The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Andrey Pedan, 4th-round pick to Penguins for Derrick Pouliot

Green has a lot of experience with both Pouliot and Pedan.  He clearly saw something he didn't like in Pedan as he was often a healthy scratch in Utica towards the end of last year.  Good luck to him.

So we have a number 3,5 and 8 overall playing (or in Europe) for our D now.  Still none of them are elite, but at least can see some high end talent that we may be able to mine.

33 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

How are people happy about this? We could've just picked the guy up off waivers... 

They could have picked up Pedan as well. They waited for him to clear and we threw in a 4th to avoid the possibility of another team claiming Pouliot.(small chance, I know)

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

got some tips for me on how to keep it fresh combover?

your posts are always so unique and unpredictable.;)

Try sticking to the topic if your looking for off topic conversation call a chat line or maybe make some real life friends. 

Unfortunatly for you what you think is wit. Just comes across DIM.....get it. (Just like comic book guy)

^_^

In fairness you did TROLL me into a conversation...darn it.

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Green has a lot of experience with both Pouliot and Pedan.  He clearly saw something he didn't like in Pedan as he was often a healthy scratch in Utica towards the end of last year.  Good luck to him.

So we have a number 3,5 and 8 overall playing (or in Europe) for our D now.  Still none of them are elite, but at least can see some high end talent that we may be able to mine.

Maybe can bring back Cam Barker so have a top 4....

1 minute ago, Guile said:

Anyone know what this means for our 23-man roster deadline today (that has passed...). I'm assuming we had to have papered down Jake/Brock/both, just for the time being?

Guess they lose a day of NHL salary.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

If they'd done that, they'd have to waive him to assign him to the A.

This way, he's already down  and they pick up a 4th round pick - essentially the asset in this deal.

But on another note, love that we picked up Pouliot.

He has serious pmd in his veins - and was trapped behind Letang (and then Schultz as well) in Pitt.

Great risk imo for a 4th round pick.

Thanks mate!

6 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Love how people opposed to this trade are saying "why give up Pedan and a 4th when we could have got him for nothing?" 

LOL what if Benning and Ruhterford knew the Av's were gonna pick him up before we had a chance to?  

Then we would've kept Pedan in Utica and our 4th and moved on...

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

They could have picked up Pedan as well. They waited for him to clear and we threw in a 4th to avoid the possibility of another team claiming Pouliot.(small chance, I know)

They could've picked up Pedan but then he would have had to stay with the NHL club.

Archived