The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #4

Brad Marchand

CDC Consensus Prospect Rankings - #4  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It'll be interesting after this pick. Idk who to pick, Dahlen, Gaudette, Goldobin, or Virtanen ..

I think it'll go

Gaudette

Dahlen

Goldobin

Virtanen

If Virtanen is #8+ then JB is doing an amazing job

Best part about this poll is it doesn't even include Horvat, Baertschi, Granlund, Stecher, Tryamkin, or Hutton... very fun hockey coming our way!

7 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Lol thought Demko was in our top 3 already so voted for Dahlen. No one has voted him other than me but once he finds his chemistry he had in Sweden and carry it over here in N.A., he should rise up our list and should be top 5 lock imo. Demko is the no brainer and my bad for not checking the previous polls

I did the exact same thing. Not knowing who the top 3 were. So many good ones to choose from. I still have high hopes for Jake I see last year not in his point totals since he was primarily in Utica to learn defence and play without the puck. Maybe I'm A homer, but 8 goals while being in WD doghouse playing 53 games like 6 mins A night Had he been given top 6 mins and pp like MT of Calgary. Might he had A better season?

That being said. I like that he spent the year under Greene learning you have to work hard on both ends. And to the non-hockey people who only look at stats. Ask anyone who watches Utica games me included. The last 20 games and even some b4 that it was obvious he was on another level than most of those guys. When he was paired with Goldy for those 3 games I saw not only his offensive prowess kick up A notch, but also you could see he learned a lot about how to play the game the right way. 

I hope with his dedication to training this year. He comes in and shuts all the haters up finally. So tired of hearing who we could have pickedI if Jake can reach his potential plus play A physical type of game, Think Kassian with more talent. And I would go to war with him over Ehlers or Nylander anytime.

Remember Lap and Raffi and how much they meant to us? imagine that with the ability to pot 20-25 goals and put up 50-60 points A season. Will He make it there? time will tell, but all the haters who call him A bust is pretty narrow-minded after 53 NHL games barely getting ice-time after being rushed into our lineup when he wasn't fully healthy. As for last year. Like I said He started at the bottom in Utica had his ass handed to him on more than one occasion. Only to come out of it A better all round player and most importantly A more mature player. With a much-improved work ethic and A better understanding of the game. All 200 feet.

7 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Who keeps voting for Virtanen? :lol:

Not saying he is in our top 6.  But that goes to show how good our prospects are ow compared to when Jake was drafted. 

I still think people are gonna be surprised this year in camp. With him Goldy and Subban. WE expected so much out of Jake. Even tho he was rushed not fully recovered and in his rookie year played like 53 games averaging prolly 7 mins A game and still had 8  goals Makes you wonder what he might have done playing top 6 mins and pp time like MT who I can't wait till Jake just flattens him this year.

Like I said in A previous post don't judge him on last year. He had to get back in shape.(his own fault.) then he was basically played as A plug while learning how to play away from the puck and make better decisions. He wasn't put in A spot to light it up last year. And I don't think that was the point. He was taught Humility and how to play hockey the right way on and off the ice. I  watched a lot of games. If he had some decent linemates the last half of the year he would have lit it up. Small sample size but when he was let off his leash and played with Goldy it was fun to watch.

Haters are going to need to find A new guy to hate on. For the first time he is coming to camp with A chip on his shoulder, he plays best that way. More importantly, he is in great shape mentally and physically. Watch out Mcdavid MT lol

1 hour ago, bp79 said:

Not saying he is in our top 6.  But that goes to show how good our prospects are ow compared to when Jake was drafted. 

I still think people are gonna be surprised this year in camp. With him Goldy and Subban. WE expected so much out of Jake. Even tho he was rushed not fully recovered and in his rookie year played like 53 games averaging prolly 7 mins A game and still had 8  goals Makes you wonder what he might have done playing top 6 mins and pp time like MT who I can't wait till Jake just flattens him this year.

Like I said in A previous post don't judge him on last year. He had to get back in shape.(his own fault.) then he was basically played as A plug while learning how to play away from the puck and make better decisions. He wasn't put in A spot to light it up last year. And I don't think that was the point. He was taught Humility and how to play hockey the right way on and off the ice. I  watched a lot of games. If he had some decent linemates the last half of the year he would have lit it up. Small sample size but when he was let off his leash and played with Goldy it was fun to watch.

Haters are going to need to find A new guy to hate on. For the first time he is coming to camp with A chip on his shoulder, he plays best that way. More importantly, he is in great shape mentally and physically. Watch out Mcdavid MT lol

He averaged 11:33 per game. Maybe his effort made it seem like he was only playing 7 minutes. :lol:

8 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Gaudette?

I'd say Gaudette is in our second tier, along with Goldobin and Dahlen.

I'd separate our prospect tiers something like this...

Boeser, Pettersson, Juolevi, Demko

Dahlen, Gaudette, Goldobin

Lind, Gadjovich, DiPietro, Virtanen, Lockwood, Brisebois

Everyone else etc etc etc...

At least Jake has proven he can play in the NHL, unlike the "prospects". 

At worst, some posters may be pleasantly surprised.

These projection things are purely speculation based on subjective concepts. It's fun, but there is no science here.

McCann was a Peterson not to long ago, now where is he? 

CoHo?

Fox, Druken, ...

Dahlen and co haven't done anything in the A, unlike Goldy at least. These players are being put ahead of proven commodities, for the sake of "imagining" their ceilings in the NHL. Hope and optimism only go so far in accessments. At least Jake has played enough to say he can be a 4th liner, etc. These other guys might not even make it that far. 

Its it's fun to make your guess, but that's all it is, entertainment. This list will look the same with new draftees replacing the old ones, every year we pick high. It's how it goes each time we talk about it since forever.  

Just now, cyoung said:

Honestly don't know about that one. 

I hope these kids stay healthy through these camps so that we might see a few skate a few games in the NHL, then, we can use the same bar to access how they respond.

I'd imagine there will still be a few signings yet which may impact this list. 

15 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Who keeps voting for Virtanen? :lol:

I voted Demko but I don't think Jake is that far behind, despite CDC projecting 40 years of pent up frustration onto him :P

14 hours ago, JamesB said:

Yes, Jake had 3 votes at #1, 5 votes at #2, 6 votes at #3, and so far has 11 votes at #4, which puts him "second" after Demko in the 4th round. Not sure if Jake's family is on CDC or if this is yet another testament to the power of denial (or confirmation bias or something) in human psychology.

Not a whole lot of doubt about the top 4 versus the rest at this stage. From #5 on the uncertainty opens up quite a lot. Looking at the fowards and focusing on scoring, after applying weighting to adjust for league differences, Dahlen, Gaudette, Lind, and Goldobin are all fairly close (and Jake is not).

I think Jake is easily right there at number 5.  

14 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It'll be Dahlen.

I like Dahlen as a prospect but I think he's overhyped on these boards.   

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

I still think Demko is higher than Juolevi, however I place Dahlen above both of them. Demko has potential but he's not reaching it anytime soon. He lacks the fundamentals that made guys like Schneider and Lack good. 

Demko is way better than Lack.  He's certainly closer to Schneider.

Archived