The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calgary sportsnet host pokes fun at EP concussion

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

7 hours ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

As is evident in other threads, I am extremely upset about the "hit" by Matheson and I was really upset at the response by the Canucks...

But I have no problem with this.  It's just a joke, and I don't even think it is meant to be at "Pettersson's expense".  I think it is more of a comment on how the hit was more of a wrestling move than a hockey play, which I think we can all agree with.

I was listening to the Fan..this is how he meant it (see above)....it's more of a buttend to the NHL....then again, he did mention that Pettersson is a boyish and very light player and not many players could do that to another player because other players are heavier and the group he was talking to (including Kelly Hirsch) all laughed and laughed and laughed....just a bad joke/ contest no matter how you look at it.

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Have you been to those loser cities in the winter, or felt the stinking heat in the summer in TO, or the giant bugs in Calgary in their summer?  Every city in Canada, except the east coast, like Halifax, are jealous of us, because we get livable weather in all seasons, and they don't.  They are stuck inside, and are watching us count our flowers in winter.  In summer they get eaten alive by giant bugs.  I don't blame them for their jealousy.  I would be jealous too, if I was stuck in either of those two pimples on the arse of the world. 

Hey....I live in Calgary, in a lake community, spend more time in the winter at the lake then in the summer...they have two zambonis on the lake, which make three hockey rinks and a path all along the shore where you can go for a leisure skate, plus a tobaggan hill with lights, and a fire pit in a middle of another rink for just skating, plus ice fishing with a fully stocked lake of trout. There is more family stuff to do also...and in the summer boat rentals, wind surfing, swimming with a big wharf

Lived 6 years in Van city and over 20 years on the Island...41 years in BC (you're not finding more of a BC boy)....Calgary is pretty nice...one hour away from Banff....i.5 hr from Lake Louise   and great snowmobiling...never stuck in the house in the winter...only when Canuck games are on!

5 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Don't really want to make this topic political, but not sure how you have missed how he has influenced many people since taking office to act like a douche, obviously it's mostly the U.S. but he has influenced many people unfortunately, but will keep this talk for Off Topic!

I think it's less that he's influencing people to act douchey, and more like giving them permission to go public with it on a social media platform.. any exposure is good exposure, right?

anyways, off topic.. 

42 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Hey....I live in Calgary, in a lake community, spend more time in the winter at the lake then in the summer...they have two zambonis on the lake, which make three hockey rinks and a path all along the shore where you can go for a leisure skate, plus a tobaggan hill with lights, and a fire pit in a middle of another rink for just skating, plus ice fishing with a fully stocked lake of trout. There is more family stuff to do also...and in the summer boat rentals, wind surfing, swimming with a big wharf

Lived 6 years in Van city and over 20 years on the Island...41 years in BC (you're not finding more of a BC boy)....Calgary is pretty nice...one hour away from Banff....i.5 hr from Lake Louise   and great snowmobiling...never stuck in the house in the winter...only when Canuck games are on!

There's a world past Hope?

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Have you been to those loser cities in the winter, or felt the stinking heat in the summer in TO, or the giant bugs in Calgary in their summer?  Every city in Canada, except the east coast, like Halifax, are jealous of us, because we get livable weather in all seasons, and they don't.  They are stuck inside, and are watching us count our flowers in winter.  In summer they get eaten alive by giant bugs.  I don't blame them for their jealousy.  I would be jealous too, if I was stuck in either of those two pimples on the arse of the world. 

I'm not jealous....I love Vancouver but the rain blows so when I got paid twice as much and my house cost me 1/4 the price I couldn't pack fast enough. 

Cowtown...... 

yeah that’s a really seller...

why are people suprised that jealously and envy for the Canucks/BC these idiot Albertans only get to come here for Month or so in the summer then it’s back to “big sky country” aka nothing to see. Or “wild rose “ aka a weed. To shovel snow while We are out Hali fishing and enjoying the extended summer though October. 

Meh, all they got is a wrestling conversation cowboy hats and fake southern accents let the hicks have there fun. When little Johnny gets his we can take the high road while sitting at beach. 

13 hours ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

As is evident in other threads, I am extremely upset about the "hit" by Matheson and I was really upset at the response by the Canucks...

But I have no problem with this.  It's just a joke, and I don't even think it is meant to be at "Pettersson's expense".  I think it is more of a comment on how the hit was more of a wrestling move than a hockey play, which I think we can all agree with.

I understand people have different views of "funny" but there's one thing that shouldn't really be made into a joke. And that's someone's health. Concussions are no laughing matter. Period. Add into the fact this kid, yes kid, IS 19 YEARS OLD. To be laughing at this kid's potential concussion that can negatively effect his entire life from here on out is pretty disgusting. Joke wasn't even that funny, and I am someone that laughs are pretty F'd up jokes. A good dark joke isn't specific, it's very broad and not pointed at any one person. This joke is at Pettersson's expense and if you want to play that defense for him that he didn't mean it at Pettersson's expense then he's a F'ing idiot for thinking it wasn't.

NO POINT WORRYING ABOUT SOME SPORTS CASTER....Canucks like i said has to hither star players too...so did the rest of canucks think elias fell or lost an edge and crashed into boards..he should have told the trainer..the very next shift i would have took a high hit on their best player...i know its emotion but you need to just forget this one now and move on...its a good thing it was just that but still very bad...hope the kid recovers to 100 per cent..just in future games vancouver needs to play that way more often..long season injuries will occur but they have call ups...you need to play aggressive in a smart way and the effort i see is great..just need to get a bit smarter in hockey plays and the pesty style guys need to step it up.really like how the defence makes good out passes more often rather than skating it out..

Archived