The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Canucks call up Goldobin

86Viking

I hope he gets to actually play some games, let's hope he relishes this opportunity and makes it impossible for the Canucks to send him back down. I know his agent has said all the right things about him being down in Utica and waiting his turn. He also had high confidence that when he got recalled he would be here to stay...

I hope that is true, I think Goldobin has a great skill set, he has had some time to work on his defensive game and been given PK time. All the best Goldy hope you get in the line up soon!!

6 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

I'd like to think he'll get some playing time. Don't think they'd bring him up just to sit in the press box, considering they've wanted him to continue developing and playing minutes in Utica. They'd bring someone else up to sit and eat popcorn if they didn't plan on playing him at some point.

I would think that would be the case too. That said, with Burmistrov riding the pine are we looking to try to move him for a late pick before we put him on waivers? I guess he could just continue to sit in the press box though.

What time was he recalled? Not really doing him any favours if he is up all night then playing this morning.

This really pushes Jake down the pecking order.

Maybe they should try having Jake play in Guance's spot.

Can't see where they would play Goldy, he is too fast and not defensive enough for he Sedins, on a wing with Horvat?

45 minutes ago, Yotes said:

I hope he gets to actually play some games, let's hope he relishes this opportunity and makes it impossible for the Canucks to send him back down. I know his agent has said all the right things about him being down in Utica and waiting his turn. He also had high confidence that when he got recalled he would be here to stay...

I hope that is true, I think Goldobin has a great skill set, he has had some time to work on his defensive game and been given PK time. All the best Goldy hope you get in the line up soon!!

I was trying to put a trade proposal together last night and I got kind of stumped on it, because I was looking to move a LW, but the truth is our young prospects have not been tested yet so, we can suppose they are 1st or 2nd liners, but until tested......god knows!

That is why Goldobin needs to be put into a position to succeed, and not put on the 4th line or in the up in the box to watch..........

He is an offensive player, who has offensive abilities.....he needs to be put in that situation, so we can find out if a Baertschi or Granlund is an option for trade, no use just talking about it..................

8 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

What time was he recalled? Not really doing him any favours if he is up all night then playing this morning.

Utica just played in Laval which is a 90min flight to NYC.   Travel time and fatigue should be a non-issue for Goldy.  

But your other question is interesting - where does he play?   I thought there'd be a good chance a forward and/or a defenseman would get called up on this road trip and actually see ice time just because it's such a long trip and some energy inserted into the line-up at the right time could be an astute call.

12 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Utica just played in Laval which is a 90min flight to NYC.   Travel time and fatigue should be a non-issue for Goldy.  

But your other question is interesting - where does he play?   I thought there'd be a good chance a forward and/or a defenseman would get called up on this road trip and actually see ice time just because it's such a long trip and some energy inserted into the line-up at the right time could be an astute call.

You would think JB wouldn't make Goldy take an ~8hr bus ride back to Utica just to get on the next plane to NYC?!?!  Unless they decided late that either Sutter or someone else couldn't skate today. 

Good call on injecting some energy on this LONG trip!

46 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

This really pushes Jake down the pecking order.

Maybe they should try having Jake play in Guance's spot.

Can't see where they would play Goldy, he is too fast and not defensive enough for he Sedins, on a wing with Horvat?

Why would break up our best line?

21 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Who's that greeting him? Kinda looks like Jake

Goldy looks like a little boy compared to Jake.  We can't lose this guy to the KHL.  He's still (obviously) extremely young, and will likely mature into a heck of a player. 

Archived