The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

On 7/20/2018 at 4:23 AM, kenhodgejr said:

Vancouver fans should take this opportunity to show the hockey world that we can be respectful and not Boo every team we hate at the draft. As a fan watching the draft in Dallas i hated listening to all the stupid fans booing Bettman and other teams. As much as I hate Bettman and Calgary and Toronto I think we should all show complete respect during the 2019 draft and not embarrass ourselves again on the national stage. 

Just my two cents anyways. 

I was at the draft in 2006 in Vancouver, as far as I know, the only teams we booed were Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, and Montreal.

• Haha 2

Hey guys! Been watching video recently of all the projects top guys for 2019! HEAVY C draft this year! Here are my prelim rankings I put together! 

2019 NHL Mock Draft - Summer Rankings

1. C-Jack Hughes 
  2. RW-Kaapo Kakko 
  3. C-Alex Turcotte 
  4. C/LW-Peyton Krebs
  5. C-Kirby Dach
  6. C/RW-Dylan Cozens
  7. C-Alex Newhook
  8. D-Bowen Byram
  9. C-Trevor Zigras
  10. C/RW- Raphael Lavoie 
  11. (HM: Honka, Robertson,Suzuki) 
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TheHockeyNerds said:

Hey guys! Been watching video recently of all the projects top guys for 2019! HEAVY C draft this year! Here are my prelim rankings I put together! 

1. C-Jack Hughes 
  2. RW-Kaapo Kakko 
  3. C-Alex Turcotte 
  4. C/LW-Peyton Krebs
  5. C-Kirby Dach
  6. C/RW-Dylan Cozens
  7. C-Alex Newhook
  8. D-Bowen Byram
  9. C-Trevor Zigras
  10. C/RW- Raphael Lavoie 

Wow, that's a lot of centes!

• Upvote 1

On 2018-07-25 at 1:05 AM, TheHockeyNerds said:

1. C-Jack Hughes 
  2. RW-Kaapo Kakko 
  3. C-Alex Turcotte 
  4. C/LW-Peyton Krebs
  5. C-Kirby Dach
  6. C/RW-Dylan Cozens
  7. C-Alex Newhook
  8. D-Bowen Byram
  9. C-Trevor Zigras
  10. C/RW- Raphael Lavoie 

Looking at that list has me excited for that draft. One more year of rebuild ;)! Dream come true getting the Hughes brothers in Canuck jerseys but having any other of those top centers would put this prospect pool over the top!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Looking at that list has me excited for that draft. One more year of rebuild ;)! Dream come true getting the Hughes brothers in Canuck jerseys but having any other of those top centers would put this prospect pool over the top!

Totally agree! Get one of these centres and then another top end RD prospect with our second or another first and we could be dominant for years!

With the draft coming up in Vancouver Id be surprised if Benning didn't make some trades for some high picks in the first few rounds.

Trade candidates being Tanev(1st+), Edler(1st or 2nd), Del Zotto(2nd), Gagner(3rd), Baertschi(2nd), Hutton(3rd or 4th), Eriksson(3rd with retained salary), Sutter(2nd), Guddy?(1st)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 7/26/2018 at 9:59 AM, Bure_Pavel said:

Vegas odd's have us finishing in the bottom 5-10 range, most closer to 5. I wouldnt mind one more year of struggles, as it should be entertaining with the kids entering the line up. Then make a hard push the year after for the playoffs. 

I think we have 1-2 more years of bottom 10 finishes before we see REAL improvement. 

I just hope Green and Benning are around to see it.

2 hours ago, KKnight said:

Well let's see if he can get more than 11 points. 

Todd was one of my favourite players in his prime. But, man did he float around. Todd in his prime would dominate today. 

Tag is ranked in the 20-25 range right now. He played limited minutes last year. He was picked 2nd overall in the ohl draft. He will play a big role next year. I expect him to rise in the rankings. 

1 hour ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Tag is ranked in the 20-25 range right now. He played limited minutes last year. He was picked 2nd overall in the ohl draft. He will play a big role next year. I expect him to rise in the rankings. 

Most definitely. Obviously we would go BPA, But here's hoping it will be a C, Lw or Potential rising RD. Doesnt look like there is a hell of a lot of RD at the top end of the draft. I think Honka is about it. 

One more successful draft and I would start being heavily active in bringing in key pieces via trade. 

On 25/07/2018 at 1:05 AM, TheHockeyNerds said:

1. C-Jack Hughes 
  2. RW-Kaapo Kakko 
  3. C-Alex Turcotte 
  4. C/LW-Peyton Krebs
  5. C-Kirby Dach
  6. C/RW-Dylan Cozens
  7. C-Alex Newhook
  8. D-Bowen Byram
  9. C-Trevor Zigras
  10. C/RW- Raphael Lavoie 

York and vlasic should probably be ranked higher then zigras. This draft is gonna be good for the dub this year. 

9 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I think what Eichel did to the NCAA in his draft year was maybe more impressive than what McDavid did to the CHL. He doesn't look like he's had the impact he could have had in the NHL (even though he's a 10 million dollar player) mostly due to injuries and Buffalo. I think Eichel has another level that could bring him closer to McDavid and on par with Matthews.

It would be a much easier comparison if J. Hughes did decide to go to Michigan as the direct comparison would be available. One thing to note though is that there have been whispers about J. Hughes being a winger in the NHL, whereas Eichel is a pure center. 

At the very least we need to stock up on 1sts and 2nds to give ourself trading power at the draft. 

Edler, Tanev, Gudbranson, Hutton, Sutter, Baer, Granlund, Gagner, Del Zotto, Markstrom/Nilsson should all be on the market. Obviously can’t trade them all but 2 D and 2F should be unloaded.

Edler and Tanev make the most sense for highest returns and likely Sutter and Granlund on forward.

if we can haul 2 first and seconds for these guys would be great. I think that if they have strong years then Edler, Tanev, and Sutter are all capable of bringing 1st rounders in from contending teams.i wish we used Tanev to a bubble team this off season and hope for an implode ala islanders with Calgary’s pick last year.

18 hours ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

At the very least we need to stock up on 1sts and 2nds to give ourself trading power at the draft. 

Edler, Tanev, Gudbranson, Hutton, Sutter, Baer, Granlund, Gagner, Del Zotto, Markstrom/Nilsson should all be on the market. Obviously can’t trade them all but 2 D and 2F should be unloaded.

Edler and Tanev make the most sense for highest returns and likely Sutter and Granlund on forward.

if we can haul 2 first and seconds for these guys would be great. I think that if they have strong years then Edler, Tanev, and Sutter are all capable of bringing 1st rounders in from contending teams.i wish we used Tanev to a bubble team this off season and hope for an implode ala islanders with Calgary’s pick last year.

I want lots of draft picks for next years draft also.

I just don't see all the trades you are hoping for actually happening. Sutter....who is going to take the toughest line match ups for the next couple of years to give Horvat the chance to play some O and Petterson to learn the NHL centre game? 

Beagle won't as he is a 4th line centre. He will take some tough match ups but we need Sutter imo...unless of course we can get a UFA to replace him next summer.

I agree we need to trade D but I am not sure about both Tanev and Edler. Edler just had a great year and next summer he is UFA so maybe that makes sense...but he has a NTC. Tanev...we have talked about this ad nauseum.....one does need to be traded though so I agree. The rest won't get us much but a 2nd rounder  would be nice.