The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

1 minute ago, We Are All Cucks said:

Absolutely a team would do it. It all comes down to the owner. It is essentially just buying a pick. Expensive, but a deep-pocketed team with space would do it for sure.

On top of it, you get the off chance you can turn Lucic around. Very off chance...of course.

The cap is not going up.  Escrow is at 15%. Lucic has a full NMC, and must take a roster spot and be protected in expansion.  

Considering these circumstances, which team can afford to take on his contract?  

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The cap is not going up.  Escrow is at 15%. Lucic has a full NMC, and must take a roster spot and be protected in expansion.  

Fair enough. I just think that acquiring a top 10 pick while only giving up extremely minimal picks or players (aside from expansion implications) is a tantalizing prospect for a lot of teams, if they can afford it.

As for who can afford it, well, the Canucks can (hence the speculation). Outside of that I'd have to look closer, but a rebuilding team like the Rangers would probably love to get another top ten pick to add. Plus, if they have ambitions of competing this year, they might even consider a big body like Lucic (salary aside) an asset more than a detriment. 

Edited by We Are All Cucks

Ken Holland is not the same type of GM that they just got rid of. Chicarelli? Picking the bones in Edmonton is over. Don't want Lucic unless there is a big add on and Pool Party is not enough. I think Benning could move LE elsewhere with less downside. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

He isn't returning Jim's phone call and he is moving his family lol. I'd let him mutually agree to terminate the deal LOL. That or send him down to the A.

I think he would agree to terminate the deal at this rate if he's doing all of the above.

Eriksson is really starting to show his true colors. Why not take Benning's call? What a primadonna. This guy truly is the second coming of Vrbata. Hopefully Jim has had his fill of signing these types of over the hill players to large contracts.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Eriksson is really starting to show his true colors. Why not take Benning's call? What a primadonna. This guy truly is the second coming of Vrbata. Hopefully Jim has had his fill of signing these types of over the hill players to large contracts.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and maybe we don't know the whole story, but yeah this is getting weird.

If its true that they've packed up and moved that seems like something you'd have to have been working on for a while so while it seems out of the blue maybe this is just the end of a year of bs like Weisbrod hinted at? 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, and maybe we don't know the whole story, but yeah this is getting weird.

If its true that they've packed up and moved that seems like something you'd have to have been working on for a while so while it seems out of the blue maybe this is just the end of a year of bs like Weisbrod hinted at? 

What did Weisbrod say?

Just now, riffraff said:

He made it sound like all parties involved including Green had open discussions about the situation and that this is not simply a recent development.

Thanks riff. Good to know. I figured that Benning and Green would have addressed the fact that Eriksson was a floater.

This news is music to my ears as a Canucks fan. As soon as Green benched Eriksson, I was impressed. Holding vets accountable for underwhelming performances is the right way to go, and sends the right message to the team.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I believe that a player can waive this clause to facilitate a trade.  My understanding is that it can either be waived just for that trade, or, waived for the duration of the contract.  If I were considering a trade for Lucic, and he would not entirely waive it for the full term, that would be a deal breaker. 

• Upvote 1

Why the hell are people even considering lucic for Eriksson? An underperforming guy for another underperforming guy with a longer contract. Like Edmonton won't add much as it's not even a cap dump. And all it does is put Vancouver in a bad place years down when they actually need the cap space. At this point I'd keep Eriksson over Lucic even if they toss in a draft pick or 2.. Eriksson still out performs lucic and have 1 year less on his contract. Lucic looks like he doesnt even belong in the NHL anymore

• Cheers 1

Does Eriksson go back to Dallas every summer? If not, that's kind of weird to move there, just to move again in a couple of months.

I had a theory that Eriksson may suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder. Would explain how he has just looked miserable and disengaged from the moment he got to Vancouver. But plays great in the Worlds in sunny May, also the World Cup in sunny September. And thrived in Dallas - less so in Boston.

2 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

I wonder if Dallas would take him back? We pay off Eriksson's signing bonus for this year. 

TO DALLAS
Eriksson (salary retained)

TO VANCOUVER
Hanzal

I had this idea:

To DALLAS - Eriksson with 50% retention

To VANCOUVER - Blake Comeau

Canucks save $600K this season and next, and then save $3M of Eriksson's salary in the final year, when they'll need the space for Pettersson and Hughes.

6 hours ago, EagleShield said:

Assuming that management doesn't want him around and Loui doesn't want to be a Canuck, his failure to report would be a cause for termination that is mutually agreeable...

Had a quick look at the CBA but couldn't see anything about mutual terminations. Agreed on the restructuring, certainly within a limit. The issue with Loui is that he's grossly overpaid for what he does, and the salary brings expectations from the fanbase, which must filter down to management and coaching. If he was doing what he does here for $2.5m, I don't think there'd be an issue.

That’s interesting.

but it’s summer now what he’s doing is just rude. I don’t think theirs ever been an example of that happening is there?

of course he’s been ridiculously over paid for what he’s given, and he’s been given every opportunity in the top 6 5v5. With Petey and Bo. Guy sucks.

thought his saving grace were the little things and his character / attitude. But that Swedish report, ignoring Benning after it too while he’s focused on the draft (host team and his favorite day of year) like get outttta here!

mans a loser can’t wait for him to be gone. I’m sad I was one that was happy we signed him back on that cursed day.

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Maybe now that the Sedins are gone there could be a disconnect with LE.  Just a thought.

That seemed to be the same excuse with Vrbata. No excuse in my opinion.

Edler's performance wasn't affected by the first season he played without them.