The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson NOW officially The WORST PLAYER in the League

RU SERIOUS

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

If logic is emotion or interpretation of opinion, then everyone here is logical. Even if someone came in and called for us to hire Mike Milbury would be deemed logical at that point, at least in his mind.

It kind of raises the question though of what actually is logic? Is it supposed to be a general consensus of what makes sense? Hockey's a rather intangible thing to analyze, and people try and fail with analytics all the time, yet in their minds, they too are logical.

(Wow, why am I suddenly a philosopher? What did I have for breakfast this morning again?....)

I think the problem - at least in part - is that logic is a discipline in philosophy.....

However, when you google "logic":

1) you get the wiki of a musician

2) top stories and images of said musician

3) Bobby Bestseller's twitter

4) Logic: Supermarket album review

5)  Logic's instagram photos

6) Logic Merch - official store.

7)  Logic - Home - Facebook

and 8) I read Logic's Books - the FADER

And that's the end of page one, and no one goes to page 2 lol.

"Logic" is personality / subjectivity, merchandise, instagram photos.

Just now, oldnews said:

I think the problem - at least in part - is that logic is a discipline in philosophy.....

However, when you google "logic":

1) you get the wiki of a musician

2) top stories and images of said musician

3) Bobby Bestseller's twitter

4) Logic: Supermarket album review

5)  Logic's instagram photos

6) Logic Merch - official store.

7)  Logic - Home - Facebook

and 8) I read Logic's Books - the FADER

And that's the end of page one, and no one goes to page 2 lol.

"Logic" is personality / subjectivity, merchandise, instagram photos.

The irony is I'm a computer science student, where "logic" is also a more tangible idea such as:

"I should be doing my homework."

"Because I am here talking about logic and doing homework, I am not doing my homework at the moment."

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

The irony is I'm a computer science student, where "logic" is also a more tangible idea such as:

"I should be doing my homework."

"Because I am here talking about logic and doing homework, I am not doing my homework at the moment."

Computer scientists, at least you'd think/hope, would have a better than average conception of how integrated logic and 'mathematics' are....

As you've identified, more time here means less time actually...learning.  I wish I could grasp that.

Just now, oldnews said:

Computer scientists, at least you'd think/hope, would have a better than average conception of how integrated logic and 'mathematics' are....

As you've identified, more time here means less time actually...learning.  I wish I could grasp that.

To be fair, mathematics in computer science is typically different than in actual mathematics. Some things are the same, but we prefer labels like "fuzzy logic" and "thunks" because who really has the time for fancy naming?

Fun random fact: Every time a pixel changes on your screen = matrix multiplication. ;)

Overall, although I think Green's coaching systems could use a serious overhaul and he could have gotten better from Gudbranson, I would have to say the Gudbranson trade was a good one for the team.

Tanner Pearson has clearly found a home here... he is young, and will fit in... maybe not permanently in a top six role, but he can play down the lineup too.

It's a done deal, its over and time to move on.

On 4/4/2019 at 12:03 AM, TheRealistOptimist said:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/gudbranson-thriving-penguins-canucks

Here's an article talking about how he's played since getting traded.

Thanks for sharing that.  After reading this, it looks like Gud is a third line defensmen on the Pens with 3rd line minutes and no shutdown duties and in the eastern girls conference playing with a very good partner that's making him look better than how really bad he is.   He's still a bum - sorry !

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Thanks for sharing that.  After reading this, it looks like Gud is a third line defensmen on the Pens with 3rd line minutes and no shutdown duties and in the eastern girls conference playing with a very good partner that's making him look better than how really bad he is.   He's still a bum - sorry !

Sounds like you already have your mind made up, regardless of what any article says. So I'm not going to go back and forth with you.

On 4/6/2019 at 9:41 PM, *Buzzsaw* said:

Overall, although I think Green's coaching systems could use a serious overhaul

We hear this kind of thing a lot on these boards - but people making this claim have never answered the following - feel free to tell us what those systems are and which ones need to be 'overhauled'.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, RU SERIOUS said:

After tonight's game with the Islanders, it is now official that Gudbranson is the worst defenseman in the league ranked #300 out of 300 and worst player in the league ranked #855 out of 855 with his 'stratospheric' and downright embarrassing plus/minus rating of Minus -27.

Perhaps it's time to wrap him up with some of the other endlessly injured, lazy and deadwood/senior citizens players on the team (Erikson, Suter, Pooalot, Virtanen and Edler)  and make trade before trade deadline !  I can't imagine another hopeless season watching him ruin games.  TIME FOR CHANGE!  The season is almost over and here we are ranked 26th - AGAIN !

Something has to change - we've been waiting for eight long years !

who cares about Guddy being good or bad now, can we move on now and watch the change already?

14 hours ago, D-Money said:

Ouch...Guddy just got hurt, wasn't putting weight on his leg. Might be done.

I thought players wouldn't get injured by cheap plays if Guddy was on the ice because he is so scary.  

Wasn't that the main argument for his value for this team.

On 4/10/2019 at 7:50 PM, iceman64 said:

who cares about Guddy being good or bad now, can we move on now and watch the change already?

You are responding to a post from February, from before Gudbranson was even traded... I think that poster probably moved on a while ago.  You might want to consider it if you are digging back that far in order to get worked up.

Archived