The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Dec. 27, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

33 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

I’ve got a friend who’s a big oilers fan. For years I endured “Sedin sister” crap, so McMuffin was born. My phone/iPad actually auto corrects to it now! 

Connie McMuffin sounds like an original six hockey player but it still works today :))

1 hour ago, Darth Canuck said:

Good, disciplined game. Damage was done in the first, rest of the game was to smother.

Motte is a beast!

McMuffin only had a couple dangerous rushes, that’s good coaching.

Anyone notice the Jake hammering McMuffin in the third? 

And Lucic not doing much when the Grub was on the ice? 

I certainly didn’t like Motte getting hit from behind into the boards by Nurse. That was in the danger zone and in the numbers. 

On to Calgary, that is going to be a tough game, gonna need everyone going!

Go Canucks! I believe!

I noticed the Canucks having the upper hand physically. After Lucy tried to hack away a rebound on Marky, Guddy gave him a sharp shot to the back and he skated away. Jake owned McDouchenozzle just like at the first Youngstars tournament. 

Edler set a record for hits with 10 (plus?) and was a force out there. As were Roussel and Beagle. 

The Canucks are far and away the better team. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Sutter and Baer are both very solid players coming back into line up.

EP Bo Sutter Beagle 

That's solid down the middle. This team will improve a decent amount with those 2 back in lineup.

Love it. All defensively responsible. Canucks are really going to be a pain in the ass to play against. 

If we stay healthy. Canucks will make the playoffs. We are going to witness something special in this era of Canucks hockey. 

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

Right up there with  Zarley Zalapski

Don't forget about Peter Zezel (RIP) 

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I noticed the Canucks having the upper hand physically. After Lucy tried to hack away a rebound on Marky, Guddy gave him a sharp shot to the back and he skated away. Jake owned McDouchenozzle just like at the first Youngstars tournament. 

Edler set a record for hits with 10 (plus?) and was a force out there. As were Roussel and Beagle. 

They just gotta continue to carry this physicality into each game and they just may have "upper hand" on other teams than the Oilers. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

If Vancouver can maintain their physical edge and combine it with lethal offensive outbursts, solid stifling defense, and airtight goaltending, they don't have many worries in this league. 

Travis has a great mind for hockey. This team is for real. 

I think once Sutter and Baertschi returns, as long as the team remains healthy, we will see how real this team is. 

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What about Pettersson giving Draisaitl the cheeky-sneeky shin-hook? Afterwards he took the gentle cross-checks like "yep, and go f yourself Drai-guy".

This team is fun to watch.

Archived