The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Datsyuk could return to the NHL - Agent

40Dangles

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'd rather be just stays retired and leaves his legacy intact.  We already have the next Datsyuk in EP40.

It honestly drives me nuts when people say he's Datsyuk 2.0

Pavel didn't play in the NHL until he was 23 years old. Pavel got 35 points in 70 games played as a 23 year old. Pavel didn't become a point per game player until after the lockout in 2005-2006 when he had turned 27 years old and developed more.

Elias is 20 years old and has 44 point 39 games as a rookie...

Yea sure the homer in me will forever hate anyone linked to the 2002 Detroit team but I'm not out of line when I say Elias and Pavel comparisons are way off

They don't look alike, Elias is 3" taller, they aren't both from the elite land of Sweden...

One thing I'll admit is that a small guy like Pavel or Elias is much better off in todays NHL than in 2002 when it was no holds barred lol ... so maybe Pavels numbers should be a little better. But still I don't like the comparisons.

10 minutes ago, apollo said:

Pavel didn't play in the NHL until he was 23 years old. Pavel got 35 points in 70 games played as a 23 year old. Pavel didn't become a point per game player until after the lockout in 2005-2006 when he had turned 27 years old and developed more.

Yea sure the homer in me will forever hate anyone linked to the 2002 Detroit team but I'm not out of line when I say Elias and Pavel comparisons are way off

They don't look alike, Elias is 3" taller, they aren't both from the elite land of Sweden...

One thing I'll admit is that a small guy like Pavel or Elias is much better off in todays NHL than in 2002 when it was no holds barred lol ... so maybe Pavels numbers should be a little better. But still I don't like the comparisons.

I believe the comparisons are more so about his dexterity, evasiveness, dual offensive threat (passing and shooting), brilliance in the defensive zone, and insane hockey IQ. If you look at both of their goals, they always go top corner. 

2 hours ago, apollo said:

More talking about playing style.  Both were super creative offensively while playing a strong 200 foot game.

On 1/23/2019 at 2:13 PM, Alflives said:

He was a top player, that's for sure.  Maybe he misses the competition here too? 

Datsyuk is a student of the game. Probably he figures he can still learn a thing or two, now that Petey is in the NHL.

After all, the quote Sam Hallam (with some slight alterations): “Datsyuk will not teach Elias Pettersson anything about the game of hockey, he will teach Datsyuk.”

Archived