The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schools closed after threats to transgender child

Toews

6 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

And if you had completed your research you’d know that it usually passes by 14-16. It’s wrong to allow children to transition while they are that young. They are just furthering the affects of a mental illness. If they want to as adults then fine, their adults and can make their own decisions just don’t force me to call you by your “new gender”

And before I get jumped on for that comment my sister is transgender and is living as a male, I’ve researched a lot to try and understand what’s going on. And we have an agreement that I won’t use the male pronouns (against my religious beliefs) but I will call her by the name she has chosen.

So you're saying for your sister it didnt pass at 14-16 but its wrong to allow kids to make their own decisions because it might for them?

That's a rather confusing set of conflicting statements to make.

So is your sister then mentally unwell.  Or choosing to live her life the way she chooses?

And; for everyone, at what point did we stop talking about what horrible people these adults are in this thread and instead started attacking this child and their family?

Because by doing so; by so severely switching the topic of note you essentially green light these parents and non verbally support them.

And that aint right

16 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

And if you had completed your research you’d know that it usually passes by 14-16. It’s wrong to allow children to transition while they are that young. They are just furthering the affects of a mental illness. If they want to as adults then fine, their adults and can make their own decisions just don’t force me to call you by your “new gender”

And before I get jumped on for that comment my sister is transgender and is living as a male, I’ve researched a lot to try and understand what’s going on. And we have an agreement that I won’t use the male pronouns (against my religious beliefs) but I will call her by the name she has chosen.

'And before I get called out for my intolerance, let me explain how intolerant I am.'

27 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So you're saying for your sister it didnt pass at 14-16 but its wrong to allow kids to make their own decisions because it might for them?

So is your sister then mentally unwell.  Or choosing to live her life the way she chooses?

And; for everyone, at what point did we stop talking about what horrible people these adults are in this thread and instead started attacking this child and their family?

Because by doing so; by so severely switching the topic of note you essentially green light these parents and non verbally support them.

And that aint right

Religion is a cop-out.  I'm sure that if whatever deity he worships was able to advise him, they'd rather him not be a jerk to his sister than hide behind a book.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

even if that were true (which I doubt but a reference would be good) that doesn't include trans men.

and it doesn't matter, the protections afforded in the Charter allow you to figure these things out free of discrimination, up here anyway. 

I agree, people still deserve freedom and the right to live without the threat or act of violence.

It includes trans men too, they just aren’t nearly has often.

A simple google search can find many reports.  This has been researched significantly for the last 30-40 years; its only getting traction now for political reasons that I won’t discuss from the 3rd wave feminists.

One link of many

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

And that aint right

100% agree. Terrible abuse of a young adolescent.  It shouldn't be up for debate if Maddie is transitioning to early or what have you, regardless of the case the response by local parents is appalling. 

5 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

So it's the parents' fault that adults are threatening to castrate a 12 year old? 

&^@# right off with that noise.

Nope, I literally did not say that nor implied it. Totally misunderstood what I said, as expected. The intolerant left usually does that on this subject unless you show them your unwavering obedience. 

6 hours ago, Master Mind said:

To think all the people who made those posts have children. 

People like that shouldn't be allowed to breed.

"a knife will do the trick"

SMH - that's the same thinking as those against this child.

Mixed on this.

Teens aren't really in the best mindset to make life altering decision, yet at the same time they should have the right to do what they think is best for themselves.

That being said, gender dysphoria is a major cause for concern, but not applicable for every situation.  There are lots of cases of youngsters regretting transitioning at a young age as it may cause lots of physiological issues going forward....  and many others regretting not going for the change earlier.  

Transgender individual has one of the highest rate of suicide, but is it caused by how they get treated by society... or do they already have mental issues to begin with.  

I have no answers.... except that way more research should be done by everyone (medical staff, the individuals in question, parents, etc).  

All that being said.... much like other LGBTQ issues.... people get too riled up on situations that basically doesn't affect them in any way shape or form.  Just live and let live.  

8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Religion is a cop-out.  I'm sure that if whatever deity he worships was able to advise him, they'd rather him not be a jerk to his sister than hide behind a book.

As a person who identifies as a Christian, I always find it interesting that people who do not (I'm assuming you don't) often understand these things much better than those who do. 

9 hours ago, mpt said:

I agree, people still deserve freedom and the right to live without the threat or act of violence.

It includes trans men too, they just aren’t nearly has often.

A simple google search can find many reports.  This has been researched significantly for the last 30-40 years; its only getting traction now for political reasons that I won’t discuss from the 3rd wave feminists.

One link of many

no thats not the case but i can understand why it appears that way. You need to be careful picking and choosing papers off google. Things like the APA realizing that its not an illness precedes our current political situation. 

2 hours ago, nzan said:

As a person who identifies as a Christian, I always find it interesting that people who do not (I'm assuming you don't) often understand these things much better than those who do. 

whats to understand, you folks decide to choose a certain belief and want the rest of us to live with your choices. What are we missing?

Archived