The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin says "why not" for a return to Canucks for the 2020-21

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Do you want Nikita Tryamkin back?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So decided to do some searching on him just to see if any news was out there and I found a couple things tbh. One is an article written by the Daily Hive Vancouver about a month ago, report is they had exchanged emails and this is what was said.

“I was a first-pairing D-man in Yekaterinburg this season, so I was pretty happy there.”

With added responsibility and trust from Yekaterinburg’s coaching staff, the blueliner took a big step forward. He recorded nine goals and 25 points in 51 KHL games, making an impact at both ends of the ice.

“I think the season was good,” he reflected. “I’d say it was a ‘B’, not an ‘A’ mark. I didn’t play very well at the end of the season, but I worked hard every day and did all my best.

“I work hard each and every day trying to get better and better in every aspect.”

“I looked after the Canucks’ games all season,” Tryamkin said. “It was easy because of the time difference – 12 hours from Vancouver to Yekaterinburg. I can wake up and watch the games or highlights.

“I’m still interested how the team plays.”

This begs the question: is he eyeing a return to the NHL?

“Would I like to come back? Why not,” Tryamkin said about his future plans. “It depends on many factors.”

That leaves the option of a return for the 2020-21 NHL season, but Tryamkin isn’t willing to jump back into the same situation that he left a year ago.

“Would I be needed by the Canucks after two years when my contract will expire?”

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nikita-tryamkin-return-canucks

The other thing that I read was regarding Goldobin and talks with Rick Dhaliwal and his friendship with Tryamkin a couple weeks ago, which basically sums up what was reported by the Daily Hive.

Some fans who want Tryamkin back and aren't big fans of Goldobin, may want to give the kid a chance!

Just to add he has 2 years left on his contract in the KHL that's why 2020-21 is when he can come back.

52 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Misleading thread title.   Far cry from him personally, unequivocally stating he wants to come back after KHL contract. 

Don't know what your trying to stir up, but I guess some people just have to do everything for some.

Tryamkin has two years left on his current contract — and he’s not allowed to leave in the midst of it to return to the NHL, since the two league’s don’t have an agreement in player transfers.

Please Goldy, we need you to become a really good NHLer. If it means Tryamkin comes back. LOL. I like Goldy, but I am having trouble supporting keeping him around based on his Yakupov-esque play. The skill is for sure there, but he needs to be more than just that. I don't want Tryamkin back if he thinks he can just have it his way. You have done nothing to earn superstar treatment. 

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The rate the team is rebuilding there may not be room for him when he gets back. If he bolted for personal reasons that's fine. But considering how weak the team in on defence. He would have gotten a chance to get top minutes if he just stuck around. 

They will make room for a huge, mobile defenceman.  Those kinds of players aren't common.

Plus if he comes back, I suspect he makes Gudbranson rather expendable.

10 minutes ago, kloubek said:

They will make room for a huge, mobile defenceman.  Those kinds of players aren't common.

Plus if he comes back, I suspect he makes Gudbranson rather expendable.

He would make the Pouliots, Huttons and Stechers more likely expendable .

1 hour ago, mikeyman109 said:

He would make the Pouliots, Huttons and Stechers more likely expendable .

Well the first two for sure because they play on the left side.  But unless we want two goons on the back end, if we got rid of Gudbranson it would actually help keep a spot open for Stecher.

I have a feeling we are going to rely a lot on Stecher this season.  I think he will have a career year, and by the end of it he will no longer be deemed expendable by many.

Anyway, I had already read this OP so I presume it already showed up in the Tryamkin thread.  (Which would have been a great place for this post regardless)

1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

The Tyanman and the Jett (Woo) may make an interesting D-paring. :) 

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

Well the first two for sure because they play on the left side.  But unless we want two goons on the back end, if we got rid of Gudbranson it would actually help keep a spot open for Stecher.

I have a feeling we are going to rely a lot on Stecher this season.  I think he will have a career year, and by the end of it he will no longer be deemed expendable by many.

Anyway, I had already read this OP so I presume it already showed up in the Tryamkin thread.  (Which would have been a great place for this post regardless)

Tryamkin may be a left shot, but he much prefers the right side. I believe his KHL games were all as right side dman. I don't recall him playing his 'natural' side with the Canucks.

1 minute ago, SingleThorn said:

Tryamkin may be a left shot, but he much prefers the right side. I believe his KHL games were all as right side dman. I don't recall him playing his 'natural' side with the Canucks.

Hughes, Tryamkin and Pouliot can all play their off side and it's likely that someone will have to play their off side somewhere down the line. Tryamkin or otherwise.

1 minute ago, SingleThorn said:

I knew this.  Duh.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Hughes, Tryamkin and Pouliot can all play their off side and it's likely that someone will have to play their off side somewhere down the line. Tryamkin or otherwise.

True ! I think McEneny is in that category too. Difference being that Tryamkin doesn't like the left side. The others ( I believe ) all prefer the left side.

4 hours ago, drummerboy said:

This has been discussed for a year in the Tryamkin thread. 

Including the interview you posted.  

Where is this thread I saw one back from 2017 asking if he will ever come back no one has posted in there since 2017, I did just see another one for a fan petitioning for him to come back, maybe that's the one you're talking about?

This also wasn't an interview it was e-mails as I wrote at the top, they just made it look like an interview, so it can't be the same because the one I saw was an interview regarding waiting 3 years and he didn't even say he would come back, this is from last month and he says he would like to come back, first time he's actually said this. The one from last year mentions how it would be 3 years before even considering him coming back, but this one talks about in 2 years they're a year different.

Archived