The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 1st-round draft pick's career ruined by video game addiction

6 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Also what game we talking about here?  Battlefront 2?

Probably fortnite that’s my guess. 

As for who: 

My guess on that would be Max Jones.

It would be impossible to say with such certainty the player is not making the NHL if he was talking about Juolevi.

Would wager money that it’s Jakub Zboril. Complete disappointment since being drafted. Fits the time line of being in junior, when Marek learned of the “news” (1 year ago he said). And on a very very Prominent team. 

Only a few other options from the 2015-2016 draft, but they don’t entirely fit the description. 

30 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Would wager money that it’s Jakub Zboril. Complete disappointment since being drafted. Fits the time line of being in junior, when Marek learned of the “news” (1 year ago he said). And on a very very Prominent team. 

Only a few other options from the 2015-2016 draft, but they don’t entirely fit the description. 

Zboril was the first guy I thought of too. Consensus seems to be that he'll be a career-AHLer.

I ruled out Juolevi when first reading it. The Bouchard comment has me a bit concerned though.

I wouldn't laugh at this stuff. It's a compulsion, and for any player at a development stage, putting anything above hockey is going to set them back behind their peers. 

Although Zboril could be a good candidate, he is in the AHL. i don't think he fits. 
The first name that popped up in my mind was actually Rubstov as well. I don't know what happened to him, but he still plays well for a good time.

37 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I ruled out Juolevi when first reading it. The Bouchard comment has me a bit concerned though.

I wouldn't laugh at this stuff. It's a compulsion, and for any player at a development stage, putting anything above hockey is going to set them back behind their peers. 

Yeah I don't know why someone commented that it was funny. It's  no win scenario for everyone involved including the fans. 

No one has mentioned that marek stated that he was a high pick. Now one could argue that ever one drafted in the first round is a high pick, but I think he means that he was a high pick within the first round. He backs up this theory by saying  "I’m probably saying too much right there" Why would he say that when its already been mentioned multiple times that the suspect was a first round pick. Once even in the title.

In thinking that means a high pick within the first round I would say that it has to be top 15 overall.

That would rule out 

Logan stanley

Max Jones

Rubtsov

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Vilardi?  The guy fell a ton from where the CDC experts had him pegged.  LA certainly qualifies as a high-profile franchise.

Hopefully this is something strong mentorship can overcome.

Makes sense, the scouts didn't seem to have much problem with his speed, those that interviewed him because they had an offside chance of getting him stayed away, and then when asked it was his speed that them from picking him.   LA probably didn't even interview him.

Archived