Leivo

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Biega Pouliot

Del Zotto Stecher (inj)

Markstrom

Nilsson

Waive Gaudette and Schaller

I like Sutter alot as  well as Eriksson but I hope that line never becomes a thing again.  Id much  rather see quicker guys like Motte, Roussel and to a lesser extent Virtanen on his wing.   

Also Id consider Leivo in the line up over Granlund, but he's better suited with offensive players.

Leivo Horvat Virtanen

Goldy Petersson Boeser

Baertschi Beagle Eriksson

Motte Sutter Roussel

granny

1) Travis Green : Hes got to be given a lot of the credit for the way the team plays. Jack Adams?

2) Thank god we don't have Edmontons ownership, management... etc. S$^t flows downhill.

3) Markstrom is finally the goalie we hoped he would be.

4) I watched the top goals from 2018 tonight.. Schaller had a beauty on there, who knows he could come around.

5) I, at this point, have to admit being wrong about Roussel, really like the fire he brings ala Dorsett or Burrows.

6) I wont trash McDavid, he is a kid, he is unreal too bad for his career that he is stuck in a tar pit.

7) We are lucky to have GM Jim Benning, its unfortuante that he had to learn how to be a GM under our watch but i expect he only gets better. There was a time that other GM's didnt seem to respect him, he couldnt make a move without massive scrutiny and its taken years for his work to pay off. I do feel it is easy to find mistakes but like i said he was only an assistant GM previously.

8) Nothing but love for Trevor Linden the player but now hes gone things are coming around. Either he bailed too early or he had a different vision, we havent really missed him.

9) There will always be injuries, with Sutter and Baer on the horizon it only gets better.

10) Heart. Playoffs? Draft picks? Quinn Hughes? All of it is exciting because there is finally a good coach, hard work and winning attitude. Its only up from here. Were not waiting for something or someone to rescue us from the misery and mediocrity of previous Canucks hockey collectives.

There is a nucleus in place here that is hockey worth watching. All the difficulty over the years makes this really enjoyable now.

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I like Sutter alot as  well as Eriksson but I hope that line never becomes a thing again.  Id much  rather see quicker guys like Motte, Roussel and to a lesser extent Virtanen on his wing.   

Also Id consider Leivo in the line up over Granlund, but he's better suited with offensive players.

Leivo Horvat Virtanen

Goldy Petersson Boeser

Motte Sutter Roussel

granny

Granlund is a better fit with Beagle than Baertschi.  Fwiw Green was criticising Calgary for using Baer on a checking line and Benning always says skilled players with skilled players.  The best approach is always to put players in roles where they can play their game and not ask them to fundamentally change how they think/play the game.  

16 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Leivo Horvat Virtanen

Goldy Petersson Boeser

Motte Sutter Roussel

granny

Your first mistake is thinking we are going to be fully healthy

1 hour ago, Cluminati* said:

Got stuck with the Oilers Sportnet broadcast as the only choice on gamecenter. Terrible play-by-play and totally biased commentary as usual. Not sure if it was a national broadcast feed or regional, would be sad if this is how they do things if it was broadcast across the nation. Missed Shorthouse today for sure!

Glad that the ‘guys with the fish on their chest’ (as they put it) stuck it to them Oilers. Go Canucks gooooo!

Was that the feed where they called Horvat's line "The 4th line"?:lol:

The strange thing is as someone mentioned during the time of our losing streak we were always ‘in it’. It still shocks me that we’re in the middle of the pack and close to a wildcard playoff spot and just as easily we could be near the top of the standings.

Anyone feel like we got a chance to be like the LA kings when they finished for the last western conference playoff spot?? I mean out of all there games, they were always losing games by just a single goal, never a blow out... then we all know what happened come playoffs! 

Let’s hope we make it to the playoffs because as of right now, any team for the Canucks are beatable.

Fingers crossed that we make the post-season and be the dark-horse to sweep em all!

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Remember on July 1st and the comments about the Roussel and Beagle signings? Remember when we traded Vanek and some were like "who?" and I remember many wanted to keep Vanek and were quite upset about the trade.

Can we finally not jump the gun on Benning's moves anymore? His drafting, trading and FA signings have all been questioned and aside from a few errors (no GM is perfect), he has done well in every aspect as a GM. Even contract signings like Horvat and Virtanen for example have been incredible.

You’re preaching to the choir here. All of the usual suspects are in gramma’s basement patiently waiting for a few losses. Fedor’s in the Ukraine, or some other god forsaken place still.

1 hour ago, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

1) Travis Green : Hes got to be given a lot of the credit for the way the team plays. Jack Adams?

2) Thank god we don't have Edmontons ownership, management... etc. S$^t flows downhill.

3) Markstrom is finally the goalie we hoped he would be.

4) I watched the top goals from 2018 tonight.. Schaller had a beauty on there, who knows he could come around.

5) I, at this point, have to admit being wrong about Roussel, really like the fire he brings ala Dorsett or Burrows.

6) I wont trash McDavid, he is a kid, he is unreal too bad for his career that he is stuck in a tar pit.

7) We are lucky to have GM Jim Benning, its unfortuante that he had to learn how to be a GM under our watch but i expect he only gets better. There was a time that other GM's didnt seem to respect him, he couldnt make a move without massive scrutiny and its taken years for his work to pay off. I do feel it is easy to find mistakes but like i said he was only an assistant GM previously.

8) Nothing but love for Trevor Linden the player but now hes gone things are coming around. Either he bailed too early or he had a different vision, we havent really missed him.

9) There will always be injuries, with Sutter and Baer on the horizon it only gets better.

10) Heart. Playoffs? Draft picks? Quinn Hughes? All of it is exciting because there is finally a good coach, hard work and winning attitude. Its only up from here. Were not waiting for something or someone to rescue us from the misery and mediocrity of previous Canucks hockey collectives.

There is a nucleus in place here that is hockey worth watching. All the difficulty over the years makes this really enjoyable now.

Very nicely put. Could not have said it better.

5 hours ago, therodigy said:

"How long until Markstrom has proven himself?"

If he hasn't already, he did tonight. 2 points stolen by Marky. 

Oiler fans can complain all they want about McDavid getting abused, missed calls, yadda yadda yadda... Petey was getting hit, crosschecked, and roughed up, and still came out with 2 points, including the GWG. 

A hilarious 1st, a sloppy 2nd, and a defensively sound 3rd for the boys in blue. GCG!

Simmer down there, Markstrom is on a heater right now and he's playing well, but he hasn't played at this level long enough or consistent enough to have "proven" himself just yet. As someone else put it, for Markstrom to really "prove it" at this point in his career, it's playing like a bonafide #1 for the remainder of this season and the next. Unfortunately for him, he's dug himself a pretty huge hole in terms of how a lot of fans view his skillset. 

I'm a big critic of him and am eagerly awaiting Demko and Dipietro, but for now he's giving me hope that he may just be able to continue his stellar play and give us a shot to make it to the post season this year. I'm hoping he gives me all the reasons in the world to bite my tongue about him until the end of the year.

5 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Goldobin Petersson Boeser

Granlund Sutter Eriksson

Motte Beagle Roussel

Leivo

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Biega Pouliot

Del Zotto Stecher (inj)

Markstrom

Nilsson

Waive Gaudette and Schaller

Why would you waive Gaudette?

3 hours ago, Green Building said:

I just love talking hockey with my buds who, prior to the season, were adamant that Beagle, Roussell, and Motte were not needed while I defended the signings. And by talking I mean smiling and nodding (1/4 smug) every time one mentions how good of a game one of the three is having. 

Have you noticed how quiet the section that was unhappy with the signings og Beagle, Roussel and Schaller have become... Beagle and Roussel together with Motte and Jake gives us lots hussle...

and Schaller is where he belongs....

canucks hockey is getting better by the day. 

5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

...Loui I will be nice to you on these boards so as long as you keep Petey happy.

Props to Eriksson for being a leader in this way and giving Pettersson some company on Christmas.

Archived