The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reassign F Jonathan Dahlen to Utica of the AHL

Adarsh Sant

I just hope that if he struggles (odds are that he might) all of us keyboard warriors don't label him a bust out of the gates.  Patience is often in short supply here.  Ideally, this gives him a chance to measure his game against possibly more seasoned pro's so he has a better idea of what/how he needs to adjust before next training camp.  In a perfect world, he's going to light it up, but I'll be happy if he scores some goals and shows decently.  Will be interesting to see how he compares against Goldobin as an example.  

Will be interesting to see if he has something left in the tank after the season and the playoffs. He has already reached is ultimate goal for the year (promotion), so I wouldn't be surprised if he does not take the AHL by storm immediately. Hopefully people will have patience with him.

I don't think Dahlen is going to struggle. He's already their best player (excl. Demko). lol

Heck, if Archibald can be best player last year (led the team in points in 2016/17) and Boucher (led the team this season), I'm sure Dahlen will do just fine.

1 hour ago, nzan said:

I'll do my own research too, but does anyone have an idea of a comparison between AHL and Allsvenskan?

SHL .58, AHL .47,  SM Liiga Swiss League NCAA .43

These are guidelines, and the median, each group has an upper and lower bound.  Given Dahlen played in on a team that was relegated up to the prime time SHL level I'd expect that Dahlen won't have any problems scoring at a PPG or better pace .... One way to look at it he'd he close to a fifty point scorer in the NHL right now if his points translate in the middle....not to shabby, at all.  

Edit. Post submitted accidentally half way through the first line...

52 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I'm still in awe of how Benning convinced Dorian that a Burrows for Dahlen trade was worth it for both sides. We straight up fleeced the Sens in this deal.

Ottawa was trading for a vet who had regularly upped his game in Stanley Cup play. They went to the quarter finals and Burrows was a big part of why they did. Is that over payment? The truly classy thing about that whole deal was that Burrows let it happen contrary to other team mates who did not.  

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

I'm still in awe of how Benning convinced Dorian that a Burrows for Dahlen trade was worth it for both sides. We straight up fleeced the Sens in this deal.

Read an interview where he insisted Dorion check out the CDC thread(Burr, Do We Really Need...), which subsequently tipped the scales of reason, eh???

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is great news for the Canucks and the Comets. I am really looking forward to seeing him play and the Comets battle for the Calder Cup trophy.

The Burrows-Dahlén trade could potentially be Erat-Forsberg 2.0.

An indelible comparable is credible?..Yeah baby

1 hour ago, Bigturk8 said:

Is that Gaudette? If so, unfortunately he can't join Utica for the playoffs. If not, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Haha I meant it in a general sense for the Canucks that the cavalry is coming. 

5 hours ago, Quantum said:

Sens had him at 3rd line winger ceiling?  We haven't even seen him play yet.

Archived