The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) philly @ van

combover

9 minutes ago, mll said:

Baer-Gagner-Vanek haven't been good together - chemistry doesn't seem to be there.  They are just chasing the puck up and down the ice and can't create zone time.  They had several shifts of more than 1min where they were just stuck in their own end and were severely outshot. 

Yeah I don’t remember them being good anyways... but what line do you break up?  Sedins have been hot and I love the idea of Gaunce-Granny-Virt... that line hints at a future elite shutdown line. 

I guess the remaining 2 lines could be spliced up any way you want.  Maybe Green puts them in the blender if things go sideways today.

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Yeah I don’t remember them being good anyways... but what line do you break up?  Sedins have been hot and I love the idea of Gaunce-Granny-Virt... that line hints at a future elite shutdown line. 

I guess the remaining 2 lines could be spliced up any way you want.  Maybe Green puts them in the blender if things go sideways today.

That line and the Horvat line - leave the other two that are working alone.

4 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

IMO Granlund is being held back on that line, put him with Boeser and Goldy.  Burmistrov between Gaunce and Virtanen. 

15 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

IMO Granlund is being held back on that line, put him with Boeser and Goldy.  Burmistrov between Gaunce and Virtanen. 

I’m torn on that - I remember how awesome Granny looked last year so that makes sense.  I still like the shutdown potential of the current trio.  They could grow into some offense eventually.. Gaunce looked darn strong on the offensive boards last game and Virt and Granny can shoot it.

mll also brings up a good point that Granny has chemistry with Baertschi so a Baer-Granny-Virtanen line, maybe?

Options.

How about this?  

Baer Granny Boeser 

Sedins and Loui 

Goldy Gaunce Vanek

Gagner, Burmy and VIrt.    

I think maybe Gaunce could play some center again the way he is going right now.  If things look too disjointed after a couple of shifts, move Gagner up with Goldy and Vanek and move Guance back with Vert and Burmy for that checking line.    

Just now, hobart16 said:

Marky is getting the start?  Nilsson has some gaudy numbers against the Flyers.

"Anders Nilsson is undefeated in regulation against the Flyers in his career with a 3-0-1 record and 2.11 GAA and .931 save percentage"

I think it's a no-brainer to reward Markstrom with a start after his shutout last game.

1 minute ago, hobart16 said:

Marky is getting the start?  Nilsson has some gaudy numbers against the Flyers.

"Anders Nilsson is undefeated in regulation against the Flyers in his career with a 3-0-1 record and 2.11 GAA and .931 save percentage"

Green is going with the hot hand. 1 goal against in the last 120 minutes gets Markstrom the start. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

What a great presser he holds.  No bs or panic just a solid understanding of the game and his players.  No wonder all our guys have bought in completely. 

Looking forward to seeing who steps up tonight with Bo and Sutter out.

Archived