The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Erik Gudbranson to Penguins for Tanner Pearson

HerrDrFunk

Loved Guddy as a person and leader, but it's time to move on.

Times are changing and defense needs to be quicker. Whole d needs an absolute revamp

I get the lack of toughness argument, but that can't be the sole reason to justify a 4 million dollar 6th dman.

Schenn can easily make up for it in the time being. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, aGENT said:

He's also WAY worse at hockey than the guy everyone wants to crucify.

I would think that Schenn will sits in the press box a lot. You can do that with 700,000 grand. 

Guddy was a high character guy who just never got it together here. I personally hope he does very well in Pittsburgh. Now I hope that this club uses the room for some kids. Probably not though.

Just now, appleboy said:

I would think that Schenn will sits in the press box a lot. You can do that with 700,000 grand. 

Guddy was a high character guy who just never got it together here. I personally hope he does very well in Pittsburgh. Now I hope that this club uses the room for some kids. Probably not though.

Really?

Who do you think is playing right D for us the rest of the season?

Stecher, Biega and.....

1 minute ago, Thanos said:

Loved Guddy as a person and leader, but it's time to move on.

Times are changing and defense needs to be quicker. Whole d needs an absolute revamp

I get the lack of toughness argument, but that can't be the sole reason to justify a 4 million dollar 6th dman.

Schenn can easily make up for it in the time being. 

Schenn is a punching bag.

dana murzyn 2.0

absolutely no deterrent.

5 minutes ago, DooBie604 said:

Off the top of my head...Getzlaf when he hit Virtanen. Haley when he was running around hitting our guys. The punch on Martel after the EP hit. 

Dont discount what he did just cause you have hate for the guy. And intimidation isnt always fighting. Its verbal too. If you had some guy like Guddy saying he will come after you I would be a lot more scared than Motte saying it to me. 

His defense was suspect and he had an awful first pass but he was playing way above the minutes he should have been playing. Doesnt mean he wasnt intimidating just being in the line up. 

You talk like no one even cared he was there which was not true. 

You're putting words in my mouth. I don't hate him at all, not sure where you're getting that from.

He didn't do enough to deserve 4mil/year.

Last year, he looked like he could build on what he brought to the team. He didn't.

He also became a liability, much like Edler did.

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Ultimately this trade confirms the Gudbranson trade in '16 was a mistake. But im glad Benning was able to recognize it hasnt worked & finally move on.

Didn't need to wait almost 3 years to realize it was a mistake.

It was a mistake from second #1, completely baffling move from the start that never should have been made.

Would be nice to have Debrincat or Kyrou right now (not to mention McCann or maybe a draft pick in his place, which he should have been traded for).

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tystick said:

You're putting words in my mouth. I don't hate him at all, not sure where you're getting that from.

He didn't do enough to deserve 4mil/year.

Last year, he looked like he could build on what he brought to the team. He didn't.

He also became a liability, much like Edler did.

Ok that part I agree with you. I just dont agree that people say he wasnt intimidating just being in the line up. 

1 minute ago, naslundfan921 said:

So when Virtanen comes back, Spooner goes down to Utica to take Dahlen's spot and when Hughes' College season ends he comes in to theoretically take Guddy's spot. That's roughly the roster math right?

We had no shortage of spots on the blueline with Edler and Tanev merry go rounding in and out of the lineup with injuries.

Just now, DooBie604 said:

Ok that part I agree with you. I just dont agree that people say he wasnt intimidating just being in the line up. 

He had his impact to some degree, but was much more effective when Tryamkin was around.

Not sure what happened to him but at the end of the day, we escaped that contract.