The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jonathan Dahlen to Sharks for Linus Karlsson

25 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I rather have him not score here vs him scoring elsewhere. 

Especially considering sharks are a division rival. WHY would u trade him there.. If we traded him to like Florida/NJD it would be less painful

They clearly liked Karlsson and San Jose liked Dahlen. I’d rather get the best value for him than worry about who we trade him too.

Dahlen will be retired by the time San Jose becomes relevant again.

14 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Dahlen scores another goal. 

I the argument I'm hearing why it was fine to trade Dahlen is because he wouldn't be the Canucks top 6 because of the team's depth in the top 6. 

Looking how bad Canucks are scoring now I would imagine Green would give Dahlen a chance in the Top 6 (or put him there permanently). 

another coach maybe lol green not a chance he'll be riding the bench for the rest of the game every time he dares to score a goal look at his podz usage

15 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Screw Benning for making this mistake :angry:

If only he can stop constantly making mistakes.. He makes good decisions "AT TIMES" but more mistakes

Did you miss the part where Karlsson is tied for first for u22 players as a rookie?

Why would we be mad if Benning got a good prospect in return for a player that didn’t wanna play here?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Did you miss the part where Karlsson is tied for first for u22 players as a rookie?

Why would we be mad if Benning got a good prospect in return for a player that didn’t wanna play here?

So far its Dahlen > Karlsson, You CANNOT deny that. Only time will tell if Karlsson is an NHL'er. 

Puljarvi didn't want to play in EDM and Holland was patient, look at how that turned out. I wouldve only traded Dahlen if he was in his final year of his rights similar to how CAR traded Fox 

Edited by DontMessMe

4 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

So far its Dahlen > Karlsson, You CANNOT deny that. Only time will tell if Karlsson is an NHL'er. 

Puljarvi didn't want to play in EDM and Holland was patient, look at how that turned out. I wouldve only traded Dahlen if he was in his final year of his rights similar to how CAR traded Fox 

Karlsson is 2 years younger and performing in a better league than Dahlen was at the same age.

Hes on track to be the better player just have to be patient. 

Dahlen is no Puljujarvi. He’s performing well early playing with some talented players. He’s not all of a sudden an all star though. His stats will drop.

34 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

because he missed the chance to sign him to an ELC during the summer and the kid prolly knows he generated enough interest especially another strong start that there will be quite a few teams come knocking come june 1st so he no longer have the need or urge to sign with vancouver if he becomes a ufa?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

because he missed the chance to sign him to an ELC during the summer and the kid prolly knows he generated enough interest especially another strong start that there will be quite a few teams come knocking come june 1st so he no longer have the need or urge to sign with vancouver if he becomes a ufa?

Just like we weren’t gonna sign Boeser or Rathbone?

Fans panic too much with signings like this. They’ll get him signed.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Just like we weren’t gonna sign Boeser or Rathbone?

Fans panic too much with signings like this. They’ll get him signed.

lol vancouver always were gonna sign boeser.. only he wanted to play in college where he can't sign until he's done playing.. unless boeser was planning to wait till he's 22 before joining the NHL? just like rathbone.. he was signed to his elc when he was 19 when he was done with his college career.. not even sure why you guys comparing them.. it's completely different situation. Karlsson on the other hand? the team didn't show any interest in signing the kid early and wait till he's about to hit UFA? 100% his agent is telling him to not sign the ELC and become a UFA and sign with a team that can offer him a max performance bonus where vancouver can prolly offer him almost 0 based on their cap situation

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol vancouver always were gonna sign boeser.. only he wanted to play in college where he can't sign until he's done playing.. unless boeser was planning to wait till he's 22 before joining the NHL? just like rathbone.. he was signed to his elc when he was 19 when he was done with his college career.. not even sure why you guys comparing them.. it's completely different situation. Karlsson on the other hand? the team didn't show any interest in signing the kid early and wait till he's about to hit UFA? 100% his agent is telling him to not sign the ELC and become a UFA and sign with a team that can offer him a max performance bonus where vancouver can prolly offer him almost 0 based on their cap situation

He’d be foolish not to sign a contract with Vancouver. 

He gets to play with really good young Swedes and there’s plenty of opportunity in our bottom 6.

He’s having a good season but to think that there’s going to be a ton of interest is a bit optimistic.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’d be foolish not to sign a contract with Vancouver. 

He gets to play with really good young Swedes and there’s plenty of opportunity in our bottom 6.

He’s having a good season but to think that there’s going to be a ton of interest is a bit optimistic.

you mean the young swedes that's getting flamed by the fan after each and every game? again he won't be foolish to wait till june 1st when he becomes a UFA to see what's available he can always double back to vancouver if there's no interest out there. if vancouver was willing to offer him a elc before june 1st they'll still be offering him the elc after june 1st unless they wanna spite him for not signing and lose another prospect for nothing.

23 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Dahlen scores another goal. 

I the argument I'm hearing why it was fine to trade Dahlen is because he wouldn't be the Canucks top 6 because of the team's depth in the top 6. 

Looking how bad Canucks are scoring now I would imagine Green would give Dahlen a chance in the Top 6 (or put him there permanently). 

Yeah, the Canucks never should have traded for this guy.

regards,  G.

10 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Hindsight makes you amazing

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Hindsight makes you amazing

Apparently the word in Euroland is that you get sent to the AHL and your career is toast. A kid is playing his first season in the AHL and demands a trade. Attitude becomes suspect so I assume Cull had talks with JB. Maybe they should have sent him back to the SEL and saw what he did. With the red flags up I can see why JB moved him especially for a prospect who had more size and would likely play middle 6 if he achieved potential. 

I am glad he is having some success but we all know that the first circuit thru the league writes the book that all clubs scout you on. He will face more attention the 2nd time around. 

Edited by Boudrias
  • Cheers 3

48 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Apparently the word in Euroland is that you get sent to the AHL and your career is toast. A kid is playing his first season in the AHL and demands a trade. Attitude becomes suspect so I assume Cull had talks with JB. Maybe they should have sent him back to the SEL and saw what he did. With the red flags up I can see why JB moved him especially for a prospect who had more size and would likely play middle 6 if he achieved potential. 

I am glad he is having some success but we all know that the first circuit thru the league writes the book that all clubs scout you on. He will face more attention the 2nd time around. 

He didn't even finish his AHL season before demanding a trade. Yeah, attitude was definitely suspected. I mean, he could've just sucked it up, finished the AHL season, then come back to training camp in the best shape of his life. But nooo, he demanded the exit. JP Barry, his agent, even confirmed it.

• Cheers 1