The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Erik Gudbranson to Penguins for Tanner Pearson

HerrDrFunk

18 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Do people really think Tryamkin is going to come back here? Really??? He's good friends with Goldobin, and with Goldobin being the whipping boy and being scratched now all the time, you really think Tryamkin wants to come back and deal with that again.... The way Goldobin has been used this year can pretty much guarantee Tryamkin is not coming back here.

i think in this instance, when they use the term “good friends”, it just means that they have the same first language. 

If tryamkin wants to come back to the nhl, for real, it wont be vancouver. He doesnt like the city and was very vocal about it. Nothing will change now that mary jane is legal. He didnt like that he had to work for ice time, and didnt understand when he needed to work on something to get that time. 

Keep the entitled off the team. Trade him when he does want to earn a real paycheck. 

• Upvote 1

But seriously, how many 3rd line wingers to we have now? Roussel, Leivo, Spooner, Goldobin, Pearson. Seems like Benning is just taking swings at random projects and hoping for something that something sticks. 

I still like the deal, as Gudbranson was as useless as t&ts on a bull, but still, I find Benning's strategy on finding LWs to be a bit lackluster.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Petey’s been concussed already and gets manhandled nightly. Guddy was not deterring anything.

You never know how much he deterred until he’s gone. Can’t tell me Colorado wouldn’t have taken a run at him the 2nd game he lit them up if they weren’t afraid. The difference now is that there is absolutely no chance of being held accountable if you elbow a Canuck. Maybe a 2 game suspension by the player safety committee.

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Petey’s been concussed already and gets manhandled nightly. Guddy was not deterring anything.

This... " I wish I played better..."

He didnt stand up to Martin at first. Miller did. Did nothing to Matheson...

Sorry. I think we won this trade.

36 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

The best detriment that a team can have is a good PP that can make the opposing team pay when some goon takes a run at one of our stars.

We're now soft as hell with a terrible PP though. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Freeridebc said:

This... " I wish I played better..."

He didnt stand up to Martin at first. Miller did. Did nothing to Matheson...

Sorry. I think we won this trade.

Matheson ducked Horvat, what the hell makes you think he'd fight Gudbranson... :lol:

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

But seriously, how many 3rd line wingers to we have now? Roussel, Leivo, Spooner, Goldobin, Pearson. Seems like Benning is just taking swings at random projects and hoping for something that something sticks. 

I still like the deal, as Gudbranson was as useless as t&ts on a bull, but still, I find Benning's strategy on finding LWs to be a bit lackluster.

Yip. But we are shopping for bargains with an empty wallet. 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

I'm sceptical that Pearson is a top-six guy on a good team but I do think he can be a useful piece a bit further down the lineup.  Have to think this might increase chance that Tanev gets re-signed at some point.

You mean when he played with carter in LA and won the cup?  his play has dipped since his contract, but maybe he can find his scoring again with EP and BB. 

form this website https://thehockeywriters.com/la-kings-tanner-pearson-not-performing/

"During the 2013-14 season, Pearson played a prominent role with the Kings, seeing 25 games of regular season action. He also developed a lethal partnership with Toffoli and star center Jeff Carter to form the famed “That 70s Line”. All donning numbers in the 70s, the towering trio were skilled, physical and hungry. Their efforts helped propel the Kings to a historic second Stanley Cup in three seasons later that summer. Pearson certainly did his part during this fairy tale run by tallying 12 points in 24 games."

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Need to trade quality to get quality. Would you trade Hughes and a pick for Stone in our position?