The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers looking for scoring on the wing

On 2017-10-29 at 11:48 AM, Battlemonger said:

I'd put Gaunce in at 4th line center. Other than that, that lineup rocks!!!!

I'd put MacEwen as an option as well, good physical player. Also I see Laplante being a future 4th liner as well, dude is all heart.

On 11/4/2017 at 11:31 PM, Odd. said:

The idea, the thought of even thinking about trading Tanev hurts me physically and emotionally. And to trade Tanev to a divisional rival would pretty much kill me.

I could see Benning move Tanev to a divsional rival, but the offer would have to be huge for that to happen. 

Never say never in this industry, things could happen even with divisional rivals, but when they do happen, the offer has to be too good to refuse. It'll have to start with Pulj....

12 hours ago, J-23 said:

I'd put MacEwen as an option as well, good physical player. Also I see Laplante being a future 4th liner as well, dude is all heart.

Not sure why everyone is huge on Gaunce. He hasn't really shown anything last year, and he's been injured thus far this year. MacEwen I'm not completely sold on, but then again, I haven't really been following him down in Utica closely either. Laplante - isn't he in the ECHL? Or am I confused with another player that was sent down there? 

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Not sure why everyone is huge on Gaunce. He hasn't really shown anything last year, and he's been injured thus far this year. MacEwen I'm not completely sold on, but then again, I haven't really been following him down in Utica closely either. Laplante - isn't he in the ECHL? Or am I confused with another player that was sent down there? 

I would rather have MacEwen over Gaunce. I'm not huge on Gaunce but it would be nice to see him get another shot. Yeah, Laplante is ECHL...but I see him as a future 4th liner.

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I could see Benning move Tanev to a divsional rival, but the offer would have to be huge for that to happen. 

Never say never in this industry, things could happen even with divisional rivals, but when they do happen, the offer has to be too good to refuse. It'll have to start with Pulj....

pulvi for tanev?  i might be able to get behind that.  oilers would be sitting pretty on d.  he would transform their d core far more then larsen did.

maybe their coach made them better too.

8 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

pulvi for tanev?  i might be able to get behind that.  oilers would be sitting pretty on d.  he would transform their d core far more then larsen did.

maybe their coach made them better too.

I wish. That would would mean Van would be digging further into a rebuild and I doubt Aqua wants that. Especially with the limited success so far this season. 

Same div..rivals, & all that usual blather..but, I see a nice match up of needs, assets & timelines involving these two teams.

Then Chia-pet & JB are old co-horts. Does seem possible.

BLOCKBUSTER!

Tanev(retain 2 mill AAV)

Dorsett

& Baer

total: about 6.5 mill

For:

Poolparty

Khaira

Strome

total: 4~6,000,000(pending Puhl's potential bonuses?)

^Above deal gives us 2 highly acclaimed top-5's from last yr's vaunted draft class.

Juolevi & Puhl could be an amazing Finnish-combo.

For 3 yrs of Chia getting Tanev at a bargain-basement 2.5 mill AAV, might he gamble a potential young star fwd? They also need wings, so we give 2 who are rolling pretty well lately, in Baer & Dorsett.

Khaira is a local kid, who'd promote well amongst local Indo-Cdns. Fit in on checking line(with some size).

Strome is a hit/miss project, that just reminds Coiler fans of losing Eberle.

3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Same div..rivals, & all that usual blather..but, I see a nice match up of needs, assets & timelines involving these two teams.

Then Chia-pet & JB are old co-horts. Does seem possible.

BLOCKBUSTER!

Tanev(retain 2 mill AAV)

Dorsett

& Baer

total: about 6.5 mill

For:

Poolparty

Khaira

Strome

total: 4~6,000,000(pending Puhl's potential bonuses?)

Oilers get the best player, we don't retain anything.  Tanev is certainly no cap dump.  The other two are better than those 'Coil scrubs as well.  Ugh, why are people so infatuated with the Strome Bust Brothers? 

Maybe vanek basically a low price rental that can pot some goals buy there younger prospects another year. 

Vanek and rodin or  brumistrov for w.h.y

gagners familiar with them and a real bargain for 3years ....<_<

For the right price they can pick any of the 27 year old and up vets.divisonal or not vancouver shouldn’t care at this point.

Archived