The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE TORONTO RAPTORS HAVE WON THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP

2 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Draymond Green: "Win the next game, go back to Toronto, win Game 5, come back to Oracle, win Game 6. Celebrate. Fun times ahead."

OH REALLLY

This is gonna age real well

3 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Respect to Curry for carrying the team like he did, Herculean effort.  47 points this game, then Klay back from DTD or KD back for good and I think we'd have a series.

Still crazy how the Warriors at less than 50% (Boogie and Iggy a shadow of their former selves, no Klay/ KD, Draymond's better on defense) could still stay relatively close to the Raptors at full strength.  

Raps aren’t playing at full strength.

Kawhi has a sore hamstring.

Green’s tricep is bothering him since the Sixers series.

Siakiam has/had problems with his left calf.

Lowry has a broke thumb.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Outstanding! 2 wins to go. I really think this is the Raptors’ year. Man, it will be sweet if they win the championship of an American dominated sport! 

yeah!, that's never been done before since oh wait except in back to back years by the bluejays. if i'm not mistaken b ball is a Canadian invention

A lot being made about Klay and KD being out and I agree that it was an opportunity that the Raps had to take advantage of, but I disagree somewhat with this consensus that I'm seeing (especially in the American media) that things definitely would have been different had the Dubs been at full strength.

I think it was Draymond who said in the post-game presser, something to the effect of "If we have Klay and KD, that's another 50 points".....as if the addition of those two changes the final score to 159-123 for GS.

The thing is, there's only one rock. Steph was looking for the shot every time, because he didn't have his other two big scorers. If those guys are playing, Curry is distributing more often and who knows what happens on those shots? What we know for sure is that Steph doesn't put up 47....

The Raps won because they got contributions up and down the lineup. If they can continue that trend, they have a legit shot.

BTW: In the same press conference, I had to chuckle a bit when Green said something to the effect of "We've never seen that kind of performance", referring to Steph's game...

I'm pretty sure Kobe went off like that on a regular basis....

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A lot being made about Klay and KD being out and I agree that it was an opportunity that the Raps had to take advantage of, but I disagree somewhat with this consensus that I'm seeing (especially in the American media) that things definitely would have been different had the Dubs been at full strength.

I think it was Draymond who said in the post-game presser, something to the effect of "If we have Klay and KD, that's another 50 points".....as if the addition of those two changes the final score to 159-123 for GS.

The thing is, there's only one rock. Steph was looking for the shot every time, because he didn't have his other two big scorers. If those guys are playing, Curry is distributing more often and who knows what happens on those shots? What we know for sure is that Steph doesn't put up 47....

The Raps won because they got contributions up and down the lineup. If they can continue that trend, they have a legit shot.

BTW: In the same press conference, I had to chuckle a bit when Green said something to the effect of "We've never seen that kind of performance", referring to Steph's game...

I agree, 100%.

49 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Heh, let Golden State think that.  Maybe they'll be complacent when/if KD and KT return.

Bottom line, Raps don't need to apologize for being healthier.  Staying healthy enough to win a championship is one of the hurdles a team has to overcome in order to win it all.  

39 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Heh, let Golden State think that.  Maybe they'll be complacent when/if KD and KT return.

Bottom line, Raps don't need to apologize for being healthier.  Staying healthy enough to win a championship is one of the hurdles a team has to overcome in order to win it all.  

If anything, I would be worried the Raptors get complacent because of the injuries on GS. If the warriors 2 of 3 best players are injured long term I think its very realistic they finish it off in the next 2. I felt the Raptors lead was never really threathened at all in game 3. The team the Warriors put out on the floor yesterday would struggle to even make the playoffs. Iguodala is on his last legs nothing like his 2015 finals mvp self. Younger team like the Sixers put up a better fight. That said if KD and Klay come back, I think there will be a decisive game 7. 

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

https://www.axios.com/scoop-warriors-fan-who-shoved-raptors-player-is-a-part-owner-5e2a1ded-9f3a-4ca0-9f52-3a008b644284.html

The guy who pushed Lowry wasn't a Warriors fan, he was a Warriors part-owner... 

Wow

Part owner or not, he’s banned for the remainder of the finals and the Oracle swan song in game 6. As he should be. Stay classy Oakland/San Fran.

Lebron had something to say about it.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/lebron-james-instagram-warriors-owner-shoving-raptors-lowry

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 1

Durant is out for game 4. He's likely out for game 5 too since he hasn't even practiced.

I don't believe KD plays this year at all. Even his best case scenario is a comeback for game 6 (unless Raps finish it earlier) and he plays 15 ish minutes. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Durant is out for game 4. He's likely out for game 5 too since he hasn't even practiced.

I don't believe KD plays this year at all. Even his best case scenario is a comeback for game 6 (unless Raps finish it earlier) and he plays 15 ish minutes. 

My prayers have been answered 

anigif_sub-buzz-20276-1512586655-1.gif

giphy-7.gif.fb4e15014c2bf7281c3175869343fd57.gif

Edited by naslund.is.king
  • Haha 2

At first I was like cool there’s Victoria’s and Whitecaps owner Steve Nash sitting beside Jay and B...later realizing that’s not Steve... He is working for the Warriors as a player development consultant. Gotta make that money to pay for all those highly priced Whitecaps players:bigblush:

06BE5910-6E64-44D1-B8E3-C0500A418530.png

E7D2CA6B-8F82-470B-8A18-F4A2F2E296D1.jpeg