The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jonathan Dahlen to Sharks for Linus Karlsson

1 minute ago, VanGnome said:

6'1", 187 lbs. 19 years old, right handed C. Character guy, sounds like he reads the game like Petey. Maybe its a potential 1C to play with Petey moving to the wing?

Source? Not trying to be rude, but I'm hearing the exact opposite. I keep hearing heavy shot, works hard, wins battles, doesn't think the game great.

Just now, shayster007 said:

Source? Not trying to be rude, but I'm hearing the exact opposite. I keep hearing heavy shot, works hard, wins battles, doesn't think the game great.

Most scouting reports have him as thinking the game really well in the offensive end, but needing work defensively still.

He knows how to get open.

Just now, BananaMash said:

Most scouting reports have him as thinking the game really well in the offensive end, but needing work defensively still.

He knows how to get open.

Ok cool. I honestly have no idea who this kid is so I'm just trying to do as much reading up as possible because I quite liked Dahlen.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

Oh, definitely. I would compare Karlsson's game sort of to Horvat from a few years ago when he was strong in the offensive end but struggled at times in his own zone.

He has the tools to be something really good though.

So we traded a Nichushkin for a Horvat. BananaMash confirmed. 

There must be more to the Dahlen trade than we know. He was struggling to find his game in the AHL, and for reasons he wasn't going to get much of a shot here. They rolled back the calendar 2 years and now have this other Swedish kid doing well in the Swe-1 league. Only issue I can see is he's a C. Will he be able to find a spot here as well when the time comes? Could he eventually be used as trade bait?

Sorry to see Dahlen go, but welcome Karlsson

Wtf? 

Just saw this now. 

Too many people were over hyped and too high on Dahlen even when he was in  Sweden.

They thought this kid would come over and make the nhl quickly. 

I was never one of those guys.. Dahlen is a ways away and may never be an NHLer.

Time to read up on this Karlsson kid. 

Don't know anything about him but i trust JB and his scouting staff on this. 

• Cheers 1

Wilson: "Hey Jim, I really like that Dahlen kid. You want to trade him for Karlsson?"

Benning: "Wait one secnod. Last time, I traded Subban for Dowdy and it wasn't Drew Doughty. I'm not getting fooled this time. Which one is it?"

Wilson: "Jim, how many Karlsson's do I have on this team? both are bonafide NHL players either way"

Benning: "You're right Doug. Surprise me."

Got'em.

• Haha 4

JD First full season (leading points player on his team) and THEN he had two 44 point seasons, so writing off LK already seems a bit odd, he does have a positive +/- as well in his first year where as JD broke even.

1.png Timrå IK Allsvenskan 51 15 14 29 8 0

and LK First full season

1.png Karlskrona HK Allsvenskan 48 4 13 17 59 8
Edited by shad0w4life