The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calgary sportsnet host pokes fun at EP concussion

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

On 15/10/2018 at 3:22 PM, Silky mitts said:

Stupid &^@# I hope Johnny gaudreau gets hurt for the entire season 

Yup. If someone grabbed Gaudreau and slammed his head against the ice, I'm pretty sure this piece of human garbage would be upset about that.

1 hour ago, X-PatLostInEdm said:

Relax. Just pointing out that no city is Shangri-La. I grew up in the lower mainland, now I'm in Edmonton. There're both nice. You just have different problems, is all.

I agree we have different problems here.  I hate having to clean my wife's golf clubs in January, because she has an early tee-time.  Oh, and the stupid palm trees are in the way of my harbor view!  Yup.  We have problems too. 

On 16/10/2018 at 10:51 AM, Alflives said:

Interesting.  What are our shortcomings?  Our city is beautifully set on the ocean, with majestic mountains behind.  We have fabulous weather in all our seasons, which allow us to enjoy the natural gifts provided: ocean and mountains.  

1. Unaffordability.

2. Constant rain from Nov to April.

3. Ugly skyline due to generic overpriced condos used for laundered money.

4. Loss of character and soul.

5. Loss of small long-time businesses due to outrageous rents and property taxes.

6. Too transient and touristy and less and less community and family-oriented.

7. Homelessness.

8. Large increase of drug use.

9. Worst traffic congestion in North America. Bike lanes have made it worse.

10. Arrogant, conceited and self-righteous snobbery.

There you go.

48 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

No I was waiting for you to tell her... since you were dropping by to pat him on the back and tell him how wise you thought his comments were.

that's quite the narrative you've fabricated.

20 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

1. Unaffordability.

3. Ugly skyline due to genetic overpriced condos used for laundered money.

5. Loss of small long-time businesses due to outrageous rents and property taxes.

7. Homelessness.

There you go.

Even with all this, Calgarians choose to retire here.  Hmmmm. 

I guess freezing cold, and giant bugs are the trump cards?

To me the beauty of Canada is on the oceans.  The stuff in the middle is ... stuff in the middle to fly over on your way from one coast to the other.  That's me though.  I'm a snob. :rolleyes:  

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

To me the beauty of Canada is on the oceans.  The stuff in the middle is ... stuff in the middle to fly over on your way from one coast to the other.  That's me though.  I'm a snob. :rolleyes:  

well to be fair there are some pretty neat things in-between. I've driven Canada E-W twice, N-S Vancouver to Inuvik 3X and there's a lot to like. Other than Calgary of course. 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well to be fair there are some pretty neat things in-between. I've driven Canada E-W twice, N-S Vancouver to Inuvik 3X and there's a lot to like. Other than Calgary of course. 

I've done the trip, by car, twice too.  From Vancouver to the South shore of Nova Scotia.  Never in winter though.  And I knew to have plenty of bug goop during the summer.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I've done the trip, by car, twice too.  From Vancouver to the South shore of Nova Scotia.  Never in winter though.  And I knew to have plenty of bug goop during the summer.

its a pretty amazing trip - did you go the #1 the whole way or did you do the US cheat?

there's some things I don't miss about NS but its hard to beat a $4 lobster roll. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

as a british columbian trapped in calgary, trust me when I say I have no love for this city, but I'm not sure what huge bugs you're talking about ... you might be confusing calgary with winnipeg. it's too dry for large mosquitoes here. 

it would also be remiss of me not to mention that the pride of pitt meadows and canucks fan favourite brendan morrison has decided to retire in calgary, and troy brouwer is someone else from the lower mainland that immediately comes to mind as someone who makes his offseason home here. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I agree we have different problems here.  I hate having to clean my wife's golf clubs in January, because she has an early tee-time.  Oh, and the stupid palm trees are in the way of my harbor view!  Yup.  We have problems too. 

IKR!? I mean every morning before work I have to sweep all those petro-dollars that fell overnight off my walkway! CAN YOU EVEN CALL THIS LIVING?

I'm sure if Gaudreau was body slammed like that and no Flames players came to his aid, Canucks fans would be having a laugh today.

I'm also sure that if Green allowed some retribution for the dirty hit on Pettersson, the Canucks would not be made fun of as a result of the hit.

Green saying how pi**ed off he was lol. Yeah, okay, apparently not pi**ed off enough to want to fight back.

2 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

1. Unaffordability.

3. Ugly skyline due to genetic overpriced condos used for laundered money.

7. Homelessness.

There you go.

It's not even remotely close to the worst traffic in North America.  Have you not been to Seattle?????

he got a nasty response from everyone that saw it, including Botchford.  well deserved.  He made a fool out of himself and even Calgarians don't like him.  He is our Tony Ghallanger but much much much worse. He has a history of going off topoic, such as saying derogatory  things about the people of Vancouver and the city of all things when he can just focus on the Canucks.  He's a douchebag, and he wont last very long with sportsnet.

Archived