? I like stats, but take most of them with a grain of salt. Too many variables. For me TOI has more meaning than most other stats.

PS.......is there a site that gives AHL TOI ?

10 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

He doesn't have to be a guy that scores a huge number of points. I'm just as happy if he's a shut down guy who clears the crease well.

3 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Thanks @stonecoldstevebernier. Where do you find the TOI stats for SHL ? I like stats, but take most of them with a grain of salt. Too many variables. For me TOI has more meaning than most other stats.

SHL.se has TOI stats.

Here’s a link to their main stats page: 

http://www.shl.se/statistik/spelare

Last column has each player’s TOI/GP.

And if you poke around the menu, you can find all kinds of different stats on SHL.se.

As for AHL TOI, the AHL doesn’t track icetime (publicly anyway), so no official TOI stats are available.

You can find estimated time on ice (eTOI) stats (which are calculated by plugging the available counting stats into an equation) at places like http://prospect-stats.com/.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

http://www.shl.se/lag/087a-087aTQv9u__frolunda-hc/qQ9-62316fDCK__kristoffer-gunnarsson

That's Gunnarsson's page. The whole site's in Swedish but you can guess most of the tabs. "Matcher" gets you the game log, "Statistik" brings up his stats for the year. "Media" usually has highlights and such but, well, he has zero points. You can use the search bar to type in whatever player you're looking for and find their pages too. The banner with game scores at the top works similar to NHL.com's, you can click on the matches and find the boxscores with player stats and whatnot. Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1