The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 hour ago, Seannnp said:

What if the Avalanche miss the playoffs...

and get picks 1 & 2

:frantic:

Landeskog Mackinnon Kakko

Kerfoot Hughes rantanen 

They are praying...their secondary scoring is near the bottom of the league haha

10 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

O.K.

Here is my proposal I thought about. Let's see if you can handle it.

We help out the Edmonton Oilers with taking Milan Lucic off their hands. It's 24 Million Dollars for his remaining 4 years of contract. Of course we would like to get adequately compensated for eating such an amount of money over the next four years.

With doing so we would give the Oilers not only some air to breath we would give them a second life. With Lucic's contract on their books they can't afford anything. They are done, handcuffed call it whatever you want.

Would would Jim ask for to do this kind of deal?

Edmonton's 1st 2019  +  Edmonton's 1st 2020. Such acquired 1st round picks would be incredible costly, but on the other hand let's think about how much money the Canucks burn each year with paying players like Sutter, Sponner (5 million cap hit for 2019/2020). Eriksson and others.

Eating Lucic's contract would be the better investment, because it really contributes to speed up the rebuild.

Would be a win / win for both.

1. We get 4 ! high ! first round picks in 2019 + 2020.

2. Edmonton Oilers get  rewarded with a new life ::D.

If I were Jim i would do it right away.

Not to mention that someone put in some brain to come up with this and making this deal needs some balls. You know.... ? .

Incredibly risky having another dud on the team. But those 2 1sts would be very valuable.

I highly doubt Aquaman would give up 24 million of HIS dollars for this though.

29 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I think I got somebody else on the Puistola train! One of my 2nd round targets for sure. Other 2nd round favourites of mine are Jakob Pelletier (if he falls), Jamieson Rees and Mikko Kokkonen.

I posted something similar last year after the first shift I saw from Q.Hughes. 

I predict we pick Puistola in the 13-18 range with our first and then find another solid defence man with our second. 

His skill and IQ are elite. His skating and power in his stride could be improved but that will come as he gets stronger. I see him as this years Kotkaniemi type riser. 

Everyone will freak out just like we did when Benning picked Elias Pettersson. Then in 2-3 years everyone will be excited and realize we picked the best player in that spot. 

Puistola Pettersson Boeser 

44 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I predict we pick Puistola in the 13-18 range with our first and then find another solid defence man with our second. 

His skill and IQ are elite. His skating and power in his stride could be improved but that will come as he gets stronger. I see him as this years Kotkaniemi type riser. 

Everyone will freak out just like we did when Benning picked Elias Pettersson. Then in 2-3 years everyone will be excited and realize we picked the best player in that spot. 

The only guy projecting this guy even goes in the first round is Scott Wheeler form the Athletic, our first is way to high to grab him with, second though maybe. 

2 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I was very high on Pettersson posting videos months before the draft and had him ranked and was praying Benning took Pettersson the most skilled player in my mind at 5th overall rather than another 200 foot player. Same thing this last draft where I preached skill and wanted Boqvist or Hughes. I had Boqvist slightly ahead his skating is almost as good as Hughes but his shot is like 3x better while being almost a full year younger.

With Kotkaniemi though before the season started he was ranked top 10 then went maybe 4 spots higher than he should have because of position.

I am a Puistola fan as you can tell the vids and praises I’ve been saying but late first is the highest I see him going. We’d trade down or get him with our 2nd.

Shouldn’t be taken before guys like Boldy, Soderstrom, or Brink which one should be there at our pick.

The worst part of making the playoff push (which I totally get Horvat leading the charge and what a boost it would be to the team morale) is that we have no shot at Bowen Byram. 

Offensive D (left sided unfortunately, but we can manage) from BC playing for the Giants, NHL draft held in Vancouver, and you can never have to many players named 'Bo'.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

The worst part of making the playoff push (which I totally get Horvat leading the charge and what a boost it would be to the team morale) is that we have no shot at Bowen Byram. 

Offensive D (left sided unfortunately, but we can manage) from BC playing for the Giants, NHL draft held in Vancouver, and you can never have to many players named 'Bo'.

We're strong on the left side anyways. A top winger (or center winger - draft is deep at C this year) is also a need, so you go at that this year, and hope you can find a RD gem amongst the next rounds or next year....JB and Bracket will find a good player regardless. And should we somehow squeak in, I think it may mean more than many fans realize. These guys making it in, even if they're out in 4 would really help them as a group mentally. After a very tough, up and down season, to still have made it, will reinforce what Green has been teaching them, don't quit, keep working, battle. It will pay dividends down the road when we're ready to actually compete. It will also toughen them up. The game changes, the boys need to learn how they will need to up their intensity, start being physical, deal with more physical play etc. It's nothing like Junior, they need to learn at this level. Whether we pick top 5 or #16 we'll still be fine.

And honestly, I would love to see them make it simply for Marky, that guy will have willed us in if we make it. He deserves it after the year he's had.

Edited by 40Dangles

The Canucks were poised to pick in the bottom 5-7 again, but lately they've been winning. They may end up picking in the #12-15 range the way things are going. More difficult to find an elite difference maker there. I have a feeling that this will be somewhat of a blessing in disguise and the Canucks will draft Newhook. I think this kid is going to be a difference maker. 

Newhook - Pettersson - Boeser

• Cheers 1

If we drop I think we will still find a quality player.  May force us into a Newhook, Broberg or Caufield type player which honestly could all be in contention for best player past Hughes, Kakko and Byram.  Either way I think we will still find a useful piece for our future.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Canucks were poised to pick in the bottom 5-7 again, but lately they've been winning. They may end up picking in the #12-15 range the way things are going. More difficult to find an elite difference maker there. I have a feeling that this will be somewhat of a blessing in disguise and the Canucks will draft Newhook. I think this kid is going to be a difference maker. 

Newhook - Pettersson - Boeser

If we are in the 12-15 then Id be tempted to either draft Soderstrom or trade down to the 25ish range and draft a guy like Seider and another in the 2nd/3rd round