The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Erik Gudbranson to Penguins for Tanner Pearson

HerrDrFunk

Im so happy people a recognizing the huge gaping hole we had/have with toughness, theres a complete green light

to take liberties on this team now. Roussel cannot bear the weight alone. I hope Tryamkin is coming back next year 

thats all i have to say. My wouldnt Archibald be handy right now good thing we have Motte instead.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Officially back to ZERO toughness on the roster. Keep your head up EP and I hope you make it out of this season in 1 piece. 

Brian Burke didn't like the trade.  You need some sheep dogs around the sheep.  Beagle and the Bulldog are not good enough Brian?

EP40 is sad because they traded his bodyguard and also his best friend -Dahlen.

Hamonic is happy.  Choirboy Tkachuk has free reign on EP40 and Markstrom.  EP40 needs to take boxing lessons from Gino.  He can do it all.

• Upvote 1

Big Mac looked pretty good in his first fight in the NHL.  I believe the guy he fought was San Jose's heavyweight.  We also have Jonah Gadjovich in the minors who is a face puncher.  

Gudbranson was somewhat of a deterrent to other teams, but honestly his play was awful.  Schenn will be fine until the end of the year.  If his play sucks it just means we lose more games and have a better shot at Hughes or Kakko.  This year is officially a write off now.  No new additions and our top pairing D is injured.  

Well, I guess Pearson is Pettersson's new LWer. Canucks needed better LWers anyway, as I'm assuming Baertschi will be rendered a non-factor in the future. Dahlen is now gone, so I guess they're really banking on Goldobin becoming something special.

Pearson - Pettersson - Boeser

Leivo - Horvat - Goldobin

hmmm

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Don't disagree, but Gudbranson’s toughness will be missed. 

Yeah.  Pearson is a digger though. Awesome pickup, honestly.  One of the kind of wingers LA had a bunch of.  Gudbranson was too inconsistent in toughness, and offense.  This was a fleecing, to be honest.  Maybe he does Gud in Pittsburgh. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, xereau said:

Yeah.  Pearson is a digger though. Awesome pickup, honestly.  One of the kind of wingers LA had a bunch of.  Gudbranson was too inconsistent in toughness, and offense.  This was a fleecing, to be honest.  Maybe he does Gud in Pittsburgh. 

I like Pearson a lot, just not a fan of our lack of toughness and  Schenn isn't much of a Guddy toughness replacement

• Upvote 3