The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) DiPietro Called Up?

Pears

10 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Maybe they are just trying to get a better evaluation on what his real level of readiness is, in case of an injury to Markstrom or Demko. Might also be evaluating whether they need to shop for more goalie depth at the deadline.

There is no way they are considering as more than a temporary measure.  I'm a huge DiPietro fan but he needs to finish the year in junior and hopefully go on another deep playoff run.

16 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There is no way they are considering as more than a temporary measure.  I'm a huge DiPietro fan but he needs to finish the year in junior and hopefully go on another deep playoff run.

Doesn't hurt to get a few practices in with an NHL roster though. If the rules allow it, it's the right thing to do given it's likely to be pretty short term.

4 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Doesn't hurt to get a few practices in with an NHL roster though. If the rules allow it, it's the right thing to do given it's likely to be pretty short term.

Yeah I'm fine with it short-term.  Kid's had a pretty damn eventful career before turning pro with a Memorial cup, World Hockey Championship, WJHC, and now a callup to the NHL.   Clark should be able to show him a few things.

Archived