The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Edmonton acquires D Brandon Manning and D Robin Norell from Chicago inexchange for F Drake Caggiula and D Jason Garrison

Odd.

8 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

They want a team that will result in penalty filled games.........they are willing to trade power plays with other teams as that is where their (very modest) strength lies.

Man, glad I am not a fan of that team.

I suppose thats possible but if Hitch sends these guys out looking to rough up other star players it could really backfire. 

At this rate,the Oilers are looking to run McDavid out of town. They have given him no support and now they bring in his least favourite guy in the league to the team? In doing so, they also traded away one of his closest teammate. If the Oilers fail to make the playoffs this year, McDavid should demand a trade to a different city.

Some comments from the Oilers' Board............

FLEECED. AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

#CHIAOUT

as to be salary dump?

we aren't exactly loaded to the brim with LW, now we trade Cagg...

There HAS to be something else coming.  With Cagg gone we are down to 2 actual LW's, Lucic and Khaira.

Drake was doing better than Manning though not by much. We lose another one. 

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

Some comments from the Oilers' Board............

FLEECED. AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

#CHIAOUT

as to be salary dump?

we aren't exactly loaded to the brim with LW, now we trade Cagg...

There HAS to be something else coming.  With Cagg gone we are down to 2 actual LW's, Lucic and Khaira.

Drake was doing better than Manning though not by much. We lose another one. 

Lol I was reading the posts there - not sure why some fans think its a cap dump - isn't Caggulia making 1.5 mil a year?

39 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I'd feel bad for McDavid but he signed up for this.

Why would anybody with mega star status sign long term ( 8 years ) in a small market, I would of traded off some salary for the longer term big market bonanza.

1 hour ago, ruilin96 said:

At this rate,the Oilers are looking to run McDavid out of town. They have given him no support and now they bring in his least favourite guy in the league to the team? In doing so, they also traded away one of his closest teammate. If the Oilers fail to make the playoffs this year, McDavid should demand a trade to a different city.

I would if I were him. Can't believe Edmonton would trade for a guy who admitted he injured him on purpose. but then again it is Chiarelli so I can believe it.

Archived