The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

20 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Also worth noting that Benning has not heard back from Loui after he reached out regarding his comments at the world cup.

Ghosting ur Gm

Here's hoping Loui just doesn't show up next season after his bonus is paid out. I'm really done with this saga. 

6 minutes ago, JJP said:

What happens to his salary against the Canucks if he is sent down to the AHL? 

Does it still count against the salary cap? 

Most of it will.  Only 1.075M can be buried in the minors so anything above will count against the cap.

24 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Also worth noting that Benning has not heard back from Loui after he reached out regarding his comments at the world cup.

Ghosting ur Gm

Loui cant find the back of the net.....or his phone. 

29 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Before we put this all on Eriksson having a bad attitude, it is entirely possible at his exit interviews that the team said they wanted to move on from him.

(the fact they want to move on is on Eriksson’s performance... but maybe not his attitude).

Just now, rekker said:

I'm starting to think this saga is going to end without us having to take on a bad contract. After LE's bonus is paid.

I think that has been clear all along but don't need to take on a worse player with a worse contract like Lucic

• Upvote 1

Just now, rekker said:

That's what I think. I think he plays in Sweden next year. 

I'm not really up on how this whole thing works. If he plays in Sweden next year, what would a buyout do to our cap with two years remaining? Or one, if he decided to play in Sweden for two years?

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

I'm starting to think this saga is going to end without us having to take on a bad contract. After LE's bonus is paid.

I hear the Canucks have hired a real estate agent in Toronto.

They're looking to buy one of those islands in the Robidas archipelago.

Of course, we have islands here in British Columbia, but something about those Robidas islands that fall off the CBA radar.

Edited by oldnews
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm not really up on how this whole thing works. If he plays in Sweden next year, what would a buyout do to our cap with two years remaining? Or one, if he decided to play in Sweden for two years?

That I'm not sure on. I think if he played in Sweden his contact becomes nullified?

11 minutes ago, rekker said:

That I'm not sure on. I think if he played in Sweden his contact becomes nullified?

Can't with an NHL contract.  They have an agreement.  

The agreement with the KHL excludes this as well.

Frankly if the only option is to trade him for a worse contract than don't trade him.  If he doesn't report that is best case scenario.He would just get suspended.  If he didn't show up I wonder if Nucks could sue for return of signing bonus.

Wouldn't take Lucic, that contract is significantly worse. 

I would absolutely take on big one or two year contract though.  Have used the examples of Perry and Ryan before Perry was bought out.

If he took the Kovalchuck route, we would be on the hook for cap recapture I believe.

Edited by DrJockitch