The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin says "why not" for a return to Canucks for the 2020-21

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Do you want Nikita Tryamkin back?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Players last year in Utica with 1 way contracts, Megna, Chaput, and Biega

this coming season possibly Biega and Kero then tbd at training camp which and how many young guys push out established vets. 

Really 

pretty sure chaput was a 2 way

biega played 1 game in utica 

Nice  try though lol

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Really 

pretty sure chaput was a 2 way

biega played 1 game in utica 

Nice  try though lol

Capfriendly said one way. Biega was Utica bound until we lost half our defence for most the year...

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Capfriendly said one way. Biega was Utica bound until we lost half our defence for most the year...

You are correct about Chaput...   he was one a one way last year....

Wow, surprising the JB offered him that... Megma is on a . 2 way this year in Washington..... 

21 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

See: Moulson, Matt :lol:

My point is the canucks tend to keep players on one way deals on the NHL club...    Canucks tend to send down guys on 2 way deals......

Makes sense...

So when a player negotiates a one way contract.... that makes it more likely they can stick in the bigs...  

For sure it is not certain.... but i am saying more likely...

54 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yeah , canucks have so many in utica on nhl one way contracts 

quality humor today 

Utica bound on one way contracts........

1.....Tanner Kero

2......Alex Biega/ Ben Hutton/ Derrick Pouliot

3......Brendan Gaunce/ Brendan Leipsic/ Sam Gagner

more than just TK will end up in Utica on 'one way' deals. Anyone currently on the big club roster, except for Gaudette or Boeser, who gets sent down will be on a 'one way'. We currently have 25 listed on a 23 max roster ( healthy bodies ). It is common to have veterans on one ways for depth reasons. ( otherwise they head for Europe/ KHL )

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Too nice a day today for bowling.....

I am thinking to go and play bingo at  Whalley Budget Bingo..... this evening though...

Don’t forget to slather on the Drakkar and slam back a couple of Wildcats in the parking lot beforehand...

...because sarcasm is hard on the interwebs i graduated from a surrey high school so i’ve seen some things.

8 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

My point is the canucks tend to keep players on one way deals on the NHL club...    Canucks tend to send down guys on 2 way deals......

Makes sense...

So when a player negotiates a one way contract.... that makes it more likely they can stick in the bigs...  

For sure it is not certain.... but i am saying more likely...

Usually players with 2 way deals are not as good as players with 1 ways, so yeah, they get sent down more often.  The Nucks are not afraid to send a 1 way player down if they see that he is not playing at an adequate level.  Higgins.  Sigh

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Usually players with 2 way deals are not as good as players with 1 ways, so yeah, they get sent down more often.  The Nucks are not afraid to send a 1 way player down if they see that he is not playing at an adequate level.  Higgins.  Sigh

Higgy was an amazing player  He should never have been sent down.

9 goals in his 22 AHL games baby....  

Of course he was sent down when the season was pretty toast..  no ?

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Higgy was an amazing player  He should never have been sent down.

9 goals in his 22 AHL games baby....  

Of course he was sent down when the season was pretty toast..  no ?

Yeah, I agree (obviously). 

I seem to recall that he was really struggling to come back from injuries and (I read that) he'd lost his passion for the game.  He was finally bought out after the season.  He did try out with the Flames, but just couldn't pull it together.   Still lives in Van with his family.  He's a smart guy, so I still have hopes that he will return to hockey in some other aspect of the game.

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yeah, I agree (obviously). 

I seem to recall that he was really struggling to come back from injuries and (I read that) he'd lost his passion for the game.  He was finally bought out after the season.  He did try out with the Flames, but just couldn't pull it together.   Still lives in Van with his family.  He's a smart guy, so I still have hopes that he will return to hockey in some other aspect of the game.

Higgy and Malhotra are 2 of my all time favourite Canucks.  So much skill and classy players....

It would be awsome to see Higgy come work for the Canucks in some capacity.

25 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Higgy and Malhotra are 2 of my all time favourite Canucks.  So much skill and classy players....

It would be awsome to see Higgy come work for the Canucks in some capacity.

I hear there is an opening in the front office......

13 hours ago, Baggins said:

If a 'young gun' can't beat out Gagner he doesn't deserve the spot.

Shouldn't be hard to do if they are given a real opportunity...similar to what Phillip got.

Seen it before though, when a player outplays a vet, they still go with the vet (i.e., Archie, Stecher. etc)...not to mention the limited minutes the young guys get vs the vets; they're starting to come around though...when they finally realize it's a young man's game, we will be back in business and climbing out of the cellar back to the top.

7 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Players are assured spots on the team by one way contracts

any pro hockey athlete knows icetime is always earned

tree just wants the coach to treat the d men equally last time he got treated unfairly.  He knew it he left   Canuch coaching staff need to treat all the players fairly ... not only the vets 

It was clear that Tryamkin wasn't fit.  He refused to go to Utica to play himself into shape so he simply had to work out until he was deemed to be fit enough and a spot opened up for him.  Once he started playing his ice time gradually increased and he plateaued at the 17 minute range which is awesome for a rookie.

Thing is, he made great gains in his first year and I was baffled by his comments about not getting ice time.  My opinion?  His wife was calling the shots regarding going back to Russia and these comments were all about saving face.

The irony is that it's going to be a lot harder for him to crack the line up as time goes by.  First pair in the KHL is a far cry from even making a bottom tier team in the NHL.  Look at Philip Larsen, KHL All Star, can't stick with the Canucks.  Competition up and down the line up is much greater now than it was 2 years ago.

8 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

It was clear that Tryamkin wasn't fit.  He refused to go to Utica to play himself into shape so he simply had to work out until he was deemed to be fit enough and a spot opened up for him.  Once he started playing his ice time gradually increased and he plateaued at the 17 minute range which is awesome for a rookie.

Thing is, he made great gains in his first year and I was baffled by his comments about not getting ice time.  My opinion?  His wife was calling the shots regarding going back to Russia and these comments were all about saving face.

The irony is that it's going to be a lot harder for him to crack the line up as time goes by.  First pair in the KHL is a far cry from even making a bottom tier team in the NHL.  Look at Philip Larsen, KHL All Star, can't stick with the Canucks.  Competition up and down the line up is much greater now than it was 2 years ago.

No way trysmkin deseved to be sent down

just like no way boeser deserved to be scratched at season start

just canucks showing double standard to the rooks    And not holding the vets responsible 

20 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

No way trysmkin deseved to be sent down

just like no way boeser deserved to be scratched at season start

just canucks showing double standard to the rooks    And not holding the vets responsible 

Soooo, two coaches in a row are wrong and you are right.

Got it.

0d494d74c339f8cefc0b3ddb1148d81a.jpg

Archived