The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

Mutual termination a possibility here? Would allow him to sign anywhere he would like. Maybe Dallas signs him to a 1 year $3-4mill show me contract. Obviously this happens after his bonus is paid out. He's really only leaving 9 million on the table with a mutual termination. If he can recoup 3-4 million elsewhere, its less of a hit. He gets to play where he wants, and MOST IMPORTANTLY we get rid of the contract and can make something happen

Goldobin for Lucic and 8thOA

10thOA, Tanev for Barrie and 16thOA

Rathbone for Clarkson and 17thOA --> flip 17thOA with additional piece to move up as high as possible within the top 15

Draft - Krebs, Seider, Nehwook

Place Clarkson on LTIR after the beginning of the season

We can still move Sutter to Anaheim or Florida who I've heard have interest with retention to increase our return

We can move Baertschi, Granlund, Spooner, Schaller to whoever will take them or bury them in the minors to clear up the space for Lucic. (Baertschi and Spooner would do it)

Sign Brett Connoly as a UFA

Sign March Johansson as UFA

Sign Anton Stralman as UFA

Johansson Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Connoly Gaudette Lucic

Roussel Beagle Motte

Edler Stralman

Hughes Barrie

Juolevi Stetcher

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Can't with an NHL contract.  They have an agreement.  

The agreement with the KHL excludes this as well.

Frankly if the only option is to trade him for a worse contract than don't trade him.  If he doesn't report that is best case scenario.He would just get suspended.  If he didn't show up I wonder if Nucks could sue for return of signing bonus.

Wouldn't take Lucic, that contract is significantly worse. 

I would absolutely take on big one or two year contract though.  Have used the examples of Perry and Ryan before Perry was bought out.

I've suggested a trade for Bobby Ryan before. I like that but he would need to be expansion draft protected.

3 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

Mutual termination a possibility here? Would allow him to sign anywhere he would like. Maybe Dallas signs him to a 1 year $3-4mill show me contract. Obviously this happens after his bonus is paid out. He's really only leaving 9 million on the table with a mutual termination. If he can recoup 3-4 million elsewhere, its less of a hit. He gets to play where he wants, and MOST IMPORTANTLY we get rid of the contract and can make something happen

[...]

Don't think mutual termination is allowed if he plans to stay in the NHL.  He would have earned an average of 9M for a cap hit of 6M.  It would be too easy to agree at signing date to part ways before the contract is up.  It's just another way to artificially reduce the cap hit.

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

3 yrs left for both players.

But if Ryan waives his NMC to come here its gone. Canucks would have to agree to honour it.. 

Yuck, NVM, thought he had two years left.

Would look at pretty much any big to huge 1-2 year contract. 

The $9M owed for Louis three years is better for many teams than $15-16M for two.

25 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

Rathbone for Clarkson and 17thOA --> flip 17thOA with additional piece to move up as high as possible within the top 15

We can still move Sutter to Anaheim or Florida who I've heard have interest with retention to increase our return

We can move Baertschi, Granlund, Spooner, Schaller to whoever will take them or bury them in the minors to clear up the space for Lucic. (Baertschi and Spooner would do it)

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Connoly Gaudette Lucic

Roussel Beagle Motte

Edler Stralman

Hughes Barrie

Juolevi Stetcher

I've played NHL 19 too

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

I heard him say that on the radio today.

To be fair, he had apparently tied it on pretty heavily last night with some of his broadcast buddies and sounded really hung over.

Is he in Vancouver for the Draft??    Roxy? 

2 hours ago, Seannnp said:

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Connoly Gaudette Lucic

Roussel Beagle Motte

Edler Stralman

Hughes Barrie

Juolevi Stetcher

I know people laughed but some of these are entirely feasible within reason.  I see us giving up a few more prospects to facilitate it but people are SERIOUSLY underestimating the value of cap space right now, especially with a few teams that had banked on that extra $2 million in space that isn't there anymore.

I am a huge proponent right now of taking on bad contracts with 2 years or less for picks right now and with the current space we have and our depth needs it's one of the smartest ways to garner those assets.

4 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Can't with an NHL contract.  They have an agreement.  

The agreement with the KHL excludes this as well.

Frankly if the only option is to trade him for a worse contract than don't trade him.  If he doesn't report that is best case scenario.He would just get suspended.  If he didn't show up I wonder if Nucks could sue for return of signing bonus.

Wouldn't take Lucic, that contract is significantly worse. 

I would absolutely take on big one or two year contract though.  Have used the examples of Perry and Ryan before Perry was bought out.

If he took the Kovalchuck route, we would be on the hook for cap recapture I believe.

I could be wrong, but I thought players could mutually agree to terminate a contract; but he couldnt play in the NHL again until that terminated contract would have expired, so three years. This would allow him to go to Sweden and play though. Also if he doesnt report to camp, I think we send him a letter with a date to report by and if he doesn't then we can put him on unconditional waivers for the purpose of termination. Not sure how that relates to him re-signing with another NHL team though. Probably can't