The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Andrey Pedan, 4th-round pick to Penguins for Derrick Pouliot

26 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

Wow Jim made this player go away . He was one of his early tenure acquisition ‘s at 6’5” an imposing mean tough skating hitting D who had a tendency to run around a lot in ice an get lost .

Not sure what kind of reclaimation project 6’ Pouliott will turn out . 

If recall he Pedan was picked by Jim for a second pick? I really like the abrasive toughness he possesses and thought he had made great strides in minors.

Hopefully the new project can make it .

Mallet and a 3rd.

23 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Pouliot is a lefty.

He's also a lefty who can play either side. Played a fair amount of right D in junior and also saw some of the right side during his stints with Pittsburgh.

Here's a quote (2016) where he talks about being comfortable on either side:

Pouliot said he played extensively on the right side in his junior career.

“It’s something I’m comfortable with, and, if it’s a spot I could fit in, that’d be great,” he said.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Ryan-Wilson/Derrick-Pouliot-Reveals-Position-Flexibility/177/79109

Some reactions from the Penguins site onHFBoards:

Seems like not everybody is high on him...

A 4th round pick for DP is fantastic.

What a miserable ending to a miserable draft pick. At least we get Kasparaitis back?

Yeah someone certainly would have claimed him.

He sucks though, and good riddance. At least we got something for him.

So happy he's gone... i cannot believe we skipped over Trouba and Forsberg to draft this idiot

We traded trash for trash but got a solid 4th out of it too. Pedan was probably because they needed space in their farm and pens were ok with pedan who is likely going to be in wheeling with the depth we have.

Pedan is a nothing.
Pouliot is less than that.
I’m just happy we got a high 4th.

There will never be healing for Pouliot.

But there might finally be silence :laugh:

Does that go down as the worst Penguins draft pick of all time? He's got to be up there.

Pouliot was softer then a marshmallow. Dude is ready to be a Men's B league super star. What a loser. Guy had a chance to make millions and wound up being a little weisel . Later

I've told everyone here, Pouliot was never going to play for us, ever. He has a terrible work ethic and he is stupid. The other reason is he pissed off almost every player and isn't even a part of the team, in Wilkes Barres! The dude eats alone, drinks alone, and doesn't really have any friends because he is a grade a dushbag. He will never be a NHL player.

The 4th was a godsend. Worst pick of the Shero era.

46 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

If you paid attention he has always said he likes it here with having a family here every time they ask him on garbage bag day.

How is that fake news? Lol I'm pretty sure it's well known.

Surprised it slipped by a super fan type like you though...

Nothing slips by super-fans:

"It's not something I think about. As long as Vancouver wants me, rumors mean nothing."

Edler's girlfriend is expecting a child this summer and it's clear that he wouldn't be eager to waive his no-trade clause. He might do it if he was asked, a situation which the Canucks' new management team recently foisted upon new Tampa Bay Lightning defender Jason Garrison.

"In the end, I get to decide [for myself]," Edler told Expressen, "but if the team wants [a trade] ... well, then you get to decide whether you want to play for a team that does not want you."

https://www.thescore.com/news/537656

July 2014

37 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Toughness works better if that entire team buys into it. It shouldn't be a problem if the entire team adopts that pack mentality. From what I hear, Green loves to enforce that up tempo style of being hard on the forecheck and moving pucks quick out of the D zone. That's more exciting that not having the puck, trying to hit guys and picking fights. Besides Pedan and Wiercoch are not what I consider top 4D. 

Who said I did? I just said Pedan was the toughest player in our organization. 

6 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Some reactions from the Penguins site onHFBoards:

Seems like not everybody is high on him...

It looks to me as though the Pittsburgh organization might have been a toxic environment for Pouliot. He might have some untapped potential left to be unlocked with a new environment and a familiar coach.

I'm on board with this. Besides his size, I don't really understand why so many people liked Pedan. It would have been nice to keep the fourth, but it's not like we can't get it back at the TDL; Vanek should be worth at least that. 

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I guess, but I doubt they will send him down. He will likely be our seventh defenceman to start the year.

Yes, I understand that,but I thought someone posted that he needed to clear waivers from Pittsburgh but that doesn’t make sense since the waiver deadline has passed. 

Archived