Qwags

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

These players are listed as Cs:

Dach

Turcotte

Zegras

Newhook

Suzuki

Could any of them become wingers for Bo or Elias? Or are they strictly Cs? I've heard Dach played wing.

Zegras has played wing on a line Jack Hughes. Could see him as a winger. Could see Suzuki & Newhook playing some wing too.

Dach is going to be a center I think. He & Turcotte would be least likely to move over IMO but could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Draft him lmao. A 6'4 200lbs centerman that can do that

Spezza like 

Honestly I’ve flip flopped between him and cozens multiple times this year and his playoff performance thus far is flipping him Back on top.

pretty sure he’ll be high on lots of teams

draft lists size with hands and vision like his are a rare combo.

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

JB seems to love this prospect so you can guarantee he's gonna play. I don't think he's a liability which is key. I just don't really see him as more than a 7/8 depth guy for the foreseeable future. 

8 games 0pts -4 for the canucks 

49 games 11 pts for Utica +/- 4 pims 22 

just doesn't scream being anywhere near a 5/6 Dfor us. He's not a big hitter or a fighter or shooter???? Somebody fill me in here he's decent defensively but he's no Tanev. From what I can tell he doesnt really create anything on the ice good or bad he's a decent uneventful minute filler. I have absolutely nothing against him just can't see what JB sees in him. Obviously I trust JB knows far more than I on this kid. Hopefully he tapps into something and can be a top 6 D for us. I don't want our bottom pairing to just be guys who can tread water though I would like to see Edler Tanev play matchups, Hughes XXX give defending teams fits and our bottom pair Hughes Stetcher give us that utility unit Hold the line, gain the zone, stuff a rush take some pressure off of the top 2 pairings.   

I think he's got Tanev potential, for sure.  He's only a year older than OJ

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

If Soderstrom is there at 9 there could be a case made of him being BPA. I like Krebs and Boldy if available but would also be happy with Soderstrom.

Benning expressing interest in selecting a dman makes me think he could reach. Like say Soderstrom is gone and he’s picking Broberg over Boldy, Krebs and Zegras.

I also wonder if we win one of the top 2 picks if Benning would shock the NHL world positionally hunting and picks Byram over Hughes or Kakko.

No chance he takes byram over hughes or Kakko. IMO.

If we took broberg over zegras/Krebs I would probably throw up. Haven’t watched him play a full game but heard enough to scare me away from him. And Zegras and Krebs could be huge pieces. Boldy id take too over broberg. 

All three of those forwards would fit nicely on our team.

Based off our needs, draft position  I won’t be surprised though either if we take soderstrom. Who like you said could very well be the BPA.

22 hours ago, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

Zegras can play both finesse and power, but he's been pushed to be a bit more aggressive. Ever since, he's been a little rat. His game along the wall used to be non-existent, now he thrives there and can make stupendous plays along the wall. 

I think what allows him to play such different styles of games is that he's always gone to the dirty areas and he's always skated fast and hard. It just blends well. 

He's a super well-rounded player, super competitive.

Adam Gaudette will be that player for the Canucks

Given the draft class, seems we’re pretty likely to take a forward at this point.  

Someone’s gonna drop to us at the 9-11 hole before we reach to a d man.

Excting stuff, some real strong players available. Krebs, Dach, Lavoie... or I’d even be excited with a little sniper like Caufield.   Maybe one of the higher thought of American kids drops like Boldy, Turcotte or Zegras.  

Of course, I still have a good feeling about the lottery. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

To be honest he has been completely off my radar until recently. The more I see the more I like. Austin Matthews was a few days shy of being eligible for the previous draft as well. I don't really read too much into birthdays kids develop at different rates the most important thing is seeing a consistent progression. Last year he played with Zadina this year he is proving he too can be a driver. He's a big kid and skates well seems to have above average IQ can both score and put the puck on a T there are so many reasons to like him. I'm surprised he isn't ranked higher. Only ISS and Canucks army have him in their top 10 at 10 and 8 respectively http://www.mynhldraft.com/2019-nhl-draft/2019-nhl-draft-rankings/.  I will be watching him more closely. I'm a sucker for a PWF prospect.

Lavoie's a bit if a project imo. I think being so much bigger than everyone else in the Q is a big part of his success. Hes got a heavy shot but not sniper accuracy. He does skate really well though.

In the games ive seen on SN he wasnt quite as involved in the play as I'd thought he might for a projected top 15 prospect with his size/skills. Yet in fairness he did still end up on the scoreboard.

I think can be a solid 3rd line/middle 6 guy even if he doesnt hit his ceiling, but I wouldnt take him around 9-12. 

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

No chance he takes byram over hughes or Kakko. IMO.

If we took broberg over zegras/Krebs I would probably throw up. Haven’t watched him play a full game but heard enough to scare me away from him. And Zegras and Krebs could be huge pieces. Boldy id take too over broberg. 

All three of those forwards would fit nicely on our team.

Based off our needs, draft position  I won’t be surprised though either if we take soderstrom. Who like you said could very well be the BPA.

Hey I didn’t think we could positionally hunt Juolevi over BPA Tkachuk. Byram is closer than people think. I don’t think it should happen but I wouldn’t rule out the positional shopping.

4 minutes ago, Yan86 said:

where does the drop off begin in this years draft class? 

top10?

I think that's fair to say, although there are a few other beauts projected to go after the 10th pick like Soderstrom, Broberg, and Caufield. A player like Boldy could even fall out of the top-10, but I think he's someone the Canucks should be all over if he's still there at 9th or 10th.

No matter what happens at the lottery I'm still really stoked on this draft. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I see talk about 'reaching' for a D, but Soderstrom isnt a reach at 9-12. Hes a better player now than Boqvist was last year. Whoever takes him is getting a real good D prospect. 

I'd be very pleased if we left the draft with Soderstrom. 

Seider would be more of a reach but he is a VERY tantalizing prospect. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Given the draft class, seems we’re pretty likely to take a forward at this point.  

Someone’s gonna drop to us at the 9-11 hole before we reach to a d man.

Excting stuff, some real strong players available. Krebs, Dach, Lavoie... or I’d even be excited with a little sniper like Caufield.   Maybe one of the higher thought of American kids drops like Boldy, Turcotte or Zegras.  

Of course, I still have a good feeling about the lottery. :ph34r:

We're getting a top 2 pick, actually. I guarantee it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Hey I didn’t think we could positionally hunt Juolevi over BPA Tkachuk. Byram is closer than people think. I don’t think it should happen but I wouldn’t rule out the positional shopping.

Although lots of us didn't have Juolevi ranked above Tkachuk, I personally did. I was not a tkachuk fan thought he was just a complimentary piece on a strong team with great junior line mates. I wasn't the only one with this view too.  Safe to say I was wrong on Tkachuk and with ranking Juolevi over Tkachuk. In all fairness I did have Sergachev as my top dman in that draft though.

Regardless I don't think taking Byram over Hughes or Kakko compares.

That comparison you are making would be like Benning taking Juolevi over Matthews or Laine.

As much as I like Byram, and feel he is the best d prospect I have ever watched live and in general they are harder to project they really are. And both Kakko and Hughes are going to be top 6 impact forwards guaranteed. Likely top line guys with star potential.

As valuable as Byram is, I just can't see him going top 2. If he does I will admit I am wrong, maybe a team has him at 2 on their list but I would be very very surprised.

Who knows though, Byram is a stud and I never thought Makar would go 4 over Glass/Pettersson/Mittlestadt.. so who knows right! 

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Lavoie's a bit if a project imo. I think being so much bigger than everyone else in the Q is a big part of his success. Hes got a heavy shot but not sniper accuracy. He does skate really well though.

In the games ive seen on SN he wasnt quite as involved in the play as I'd thought he might for a projected top 15 prospect with his size/skills. Yet in fairness he did still end up on the scoreboard.

I think can be a solid 3rd line/middle 6 guy even if he doesnt hit his ceiling, but I wouldnt take him around 9-12. 

I am just not a fan of him at all, and his skating concerns me.

This playoff performance is turning heads though..

• Cheers 1