The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Erik Gudbranson to Penguins for Tanner Pearson

HerrDrFunk

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Petey, Boeser. Lievo, Goldy, Pearson , Virtanen and Horvat.   Lets make two lines out of that. I forgot Roussel.

I guess Green will play Schenn. I of coarse would like to see Brisebois. Sautner will be a regular for the rest of the year.

I had a feeling Schenn made EG replaceable. I really liked his toughness in Toronto. Seriously scrappy and tough player.

9 minutes ago, nergish said:

So their contracts are nearly identical?

Happy to move away from Guddy.... but what do we actually gain in Pearson?

Pearson has 2 years left, Guddy has 3. I’m so glad that Rutherford stepped up and made the deal, I like Guddy’s personality and grit but just couldn’t watch him make the same mistakes over and over. Guddy played himself off the team, he’s the only one to blame for this 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, bad alice french said:

I had a feeling Schenn made EG replaceable. I really liked his toughness in Toronto. Seriously scrappy and tough player.

All the people that hated Guddy are going to HATE Schenn. People thought Guddy got walked by faster forwards.... :shock:

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Petey, Boeser. Lievo, Goldy, Pearson , Virtanen and Horvat.   Lets make two lines out of that. I forgot Roussel.

I guess Green will play Schenn. I of coarse would like to see Brisebois. Sautner will be a regular for the rest of the year.

Pls don't use coarse language..there are little'uns eh?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Guddy didn't stand up for anyone like he did last year, that was his one job.

Off the top of my head...Getzlaf when he hit Virtanen. Haley when he was running around hitting our guys. The punch on Martel after the EP hit. 

Dont discount what he did just cause you have hate for the guy. And intimidation isnt always fighting. Its verbal too. If you had some guy like Guddy saying he will come after you I would be a lot more scared than Motte saying it to me. 

His defense was suspect and he had an awful first pass but he was playing way above the minutes he should have been playing. Doesnt mean he wasnt intimidating just being in the line up. 

You talk like no one even cared he was there which was not true. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Uhhhhh wut....?:blink:

Lol Bob lost a lot of credibility with me on this comment. What it tells me is that he's not been watching Vancouver games and he's not been watching Goody in particular.

Goody is a great guy off the ice I'm sure but a total disaster on it.

He's gone gone gone!

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

All the people that hated Guddy are going to HATE Schenn. People thought Guddy got walked by faster forwards.... :shock:

Yeah I'd take Gudbranson of the two. Schenn on the 2 way and not requiring expansion protection etc... Trade just makes sense. Clearsb a spot for an up and comer or UFA and puts some coin back in the bank.

Some highlights from penguin's fans:

"Pearson isn't a bad player and Gudbranson is way worse than a bad player. This is horrendous for the Penguins. This is probably the worst deal a Penguins GM has made in the last 10 years."

"This has been the most disheartening 3 days in Pens history that I can remember."

"This and JJ are the worst deals made in the Sid Era. Absolutely amazing."

"I literally can't find any good in this trade."

Source: hfboards

Im enjoying myself

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

Seems to me that tough guys are a dime a dozen in this new NHL, we could get one in a hurry if we needed one. Cheap shots on our best players can easily be converted to cheap shots on theirs in the meantime. You don’t need a tough guy for that. For what they were paying for Guddy versus the return on his performance overall, this was a decent trade.  JB will focus on defence once the season is over, as Pouliet is not coming back and Hughes and OJ will come in, maybe a free agent signing.

• Upvote 1