The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

2 minutes ago, mugiwara said:

What about loui and tanev for lucic and 8th 

Oh well wait a minute...

this is very interesting.

keep the 8th and the 10th? Or aim for the 1OA19 with them?

Edited by Me_

45 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If only Chiarelli were still there. We could trade Eriksson and our 10th overall this year for Lucic and their 1st rd pick next year and be in the running for Lafreniere xD

Lafreniere Pettersson Boeser

*faints*

You dont think we could make that deal without having to kick in the 10OA?

Chiarelli, man.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Seannnp said:

Mutual termination a possibility here? Would allow him to sign anywhere he would like. Maybe Dallas signs him to a 1 year $3-4mill show me contract. Obviously this happens after his bonus is paid out. He's really only leaving 9 million on the table with a mutual termination. If he can recoup 3-4 million elsewhere, its less of a hit. He gets to play where he wants, and MOST IMPORTANTLY we get rid of the contract and can make something happen

Goldobin for Lucic and 8thOA

10thOA, Tanev for Barrie and 16thOA

Rathbone for Clarkson and 17thOA --> flip 17thOA with additional piece to move up as high as possible within the top 15

Draft - Krebs, Seider, Nehwook

Place Clarkson on LTIR after the beginning of the season

We can still move Sutter to Anaheim or Florida who I've heard have interest with retention to increase our return

We can move Baertschi, Granlund, Spooner, Schaller to whoever will take them or bury them in the minors to clear up the space for Lucic. (Baertschi and Spooner would do it)

Sign Brett Connoly as a UFA

Sign March Johansson as UFA

Sign Anton Stralman as UFA

Johansson Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Connoly Gaudette Lucic

Roussel Beagle Motte

Edler Stralman

Hughes Barrie

Juolevi Stetcher

It’s againat the CBA

i think they should introduce contract restructuring if a player brutally underperforms or has personal issues. It would be good for players and teams.

Maybe one day

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Seriously? 

STEP AWAY FROM THE BONG!!!

Goldobins cap is minimal. We essentially send no salary back. Pick up 4 years of an underperforming player at 6m cap. The 8th would be the minimum I’m asking for if Im helping them clear 6 m

leave my bong out of this 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, R3aL said:

It’s againat the CBA

i think they should introduce contract restructuring if a player brutally underperforms or has personal issues. It would be good for players and teams.

Maybe one day

Assuming that management doesn't want him around and Loui doesn't want to be a Canuck, his failure to report would be a cause for termination that is mutually agreeable...

Had a quick look at the CBA but couldn't see anything about mutual terminations. Agreed on the restructuring, certainly within a limit. The issue with Loui is that he's grossly overpaid for what he does, and the salary brings expectations from the fanbase, which must filter down to management and coaching. If he was doing what he does here for $2.5m, I don't think there'd be an issue.

We need to stop with this Lucic talk. Even if puljujarvi is attached to him we shouldn't do it.

His contract is terrible and I don't care if he is tougher than LE. If we want toughness go after ryan reaves instead.

With the rumor of Erikssons family moving back to Dallas maybe we could trade him there for Hanzal who could be bought out.

6 hours ago, KeslerWho? said:

I could be wrong, but I thought players could mutually agree to terminate a contract; but he couldnt play in the NHL again until that terminated contract would have expired, so three years. This would allow him to go to Sweden and play though. Also if he doesnt report to camp, I think we send him a letter with a date to report by and if he doesn't then we can put him on unconditional waivers for the purpose of termination. Not sure how that relates to him re-signing with another NHL team though. Probably can't

That is what Kovalchuk did.  There would be cap recapture and NJ got penalized (but got the pic back because it was Lou).

He isn't returning Jim's phone call and he is moving his family lol. I'd let him mutually agree to terminate the deal LOL. That or send him down to the A.

I think he would agree to terminate the deal at this rate if he's doing all of the above.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

He isn't returning Jim's phone call and he is moving his family lol. I'd let him mutually agree to terminate the deal LOL. That or send him down to the A.

I think he would agree to terminate the deal at this rate if he's doing all of the above.

waive him, and when he refuses to report, terminate the contract and let him retire or go to sweden. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

If Loui agrees to terminate, I don’t think he can sign in the NHL until the term is up.  

7 hours ago, mugiwara said:

What about loui and tanev for lucic and 8th 

Ken Holland says he has only picked 2x in the top-10 in Detroit.  He says if someone calls and makes an incredible offer they might accept to move back  a bit but otherwise they are picking at 8th.  He's not giving up the pick.  He talks of how important drafting is to accelerate the process.  It's from his conference of yesterday.  It's on the Oilers youtube channel.

Edited by mll

Just now, mll said:

Ken Holland says he has only picked 2x in the top-10 in Detroit.  He says if someone calls and makes an incredible offer they might accept to move back  a bit but otherwise they are making the pick.  The video is from yesterday.  

What’s he going to say?

if a team offered to take Lucic and the 8 OA was the needed sweetener, Holland would accept.  No team will do it though.  Lucic can’t play anymore, and has a terrible contract.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What’s he going to say?

if a team offered to take Lucic and the 8 OA was the needed sweetener, Holland would accept.  No team will do it though.  Lucic can’t play anymore, and has a terrible contract.  

He wouldn't accept.  Lucic is not the sole reason they are a mess - moving him doesn't solve all their issues.  It's on their youtube channel - it's pretty obvious that he thinks the best way to move forward is to draft.  He talks of how drafting accelerates the process - he hopes they can draft 2 or even 3 prospects who will make the league. 

1 minute ago, mll said:

He wouldn't accept.  Lucic is not the sole reason they are a mess - moving him doesn't solve all their issues.  It's on their youtube channel - it's pretty obvious that he thinks the best way to move forward is to draft.  He talks of how drafting accelerates the process - he hopes they can draft 2 or even 3 prospects who will make the league. 

Again, what else can he say?  You think McDavid wants guys who are mature and can help now, or he wants draft picks?  Moving out Lucic frees up cap to sign immediate help via UFAs.  Holland should look at trading McDavid now (if he’s going to rebuild through the draft) bevore McDavid comes out publicly and demands one.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Again, what else can he say?  You think McDavid wants guys who are mature and can help now, or he wants draft picks?  Moving out Lucic frees up cap to sign immediate help via UFAs.  Holland should look at trading McDavid now (if he’s going to rebuild through the draft) bevore McDavid comes out publicly and demands one.

6M is not going to give them enough cash to build a D-corps, find a goalie and create another scoring line.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What’s he going to say?

Absolutely a team would do it. It all comes down to the owner. It is essentially just buying a pick. Expensive, but a deep-pocketed team with space would do it for sure.

On top of it, you get the off chance you can turn Lucic around. Very off chance...of course.