The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calgary sportsnet host pokes fun at EP concussion

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

Ummm. Still a tool. His "apology" doesnt change the fact the guy is classless. 

It was a stupid attempt at an apology and Carcillo proved that in saying half hearted, but the fact he's admitting it was supposed to be humor just doesn't help the situation at all, why try and make humor out of a incident that caused a concussion in the first place just stupid.

50 minutes ago, Darius said:

looks like the chump is overwhelmed by the response

Interesting.  If his intent were to make fun of Matheson's actions - which might have explained the "humour" - you'd think he might point that out as his 'angle' - or that his humour was misinterpreted.  Doesn't necessarily seem to be the case in his apology.  

If he were sickened by the aftermath, you'd think a response a day later in that aftermath, would not be 'humour'.   Sometimes a weak response doesn't 'help'. 

33 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Alright gotcha fair enough, just wasn't sure that's why I asked, because you seemed to respond to it with how the Canucks response was or lack of it, but that had nothing to do with my quote, so was just curious that's all, all good!

yeah, I'm probably not making very clear points - I need a timeout lol.....(in the sunshine.)

6 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

Yee Ha and F U ,

Is this what the media has become but of course if it isn't that Puppet Notley it is some other Alberta GOOF!

Is TRUMP really influencing people to be ugly and ignorant,because this sounds like something he would say or do.

Don't really want to make this topic political, but not sure how you have missed how he has influenced many people since taking office to act like a douche, obviously it's mostly the U.S. but he has influenced many people unfortunately, but will keep this talk for Off Topic!

21 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It was a stupid attempt at an apology and Carcillo proved that in saying half hearted, but the fact he's admitting it was supposed to be humor just doesn't help the situation at all, why try and make humor out of a incident that caused a concussion in the first place just stupid.

Exactly. Toothpaste is out of the tube. He woke up this morning and put though into this idea for the contest. His attempt at an apology shows his lack of respect for the very seeds that sew his income. Fire him. 

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Poor taste, got in trouble and apologized for it.  Time to move on Canuck fans.  I am upset as the next person over EP40's concussion but no sense getting irate about things you can't control.

JUST RELAX | IF EVERYONE COULD RELAX NOW THAAT'D BE GREAT | image tagged in memes,that would be great | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

No $&!#. I see people have written letters to the station.... get a grip people.......

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

I don't know which is more repulsive - this media clown who thinks a dirty play that causes a concussion to this year's Calder favourite is funny, or the various "fans" on CDC who are ignoring the body slam that caused the injury and yammering on about how hits are part of the game, and this was EP's fault for not protecting himself. No actually, I do know - the "fans" who claim that there was no problem with what Matheson did are the most repulsive. I think those "fans" should stick with watching MMA.

Who has said that?

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Sorry, but I could not care less what random Canucks fans said/thought about the Hamonic injury.   Each person is only responsible for their own comments - I don't share an 'identity' with every Canucks 'fan' and can't be bothered to be 'embarrassed'.   Any random sample of any teams 'fans' can make anyone 'look good'.

This isn't about fans in a GDT on a message board in any event - the attention is nowhere near the same.

Nor do the comments of whomever you may be referring to make apologism for Francis' comments appropriate.  What 'professionals' say in their capacity as SN talking heads is not held to the same standard - I think that's what this thread is about - not 'fans'.

We'll agree to disagree on this ON

38 minutes ago, fabiogooseface said:

Holy butthurt! It was a joke. Lighten up guys geeze. 

8 minutes ago, Stelar said:

No $&!#. I see people have written letters to the station.... get a grip people.......

It's about respect for the players and respect for the sport. Some of his Twitter fans are kids that need to learn to treat fellow players with class. If you are in the public eye and your opinion is your job you need to stay classy and not poke fun of serious injuries. I'm sure his bosses gave him what for and that's why he has responded to his critics. 

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Poor taste, got in trouble and apologized for it.  Time to move on Canuck fans.  I am upset as the next person over EP40's concussion but no sense getting irate about things you can't control.

JUST RELAX | IF EVERYONE COULD RELAX NOW THAAT'D BE GREAT | image tagged in memes,that would be great | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Hey.....What's with the voice of reason?  Reading up on people completely losing their s*** over trivial things is how i entertain myself.....

....and you're ruining it.

Archived