The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Canucks call up Goldobin

86Viking

"

Of Sutter’s injury, Canucks head coach Travis Green said the centre is “more than day-to-day, but it’s nothing too serious.”

After today’s tilt at Madison Square Garden, the Canucks have two more games on their current road trip: Tuesday against the Islanders in Brooklyn and Thursday in Nashville against the Predators. It sounds likely Sutter will be out for both those games."

I thought the plan was to keep Goldobin in Utica until he was ready for the show.  Once he came up, it was supposed to be to stay.  That's why, earlier they re-called Chaput.

Sutter is out for a few games so somebody had to be called up.  I'd be surprised if they put the kid on the red eye and played him in a 2 pm (eastern) game.  Although, he'll be pumped on adrenaline.

Is this just an "atta boy kid" recall?  Have a nice cheque. 

8 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I thought the plan was to keep Goldobin in Utica until he was ready for the show.  Once he came up, it was supposed to be to stay.  That's why, earlier they re-called Chaput.

Sutter is out for a few games so somebody had to be called up.  I'd be surprised if they put the kid on the red eye and played him in a 2 pm (eastern) game.  Although, he'll be pumped on adrenaline.

Is this just an "atta boy kid" recall?  Have a nice cheque. 

Sutter is out but Burmistrov is taking his spot. No Goldobin in the game today

55 minutes ago, Provost said:

I am assuming that Sutter is out and the plan is to have Burmistrov and Goldobin on a line which I think is a lot better than playing either Gaunce or Gagner at this point.

Gaunce has played his role just fine...too bad he has no luck offensively. He's had some solid chances. 

2 hours ago, canucklehead80 said:

I'd like to think he'll get some playing time. Don't think they'd bring him up just to sit in the press box, considering they've wanted him to continue developing and playing minutes in Utica. They'd bring someone else up to sit and eat popcorn if they didn't plan on playing him at some point.

Utica is off for a few days.  Sometimes these call ups are more a reward to the player's pocketbook.  

Archived