The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)Sportsnet Prez feeling the wrath of Canucks' fan base

Tre Mac

i had it on SN360 and it was fine for me, so i wasnt salty >__>

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

That's funny because the first 5min of That's Hockey yesterday was about Marleau showering between periods.  Marner used to join him too, that doesn't sound strange at all when they word it like that.

they even cut away to players' thoughts on that like, okaaayy...

1 hour ago, Oldmanpower said:

Earlier this season i missed Daniels 1000 pt because of a cable srcew up and now this crap. If there was an alternate Canuck TV provider i would be first in line. I am NOT a Toronto anything fan and could not give a rats ass about any east coast team.seriously angry about this.. 

Me too!   As a "sports" channel, they should be aware of the relevance of some of these milestones and make sure they have plan B's in place.  To not have is a disservice as a sports network.  I was livid.  You just can't get these moments back....

1 hour ago, combover said:

Good.

it’s nothing new for the  Canucks fans getting screwed over by broadcasts and run long. 

It should become the norm when we get pre empted. 

Flood the media with hate something hopefully one day something will change.

Maybe we can get the Kentucky derby again eh? Or was it the Belmont? This has happened before, I remember a good 10+ minutes of a rained out game being talked about while a game was on.

I have no problem finding the game, all the NHL games. But it is good that there may be a bit of a shift at the top to think that there is more than TO in Canada.

"Welcome fans watching the Jets and Preds, the score there is tied in the 2nd overtime and now to TO and Capitals but first the interviews with Babcock and then the national anthems"

56 minutes ago, 420BEAR said:

According to my phone app, the game will be broadcast on sportsnet 360. Does anyone know if it will be on any other channels? I don't get SN360, I have 4 other SN channels and also have the Centre Ice package. But living in Alberta sometimes they manage to &^@# me over and not let me watch the boys.

The game will not be blacked out on SNP tonight so if you get that channel you should be okay. Anytime you see a Canucks game on SN360 in Alberta it will not be blacked out on SNP.

As a Canucks fan from Victoria who has gone to university in the GTA, I have had to illegally stream the games all year since they blackout SNP, so I didn't have to watch the stupid Jays game on Tuesday. ;)  At least for this one I can actually watch it on TV.

But really, ever since they got rid of Don Taylor on the Canucks postgame and decided to get exclusive rights for NHL games, SN has gone to $&!#.

You know, a baseball game shouldn't take more than 2 hours. Just 9 innings. Yet, they drag it out as long as humanly possible, scratching their parts, spitting sunflowers seed shells, chomping on wads of gum, and then some more scratching. I don't like baseball as it's very slow and kind of boring. I'd rather watch golf to be honest, which I do occasionally. And I really don't like TOR force feeding us their Jays, expecting the entire country to love and support their team. Sorry, but I don't.

Could you imagine the outrage if say...Sundin was retiring from the NHL with the Leafs, playing his last couple of games, and they showed a re-run of the Beachcombers instead? lol  C'mon Canada, it was filmed in BC, we should all love this show. lol

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

You know, a baseball game shouldn't take more than 2 hours. Just 9 innings. Yet, they drag it out as long as humanly possible, scratching their parts, spitting sunflowers seed shells, chomping on wads of gum, and then some more scratching. I don't like baseball as it's very slow and kind of boring. I'd rather watch golf to be honest, which I do occasionally. And I really don't like TOR force feeding us their Jays, expecting the entire country to love and support their team. Sorry, but I don't.

Could you imagine the outrage if say...Sundin was retiring from the NHL with the Leafs, playing his last couple of games, and they showed a re-run of the Beachcombers instead? lol  C'mon Canada, it was filmed in BC, we should all love this show. lol

Seriously, baseball is the grossest sport in the world.  Those dugouts are full of litter and peoples spit and just absolute filth.  Actually, I do like golf because there's enough players playing at the same time to continuously see action.

12 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Seriously, baseball is the grossest sport in the world.  Those dugouts are full of litter and peoples spit and just absolute filth.  Actually, I do like golf because there's enough players playing at the same time to continuously see action.

The most perplexing thing about baseball to me is afternoon games. Who goes?? Normal people have jobs during the day. I caught some of the Tigers game I think vs the Royals the other day when I was home sick. It was freezing cold and I think there was 12 people at the game. How can they even open the doors to the stadium when no one is there. I'm sure they sold more than 12 tickets and no one showed but it's business as usual. 81 home games and I wonder how many teams actually make money.

Sportsnet is trash. Rogers as a whole is trash.

No apology would make me respect this crooked organization.

They ruined hockey coverage for Vancouverites when they moved out the local studio.

I used to watch my 1 hour of Connected or the old Sportsnet with Don Taylor religiously. They had incredible programming and based on locals. Now it's all Toronto based.

I rarely watch their channel unless I have to for the game.

I remember when Sports Net Pacific actually prioritized Pacific content... Don Taylor I miss you so. This is what happens when Toronto has a monopoly on Canadian sports television gives them the ability to pump up Jays/Raptors/Leafs/TFC

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

Because it's totally sportsnet's fault the Jays game ran so long...

They have 5 channels on most cable packages, they could either make sure every Canuck game broadcasts on the companion channel or move the Jays game to SN360 coast to coast.  The nucks game vs. Anaheim we missed the national anthems because of a leafs post game interview, when we get subject to that it just comes off as trolling an entire market.  If the roles were reversed Ontario would do just as much complaining if not more.  So to answer your post, yes it was their fault a 9inning Jays game ran too long.

44 minutes ago, apollo said:

Sportsnet is trash. Rogers as a whole is trash.

No apology would make me respect this crooked organization.

They ruined hockey coverage for Vancouverites when they moved out the local studio.

I used to watch my 1 hour of Connected or the old Sportsnet with Don Taylor religiously. They had incredible programming and based on locals. Now it's all Toronto based.

I rarely watch their channel unless I have to for the game.

The good ol days.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Good.  Now fire MacLean, Randorf, Debrusk, Simpson, and Kypreos.

Debrusk is actually really quite good if you take off your hatred blinders. He's really down the middle (actually when he was doing Oilers games he sounded like a Canucks fan) and Kypreos has gotten way better over the past few years. Not nearly as ridiculous as he used to be. 

I always thought it amusing that some of the commentators  were some of the biggest goons in the league, KYPEOS and MARTY MACSORLEY,

Also goons around the sports desks.

What Vancouver needs is a fulltime west coast crew like john and john.They do the game but not as total homies in comparison to some of the announcers.

Having a familiar voice doing your games is important.

Lets put it this way if Dick Irvin amd Danny Gallivan were sent to Toronto And Bob Cole or Foster Huit and Howie Meacher were sent to Montreal nobody would get upset or notice.COME ON SPORTSNET,SMARTEN UP.

Archived