The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Edmonton acquires D Brandon Manning and D Robin Norell from Chicago inexchange for F Drake Caggiula and D Jason Garrison

Odd.

21 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Told Chiarelli tried to include Ryan Spooner in one of the deals he made Sunday, to no avail.

The Spooner-for-Ryan-Strome deal that seemed regretful at the time is, alas, regretted.

Spector's opinion counts for very little.  He is a sensationalist at the best of times.

The deal in the same conversation they regret, I'm sure, is Eberle for Strome.  Strome was a disappointment in Edmonton. And had to be moved to make way for McDavid's contract. I suppose the other deal they regret, is signing Looch. They could have kept at least Strome without that second (well, depends where you start the count, not touching Hall ATM) blunder. Eberle's speed should have been a natural when you bring in McDavid.  

Because they probably could not trade Lucic! Either due to his clause, or the fact he is too slow for Edmonton. Or that he sulks? Their best loss remaining was on Strome.  

1 hour ago, Whaleroad Train said:

Edmonton. It's like watching the Titanic sinking and then seeing the ships crew drilling holes in the bottom to try and save it from going down.

Perhaps Gassy Jack had a "sinking feeling" that something was in the works when he created the image in the Soilers GDT!  :lol:

Chia is a tool. Anyone catch that interview with McDavids mom last week. She took a little jab at the Oilers for having the fathers trip two years running now but not a single mothers trip to date for her. Brutal, just brutal. We are a big hockey family and I tell you Moms are everything. That franchise is a joke.

Went from McDavid, Draisaitl, Hall, Eberle, RNH, Caggiula to just McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH in like two seasons. Lol. What's worse is they have Lucic for four more seasons. It looks like he should retire by the end of the season. 

28 minutes ago, khay said:

Went from McDavid, Draisaitl, Hall, Eberle, RNH, Caggiula to just McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH in like two seasons. Lol. What's worse is they have Lucic for four more seasons. It looks like he should retire by the end of the season. 

Wow I never looked at it that way. He has completely deteriorated their roster. How isnt there bags of dog crap on his front door?

This is just as bad as the Keenan years for the Canucks. Bad times ahead in Coil town.

5 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Wow I never looked at it that way. He has completely deteriorated their roster. How isnt there bags of dog crap on his front door?

This is just as bad as the Keenan years for the Canucks. Bad times ahead in Coil town.

Imagine how much more they would suck without McDavid 

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Spector's opinion counts for very little.  He is a sensationalist at the best of times.

The deal in the same conversation they regret, I'm sure, is Eberle for Strome.  Strome was a disappointment in Edmonton. And had to be moved to make way for McDavid's contract. I suppose the other deal they regret, is signing Looch. They could have kept at least Strome without that second (well, depends where you start the count, not touching Hall ATM) blunder. Eberle's speed should have been a natural when you bring in McDavid.  

Because they probably could not trade Lucic! Either due to his clause, or the fact he is too slow for Edmonton. Or that he sulks? Their best loss remaining was on Strome.  

Exactly.  Strome sucks.  Moving him for Spooner was a meh move - lateral at worst - and not the problem.

Anyway, this is one fun tire fire to watch.

Can't help but remember how smug-ass Spector was when they won the lottery yet again - he was all-in assuming that you can lottery your way to championships - and he felt compelled to mock Calgary's failed rebuild.

Edmonton might be the longest, most incompetent gong-show I've ever witnessed in sport.

27 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Exactly.  Strome sucks.  Moving him for Spooner was a meh move - lateral at worst - and not the problem.

Anyway, this is one fun tire fire to watch.

Can't help but remember how smug-ass Spector was when they won the lottery yet again - he was all-in assuming that you can lottery your way to championships - and he felt compelled to mock Calgary's failed rebuild.

Edmonton might be the longest, most incompetent gong-show I've ever witnessed in sport.

A year or so ago, it looked like they might finally have some later round success in the draft?  Jones is playing games.  I (mistake I guess) thought Ethan Bear was also on his way? And one or two others on D. Not to mention pool party & even Yamamoto's glow has dimmed up front.  (Way too early to worry about him, just saying).

Is it just that guys don't develop with their system?

Or were they bad picks.

Or is there still soup to be had stewing a little more...

Archived