The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flat Earther to Launch Himself into Space Today

nucklehead

29 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

I've always wondered. Do people who believe the earth is flat, also believe the sun is flat?

Every planet, moon, and star is flat and is actually facing towards you to give you the illusion it is in the shape of a sphere.

NASA and the government are lying to you to prevent you from finding Jesus.

That's flat earth in a nutshell.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/25/flat-earth-rocket-launch-postponed-california-man-says.html

Blame it on bureaucracy: A California man who planned to launch himself 1,800 feet skyward in a home-built rocket to prove that Earth is flat has had to reschedule.

Mike Hughes said the Bureau of Land Management wouldn't approve his plan to use public land for Saturday's planned experiment, so he'll have to move the project to private land next week, the Washington Post reported.

The 61-year-old limo driver said he had received verval approval from the same federal agency just last year, pending an OK from the federal Aviation Commission, the paper reported.

Hughes added that engine trouble in his motor home, which was converted into a ramp, also affected his original launch plans.

“It’s still happening. We’re just moving it three miles down the road,” Hughes told the Post on Friday. “This is what happens any time you have to deal with any kind of government agency.”

Hughes said the rocket will take flight next week, from private property near the Mojave Desert, along Route 66.

“I don’t see [the launch] happening until about Tuesday, honestly,” he told the paper. “It takes three days to set up. ... You know, it’s not easy because it’s not supposed to be easy.”

If all goes according to plan, Hughes said his stunt will be the first phase of the flat-Earth space program, sponsored by Research Flat Earth, a group that believes Earth is flat.

Hughes claims to have built his steam-powered rocket out of scrap metal parts in his garage, with the entire projecting costing around $20,000. The rocket should travel about a mile at a speed of roughly 500 mph, he said.

The daredevil’s goal is to get miles above Earth and snap a photo, to prove that astronauts conspired to fabricate the shape of the planet.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:59 AM, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

So was he denied the right to blast off because he's a moron? Or did they examine his rocket and disqualify him from launching because he wanted to use bottle rockets to propel him that monstrous 1,800 feet into the stratosphere?

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So was he denied the right to blast off because he's a moron? Or did they examine his rocket and disqualify him from launching because he wanted to use bottle rockets to propel him that monstrous 1,800 feet into the stratosphere?

giphy.gif

Denied because he never applied for a permit to do it on public land, and apparently this is only a test for his real goal of going to higher, his launch has been postponed again,. I only hope he live streams the launch cuz i really wanna see if it just blows up on the launch pad

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 12:52 PM, Toni Zamboni said:

1800 feet??....my drone flies higher than that.

if the earth is flat....why doesnt he just walk to the edge and take a photo?....or better yet, jump off !

Antarctica is heavily guarded. there may be no edge but an endless cold dark plain.

16 hours ago, soosoodeff said:

Antarctica is heavily guarded. there may be no edge but an endless cold dark plain.

Did you know there has been a marathon ran yearly on Antarctica since '95?

Are all the military guarding the continent in on the conspiracy? 

Are all the commercial pilots in on it?

What makes the shadows on the moon?

Oh, I have to stop myself.  I adore people that live in a world like yours. I'm a bit jealous, to you the world is full of fantasy and secrets. These days mine is full of just how simple and daft human kind is.

https://www.popsci.com/10-ways-you-can-prove-earth-is-round#page-16

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:50 AM, Warhippy said:

Keep in mind even on this forum we have people that believe

Vegas shooter was a government conspiracy

There WAS an Obama/Clinton pizza shop pedophile ring

Trump IS in fact doing all the things he says he is

9/11 was an inside job

I'm just curious why proof of Osama's death wasn't recorded. I believe they dumped him at sea afterwards? Why? You'd think after capturing this guy and killing him, they'd have that image plastered on every news cover in the world. Yet, it's all very hush hush, no evidence. One thing is certain, America wanted that oil.

Archived